THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CATS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Cats    Martoks trip to Colorado 2013.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Martoks trip to Colorado 2013.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted
Here are some pics of the boy on his trip to Colorado with Mom and me.
A hunter needs to be dressed properly for the climate and the regulations.

Seeing new country is also necessary.

Making sure of the destination is also important.

Inspecting the kill.

On the road home after a successful hunt.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
That is a great looking cat.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank You Sir. He is really a neat cat. He has made 4 or 5 trips with us to Colorado over the past 8 or 9 years. He makes my rounds with me daily, he walks out of the house and jumps up in the pick up almost the same way as a dog does.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the photos. My cats are special to me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
How did you come up with your cats name. I have never heard that before.

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1504 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lora and I are Star Trek fans.

I can remember when the original series came out in the 1960's, my Dad who was born in 1897 and my Mom who was born in 1916, watching those shows with me.

Lora and I believe cats are Klingon's, one of the alien races on Star Trek.

Martok, was a character on the Star Trek Next Generation series, he became Worf's father thru Klingon tradition.

Several of our cats are named after Star Trek characters.

We have actually had videos of Martok riding on the hood of a Polaris Ranger while driving thru the pasture on one of the places I work on, and we were running 20mph. at the time. He has his own FaceBook page and he and another cat, an orange striped tabby named Kern, another Star Trek character, wait at the back door ready to walk out on their own and jump in the pick up when I open the door.

All of our cats are rescues, and all of them have their own unique personality.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok now I understand, I thought I had heard the name but was not sure. My son is a big Star Wars fan so his pets are named after that bunch. As far as the cats being Klingons That may be true after giving it some thought.
We have two Siamese they are sisters we bought from a breeder and two Maine Coons they are shelter rescues. The Siamese I believe are the most intelligent of all the cat breeds. I know they learn very quickly and are highly trainable, Our Siamese go with us on trips from time to time so we bought them there own outfits. They are Natasha and Olivia.

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1504 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A lot of nice looking cats. We used to have Siamese, but with the allergies of some of our friends and Grandchildren, we changed to Devon Rex. Very pretty little devils. We have brothers at this time.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote