Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Easter Cat Lovers.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted
Happy Easter Y'all, cat lovers or not. Be Well. From the Packrattusnongratus Ranch. Packy

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
The cat kids brought in a lizard into the upper bathroom to play with on Easter Sunday.As the wife said,"That's one that will NOT rise again."

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There's no controlling the predator instinct in a cat. I don't think it would be a cat any longer. Sad. Packy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's why the Egyptians revered them as Gods.They took good care of the grain supply from the mice + rats.I have a rat infestation in my shop now but the exterminator must have been drunk to try to charge that kind of money.Anyway,I locked one of my cats in overnight.It looked like a war zone.Killing rats is cool;knocking over jugs of acid + chemicals is not.My blue healer bitch just can't wait to get in the door when I open up.She tears in + then does'nt get one. So the other day I found a nest in my filing cabinet (RIGHT!) I took the file,removed the papers,dumped the ratlings on the floor + called to Princess. Just a couple of 'GLOMPS' + the ratlings were gone + more importanely my Princess was not frustrated by non success;indeed,she now attacks the issue with renewed vitality.Dogs as we know are creatures of habit.That being said,they NEED to have some victory in their life.I think I made my point.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Glad you achieved some training success. Now it will be fun to see a working dog in action. Be Well. Packy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well she is a blue heeler + they are notorious for keeping those who don't belong off the property,but EVERY dog wants to kill a rat.The exterminator that came in quoted me $850.00 to spray + locked in at $250.00 a month.I might be out of touch on current prices but that sounds a bit rich to me.