Find
Notify
Tools

Porch Pirate Prevention
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted
My buddy and his neighbors feed stray the cats in the 'hood( not sure it's a get idea). In return they watch for packages

Posts: 6361 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
Do they earn their keep? Be Well, Packy.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Well, I assume if yours are like mine they just look at you, sneer + take a nap. Earn their keep!!!!???. They deserve it, right?

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Yea, they are outside cats so they just peek in the window when they hear someone.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No point in getting involved in any business not of their own making; not like those NASTY dogs that just go out of their way to harass people, what affrontery! Cool

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
How do they get the right ones to stick around? (I hear a joke coming from someone). After all you want to make sure that they're black, right? Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mine came from under the porch after I saw her and started feeding her. After being speyed, shots, wormed, and shots she won't go outside. Be Well, Packy.

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
One of the neighbor ladies does a cat-ch and release. She takes them to the vet and they do what Packy said. Do they clip the ears.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That ear docking is quite common. Easily identified + saves a lot of time + trouble for the vet.

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by richj:
One of the neighbor ladies does a cat-ch and release. She takes them to the vet and they do what Packy said. Do they clip the ears.

They just need to be shot. All this does is kill more song birds.

It is bad science and has been proven to be so.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have thought about a guard cat for the front porch. About 150 pounds. Be Well, Packy.

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Or 30 7 pound cats!

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7757 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
That cartoon reminds of the real thing that I experienced in Zimbabwe on one of my Safaris. It was just outside Bishopstone where we had been on Safari. At one point during the safari, my wife, I and the PH's wife were visiting a family by the name of Bristow who had some cheetahs that they were rehabilitating. My wife wanted to see them and so we went to the house/ranch that they had and did the visit. Surrounding their side door they had a fenced in area. Inside the fenced in area were literally a full grown male and female lion/lioness. We met the entire family, sans the father, and years later while I was hunting the BVC I ran into a professional hunter by the name of Mark Bristow, who just happened to be the young teenage boy of the family that we had met years earlier.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those nasty old English sparrows should be wiped out by any means necessary.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
quote:
Originally posted by richj:

They just need to be shot. All this does is kill more song birds.

It is bad science and has been proven to be so.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We think that the Texas state legislature is using tax dollars to clone grackles. Wink