THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CATS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Cats    Do you own an indoor cat and a 22 pistol.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you own an indoor cat and a 22 pistol.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted
Q?

Does a 22LR fall through a litter scoop.

Posts: 6385 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A .22 doesn't fall through that one.

Posts: 94 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 08 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why do you care since you cannot reload it anyway?

Posts: 4200 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
we're trying to keep the dirt out of the range buckets

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Recovering lead for bullet casting means you have to sift to avoid carrying too much dirt home...

Policing brass cartridge cases requires the same technique

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If your sole adjenda is to police brass from the ground you might look in the Dillon catalog.They have an item that looks like one of those kids popcorn poppers,made of heavy screen that you just roll; on the ground + a bit of pressure forces the cases into the tumbler assembly.I think the link is bluepress.com.Best of luck.

Posts: 4200 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NavyVet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norman Conquest:
If your sole adjenda is to police brass from the ground you might look in the Dillon catalog.They have an item that looks like one of those kids popcorn poppers,made of heavy screen that you just roll; on the ground + a bit of pressure forces the cases into the tumbler assembly.I think the link is bluepress.com.Best of luck.

Norman, do those things come in different sizes that you know of?
My gun club uses them. The instructors keep the ground nice because we do a lot of rolling around on the ground and shooting from our bellies, sides, and knees. I shoot a .22 and it doesn't pick my brass up. Seems to work great with the larger calibers, though.

NRA life member, thanks to Steve. Smiler

Running on empty...

Posts: 250 | Location: God's Country | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Guys.

I saw that item in the Bluepress catalog. was wonder how good they worked for the $$$.

Rich

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know how well it works + am not an employee of Dillon but I will say that all of my presses + every other thing that I have purchased from them has been top of the line.They also offer a 3 level set of baskets that will "sort" "your brass by calibre.In the past I have gone out to the range + filled up buckets(to be sorted later). I'm sorry ,Back to this forum,I have a lovely pic of a mama cat + new kit that I want to post but don't know how.Can I email it to someone + then they can post it or can someone tell me how to do this? Thanks.

One of Us
Picture of NavyVet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norman Conquest:
I don't know how well it works + am not an employee of Dillon but I will say that all of my presses + every other thing that I have purchased from them has been top of the line.They also offer a 3 level set of baskets that will "sort" "your brass by calibre.In the past I have gone out to the range + filled up buckets(to be sorted later). I'm sorry ,Back to this forum,I have a lovely pic of a mama cat + new kit that I want to post but don't know how.Can I email it to someone + then they can post it or can someone tell me how to do this? Thanks.

If they have different sized baskets, its probable that my club is using larger ones. I'll post the pic for you if you want me to. You have to upload them to a site, like Photobucket. Then copy the link to that picture in your post here. If you don't have an account on Photobucket, you can make one easily for free. If you don't want to go through all that, i'll send you my email.

NRA life member, thanks to Steve. Smiler

Running on empty...

Posts: 250 | Location: God's Country | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Navy Vet,P.M. sent.