New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weird Lion Dream --
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Let me note here that I've never hunted lion. The closest contact I've ever had with a lion is in the zoo or with the MGM logo.

Dreaming, sound asleep, safe at home, in bed, in Oregon . . .

I'd come upon a large, "trophy" male lion, out on the African plains. He was not in a good mood. I was infringing on his territory. So he started approaching me, ready to attack, at about 20 yds.

I raised up my my bolt action Weatherby -- probably 300 mag. because I can't imagine having anything else, put the reticle of the Leupold 3 - 9x 40mm VX III right on his chest, just under his chin.

click . . . shocker

Cycled the bolt . . . reticle on his chest again
. . . click. shocker

No ammo in the gun. shocker

-- I gotta cut back on the spicy food before I go to bed. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Mary Hilliard-Krueger
posted Hide Post
....and the magnificnet beast never took his eyes off of me. 20 yards to my death, as I saw it. As he glared at me with those large golden eyes, almost patheticaly, he started his advance. Slowly at first, one large paw after another, gliding over the ground as if he were floating. Then his speed picked up, and as he neared and was ready to leap, I started to close my eyes in anticipation of the ravaging of claws and teeth. It was then I realized, "Dear God, it's a tiger"!!

(Sorry, didn't mean to hi-jack your dream, couldn't help myself.) Wink

Taxidermist/Rugmaker

Posts: 904 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 12 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Purrrrrrrrfect ! ! ! *LMAO*

one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9207 | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote