THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CATS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Cats    Lost a member of the family
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lost a member of the family
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
About 12 years ago, a small very male tabby cat with white on his paws walked into out lives. He sat on the picnic table on our rural porch and chatted with us and made friends. Within a few days he was taking meals and had decided that these were pretty good digs.

We adopted him and had him neutered. Took years for the jowls to subside.

He adopted me ... and became my best friend. He walked with me in the woods. Made sure I was safe in the shops. Snuggled down on a pillow next to me. He slept with his arms around my wrist with his face pressed into my palm.

Eight or 9 months ago he began to go blind due apparently to high blood pressure. As that progressed he handled it with grace ... never complaining and never missing a visit to the cat box. He found his way though he stopped going outdoors without a guide.

This last week it became obvious that the BP problem was getting worse and we had several visits to the vet. We thought we had gotten it under control.

Yesterday he had a CVA (stroke) and passed away.

Pagosawingnut ... I gotta tell you that I have shed tears for my little fella ... he was a gentle and loving soul ... and I miss him terribly!

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Mine and Lora's Condolences on your loss. I can not envision what life will be like when my little boy is no longer around to go out on my daily rounds. Cats are special.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr Mike- So sorry to hear about the loss of your fine companion. He was a trooper and provided many a fond memory. You were blessed to have such a fella around for those years. You have my heart-felt condolences.

posted Hide Post
mstarling, I too was adopted by a small female kitty 14yrs. She was my best friend also. We mushroom hunted together, and she would lay on the deck and watch me mow the lawn. I could go on an on about her, but I lost her in Dec. to cancer, and she died at the Vet's office while he was treating her. I'm lost without her and I'm thinking about getting a kitty, but there was only one like her and I doubt she will ever be replaced!
Steve

One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
Mike,

That little fellow was very much a member of your family and had a great life with you. I remember him as quite the little gentleman.

Sorry to hear of his passing.

Rick

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Awww, sorry to hear of your loss. Kitties are so cool!

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mary Hilliard-Krueger
posted Hide Post
Mike,

I haven't been on AR in quite some time. Was saddened to read this as I know how you feel about felines. He sure was a beautiful cat and he was so fortunate to have picked the right picnic table 12 years ago.

My heart goes out to you for your loss.

Kind regards,
Mary

Taxidermist/Rugmaker

Posts: 904 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 12 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks folks. Took me a while to get up the courage to bury the baby. Have a lovely old white oak that catches the morning sun.

The pillow next to me is where he slept. Sure is empty now.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It does break your heart (if you have one).My last was 'Miss Pickles' whom someone dumped;she had been de clawed + w/ renal failure.She would always set @ post,ballet style with her damaged paws.When she passed she was in the arms of those that loved her.......not the unmentionables who left her on the side of the road.

Posts: 4103 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote