THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CATS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Cats    Help! It's tearing up the house!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help! It's tearing up the house!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted
I have not been a lover of cats and would have preffered not to have one.... BUT, My wife caved in and let the boys get a kitten from some neighbors. It's been the typical spaz, a bit wild to be in the house without close supervision. I or my wife have taken things down, removed screendoors, etc. Now it has ruined the weatherstripping on the back door. It hangs from the little bit of rubber that sticks out to the point that there isn't any left within her reach.

How can I keep her from tearing it up again if I replace it? Ideas anyone? ( without lead poisoning Wink)

Oh and do they calm down after getting spayed? How long after?

I'm about ready to give her a love-tap on the head! Nate

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NavyVet
posted Hide Post
I've heard that spraying cats with a water gun when they're doing something wrong teaches them to stop. I don't know if that really works. My suggestion is to replace that weatherstripping when she grows out of this stage.

NRA life member, thanks to Steve. Smiler

Running on empty...

Posts: 250 | Location: God's Country | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
Do they calm down after getting fixed usually? She got fixed about 10 days ago and I can't really tell a difference.

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NavyVet
posted Hide Post
They usually do settle down after getting fixed. But, is she still a kitten? Around 6 months? Her energy may be more related to her age. When she's around 9 months or so, you should see her acting better. She'll be less kitten like and mischievous. But, they can always have their moments. Even as adult cats. Lol!

NRA life member, thanks to Steve. Smiler

Running on empty...

Posts: 250 | Location: God's Country | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Should calm down in a year or so. Best wishes.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
without lead poisoning

Sorry, I cannot help you.

However, to save the krat and the house. Give it to someone for a "barn cat". Then it gets to live and you get to keep your house intact.

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
A barns bullet would help you out on the lead poisoning.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Get another kitten.They will work each other + leave you alone (kinda),but their energy will be spent on each other than on your screen door.

Posts: 4103 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Replace the cat with a new owner or bury it as you prefer best.

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5935 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Take the cat to your local taxidermist and have him convert it into an attractive door-stopper. That way you can still pat it as you walk past , and it will actually perform a useful service without any of that silly behaviour

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4454 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote