The Accurate Reloading Forums
litterbox question

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7821043/m/9801041512

30 October 2015, 19:23
rabbithabit
litterbox question
What would cause a kitten to quit using her litter box? She had diarrhea and is over that. She does pee in her box but poops in the floor now.
31 October 2015, 05:08
Rolland
It might be that the sides are too high for her when she needs to go. We had a cat like that and we cut a lower opening in the side and solved the problem. I have also picked up the litter and put it in the box then picked up the cat and placed it in the box next to the poop a couple of times and that helped as well.
hope that helps

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member
02 November 2015, 03:47
rabbithabit
I will try that and see what happens. Thanks
03 November 2015, 02:32
Crazyhorseconsulting
quote:
It might be that the sides are too high for her when she needs to go. We had a cat like that and we cut a lower opening in the side and solved the problem. I have also picked up the litter and put it in the box then picked up the cat and placed it in the box next to the poop a couple of times and that helped as well.
hope that helps

Excellent advice.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

05 November 2015, 09:08
Rolland
We have the best trained cats (5) in the world. We have a secure back yard for them, grass, dirt, things to climb on. But when they have to go they come in the house and use the litter box. We even have a sanded area in the corner for them. I will never understand cats.

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member
07 November 2015, 05:54
rabbithabit
The cat that I lost would rather go outside to use the bathroom.
Took my kitten to the vet today and she got a shot and some pills. Hope that takes care of the diarrhea.
17 November 2015, 09:01
OTTOMATIC
My cats (3) have never seen a litter box & never messed in the house. They cry & scratch at the door to go out or come in.

Cats have nine lives. Which makes them ideal for experimentation...
17 November 2015, 23:27
BaxterB
As odd as it sounds, cats can associate the litter box with the cause of their discomfort, i.e. when I use the box I feel bad, so don't use the box. This can happen when a cat gets urine crystals too. The trick is when the problem has cleared up to be super conscientious with the box - keep it really clean and inviting, for lack of a better word. I used to leave the lid off ours when our cat had crystals to make it easier in and and out, and at times manual put the cat in the box and pet it. I know, sounds weird, but cats can be as weird as they can be cool.
18 November 2015, 05:36
rabbithabit
I did some reading while in the vet office and one article said if you change their brand of litter it could change their bathroom habit.
We did change to a different brand and will switch back to the clay type and see what happens.