New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm Getting a Cat
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My daughter is moving into a new place where they don't allow cats. So she asked me to take it because i'm the only person she'd trust with it. I told her i'm not very good with animals, but she reminded me how her cat always runs up to me like it's happy to see me and i'm the only person it comes to like that. ?? I don't remember any of that, but i don't want her thinking i'm getting forgetful or anything. I really didn't think it liked me THAT much. I did sort of like her cat better than most cats though, so i'm going to try it.

EDITED TO ADD: Got him and here is a sweet little picture of my new furbaby.

Plinker

aim small, hit small

Posts: 1522 | Location: WV | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Looks like a nice cat!

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A Cutie!

Hope he warms up to you and things are fine.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Ann! Here is another better picture:

MsStarling, he was sad and confused the first couple days but now he is warming up to my husband and me both. He came running in the bedroom this morning and jumped up on the bed and started purring. He won't stay put long, and he actually pays more attention if you ignore him.

Yesterday we accidentally left the basement door open and he went down there where it's dusty and spidery. I went to get him and his face was covered with thick cobwebs which looked pitiful. He must not been able to see amd seemed disoriented and ran and hid till i found him and cleaned them off. We like him a lot. His name is BooRoo, but we also call him BooHoo or BooBoo

Plinker

aim small, hit small

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like you and your new kitty are doing just fine. My wife and I thoroughly enjoy the company of Coco, a pretty little calico, and I suspect you guys will have fun with BooRoo.

Cats have a wide variety of personalities. Learning hers will be interesting.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice looking cat. Bet it would make into fine tamales.

Posts: 1289 | Location: San Angelo,Tx | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brice:
Looks like you and your new kitty are doing just fine. My wife and I thoroughly enjoy the company of Coco, a pretty little calico, and I suspect you guys will have fun with BooRoo.

Cats have a wide variety of personalities. Learning hers will be interesting.

Thank you Brice. Learning his personality is interesting. Actually, i never knew cats were so smart. However, my daughter deserves a lot of credit for training him so well.

I wouldn't mind seeing a picture of your Coco, either if have a chance to post one sometime.

Plinker

aim small, hit small

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carpetman:
Nice looking cat.

Oh, thanks a lot Carpetman. I feel like that's a very genuine compliment, coming from you. HA!

Plinker

aim small, hit small

posted Hide Post
quote:
However, my daughter deserves a lot of credit for training him so well.

As a fellow staff member, i.e. dogs have owners, cats have staff, please be advised that you've got the training object backwards.

/humor

What's really fun is watching the resident master train a new dog.

Posts: 34 | Location: NH | Registered: 27 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very cute cat!

NRA Life Member
testa virtus magna minimum

Posts: 345 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: 01 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll have my cat's people call your cat's people.
Brice

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote