Find
Notify
Tools

Chui goes duck hunting !
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted
If you havn't figured it out "Chui" is the name of my year old bengal.
This is her latest duck huntung foray.

Enjoy !

"Man is a predator or at least those of us that kill and eat our own meat are. The rest are scavengers, eating what others kill for them." Hugh Randall
DRSS, BASA
470 Krieghoff, 45-70 inserts, 12 ga paradox, 20 ga DR Simson/Schimmel, 12 ga DR O/U Famars, 12 ga DR SXS Greener

Posts: 813 | Location: USA / RSA | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Beautiful cat. Amazing markings!

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
Thanks
She does have amazing markings and coloration,
She is also a handful

"Man is a predator or at least those of us that kill and eat our own meat are. The rest are scavengers, eating what others kill for them." Hugh Randall
DRSS, BASA
470 Krieghoff, 45-70 inserts, 12 ga paradox, 20 ga DR Simson/Schimmel, 12 ga DR O/U Famars, 12 ga DR SXS Greener

One of Us
posted Hide Post
wow where did you get a cat with markings like that!!! I have never seen anything like it. I WANT ONE

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
From a breeder in FL
Imaginiquebengals.com
Not that I am plugging the breeder.
I saw a full grown cat at the DSC show 2 years ago, we had just lost our cat of 13 years.
I said the exact same thing, cool cat I want one of those, asked the person at the show and they gave me the breeders info.
The rest is as we say history.
Bengal breed is very rambunctious and when the want attention boy will they let you know.
So not advised if you are looking for a lazy breed.

Cheers

DRSS, BASA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
how long, and what weight? I always wanted a cat that could kick most dog's ass!

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Our cat is getting old (15 years) and I just found her replacement! What a cat!

http://www.tgsafari.co.za

"What doesn´t kill you makes you stranger!"

Posts: 2213 | Location: Finland | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Awesome cat, can you get it to do things?
How big do they get?
Do they eat house cats?

Like some Siamese, you can train them like dogs.
One huge Siamese my little sister had would retrieve pigeons and small rabbits, I trained him from a kitten.
I started with balls made of rabbit skin I'd shoot a bb pistol then chuck a ball and call him back when he grabbed the ball, he caught on fast.
But he'd get bored if you didn't shoot something real quick and bugger off to hunt alone.
I just had a Black tom move in, as we lost "Oscar" recently, this one is called O2 hes quite old and acts just like a small dog he must have been with dogs, he seriously hates them, if one on TV barks he goes nuts and searches the whole place for it. He will already fetch foil balls (when he can be bothered to play with me of course he is after all a cat) if he was young when I got him I think he would be well trainable.

"When doing battle, seek a quick victory."

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I always wanted a cat that could kick most dog's ass!

Rich
DRSS

Rich,

A live Caracal can do just that!! Smiler

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Somethings day is just a bought to end!

But could you keep one as a pet? If my cat "Tank" was 40lbs I couldn't keep her, she'll slash me up if I'm not careful the way I handle her, born wild and only half tamed.

"When doing battle, seek a quick victory."

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
Hello,

Sorry been busy with spring and all.

Chui will get to be the size of a normal domesticated cat, ~ 10 - 13 lbs.

She wears a harness, and will kind of walk on a leash, that is to say she will walk you where ever she wants to go.
She plays fetch, like a dog.
She plays chase, she will chase you and if you turn and chase her she runs away and visa versa.
She also plays hide and seek.

I don't know about her kicking a dogs ass, but she has a stubborn streak, and with all her claws and teeth she will get after you.
She has draw blood several times, and if you smack her she just gets really pissed, and comes right back at you.

Loves climbing and jumping and very rarely just sleeps, still a kitten though so maybe she will slow down.

Thanks for the comments.

Regards
Nitro450exp

DRSS, BASA

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
My wife and I saw the cat you were talking about at the DSC show that year.

We have a Siamese that will climb out the drivers side window of my F 250 pick up, and either ride on the hood or the top of the cab for a quarter of mile or more.

When I get ready to go someplace, I call him and he meets me at the front door and walks out to the pick up on his own and jumps in when I open the door.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
Hello

Chui has PRA and is now totally blind at age 3.
She gets around ok.

Nitro

DRSS, BASA

one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
I guess I must ask. What is PRA and how it causes blindness. Sorry to hear your beauty has difficulties. Is she still pretty active considering?

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nitro450exp:
Hello

Chui has PRA and is now totally blind ar age 3.
She gets around ok.

Nitro

Sorry to hear.

I have an 8 year old F3 bengal. They are unique cats for sure.

~Ann

Posts: 19128 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
Hello,

PRA is Progressive Retinal Atrophy.
It is a recessive genetic gene carried by all cats and dogs.
Usually the gene does not manifest and stays recessive.
In some cats and dogs it becomes dominant.
The blood vessels "dry up" and the retina and optic nerves quit working.

Yep, luckily she had 3 years to get the lay of the land, she does well inside the house as long as you don't move furniture around.

Nitro

DRSS, BASA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are you sure that Chui wasn't Photoshopped? Amazing and beautiful!

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Amazing cat! tu2