New
Find
Notify
Tools

Worlds toughest cat
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I must have found the worlds toughest cat on my farm.It was a wild feral cat that always scared off deer or had a quail or rabbit in its mouth.I decided this cats gotta go.I saw it at the farm house and grabbed my 338 win mag.This is the only animal that ever ran from it.I shot it length wise and split the cat in half.I went to see the damage and it ran off.I grabbed my 22 pistol and shot it 6 or 7 times and it was still breathing.I had to club it with a log to make it quit breathing.I was wondering if this cat was as big as a lion how bad would it be.I heard lions are hard to kill.

Posts: 2531 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
"Two in the head,you know they're dead."

"Bring enough gun."

One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of the best cartridges to use on cats is a 22 solid short with an x cut into the lead. Works better than anything else I have tried.

one of us
Picture of tarbe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rabbithabit:
One of the best cartridges to use on cats is a 22 solid short with an x cut into the lead. Works better than anything else I have tried.

Better than a .338? Smiler

0351 USMC

Posts: 1531 | Location: Romance, Missouri | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dont know about a 338 but it works a whole lot better than a 357.

one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
17 hmr-to small for coyotes,but perfect for feral cats in the barnyard.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of namibiahunter
posted Hide Post
Maybe cats are inherently tough - wild, feral, alley, or domesticated.

I hit a caracal with a .308 Win, took out it's guts, and still it sprinted over 200 yards to a clump of thorn acacias. We couldn't retrieve it for several hours and in the morning light because it was still full of fight.

Namibiahunter

Posts: 665 | Location: Oregon or Namibia | Registered: 13 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dgr416:
It was a wild feral cat that always scared off deer

A cat running off deer is odd indeed! I've watched cats interact with deer on two occasions. Both times the cat showed no interest at all while the deer exhibited extreme curiosity in the cat but no apparent fear. The deer trailed the cat for some distance.

Plinker

aim small, hit small

Posts: 1522 | Location: WV | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote