New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dumb question
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Not a pilot, but I notice all the instrument panels in airliners seem very high compared to the pilot's position and the windshield outlook seems very restricted. What am i missing ?

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
??????????

What does your qiuestion have to do with Cats??? Confused Confused

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Gin can be a terrible thing.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
The cat made him do it. Or the cat typed it. That's what you get for leaving the computer on to AR. The cat had his way with the computer..... Or just good Canadian whiskey?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine jump on the desk onto the keyboard + I assume to help with their secretariat skills as I can only assume that they take shortpaw.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most airliners are flown by pilots under IFR
rules (Not Cats) which are regulated by "flight
Plans" and the FAA. IFR rules require the
pilots to have clear visibility of all the
guages in plain sight. (not the litter box.) Pilots fly, cats ride.
The cats don't ride in the cockpit. Get a
cat for your home not your airplane (if you have one)

Cheers
Tetonka Old Pilot and Cat Lover
DRSS

Posts: 295 | Location: Willow City, Texas & Polebridge, Montana | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Toss the bottle for good and no one will get hurt.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Confused Eeker Roll Eyes rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And then things really got strange!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

That is all good and true, but just wait till cats evolve and have thumbs, humans will be screwed!!!! Lack of thumbs is the only thing keepingbthem from world domination!!! shocker animal animal

animal

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes Randle,I agree 100% to the lack of thumbs theory.HMMM,perhaps they want us to do their bidding.Lets see,with thumbs,they could do this themselves,but would have to learn the principle of operation of the can opener.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually Mama cat Zippy would come running if I opened the drawer that held the can opener (but only if I were going to open a can of cat food) any other time of using the can opener or drawer opening was just dross.How in the hell they know just amazes me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
quote:

That is all good and true, but just wait till cats evolve and have thumbs, humans will be screwed!!!! Lack of thumbs is the only thing keepingbthem from world domination!!! shocker animal animal

My Grand Daughter has a polydactyl cat and can pick things up.

animal

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have three cats that enjoy riding in the Pick Up with me on my daily rounds or going with me and Lora on trips.

The oldest one, somewhere around 16 or 17 years old is a Siamese named Martok, to me and Lora all cats are Klingons!

Anyway, does not matter the time of day or night or even if we have just got home from a trip, if Lora or I head for the back door he is there and ready to go.

The other two a 11 year old big black cat named Kayless, again another Klingon and Gulliver a 4 year old, big fluffy, long haired yellow tabby have to be set outside the back door but once out they head straight for the pick ups and when the doors are open they jump right in.

Both pick ups are set up with a litter pan and a water pan in the floor board between the front and back seats and we carry food and treats for them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hemingways brood still exists at his Havana home. Protected by the government so far,but who knows tomorrow?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Randall:

Have you ever tested the difference between plain old alley cats and siamese?

Late FIL showed me once. Clip a clothespin on an alley cats tail. They will flip the tail around and bite at it until it comes off.

Siamese cats will panic and run circles around the walls like the state fair motorcycle's do in the well.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5935 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think it all depends on the cat and how they were raised.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Did this OP ever sober up or is he still in the bottle???? Should 911 be called and they could pull him out?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Randle,I firmly believe that cats,like people, arrive here with a clean slate. It's what happens afterwards that shape their lives + attitudes.I have raised them from kittens,or orphan shelters + if you can get the latter early,you can make a difference.Some will never be alright + much as it shames,some will have to be put down, just like rouge humans.Going back to my opening sentence; we all arrive w/ a clean slate;those who change it by cruelty deserve a hot spot in Hell.