Find
Notify
Tools

New kitten
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
Well.I now have another to add to my 3 current residence occupiers. Granddaughter just got a new apt. w/a gal who is allergic to cats (if that is even possible). So Grandpa,once again saves the day (+ cat).One of these days I will have to learn to say no.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Can a grandpa ever say no to a granddaughter?
I never could.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep,+ my current better half(not the grandmother) who was the major cat lover to begin with (even more than me) said how long do we need to keep it(it, can you believe it,IT?);you said one year? It took less than a week + guess who is all in love with the baby + fretting that a year is too soon to let her go.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Babycakes is now ruling the roost + keeping her elders in line.What a sweetheart!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well now there is Terror in the Larder by one small kitten + it looks like "HELL TO PAY!"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
she's yours now whether you like it or not.

Posts: 10003 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
Kittens are fun to watch for the mayhem they cause in the home. Good luck with your new family member.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We do love our cats but sometimes I wish they could stay kittens;but then I've said the same thing about my children in the past.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Randy, rember they are only kittens and the entertainment factor more then makes up for any kitty social faux pas. Thanks again for all your help bore sighting my new rifles. Jerry

Posts: 372 | Location: Round Rock,TX | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any time Amigo. Your comment brought back memories from 40+ years ago when I was living in an old ranch house just off the S.U. campus grounds when I was there. At one point in that old ranch house I had an overnight flea infestation.They literally drained that kitten + when I took her to the vet (remember college kids don't have any money to speak of) the vet says ,"So what,it's only a cat." I shit you not. I'm sad to say that in my naivete + youth I left the kitten in the care of his gentle ministrations + of course died.Never used him again.

one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
Norman You have a PM from me. Please check your box.

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Wish I could get some pictures posted of one of my running buddies.

His name is Gulliver and he is right at 3 years old.

He was dumped off at our house as a small kitten and was so badly covered in fleas that when Lora gave him his first bath, the water turned pink.

Some folks simply just do not understand cats and are afraid of them.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I HAD a friend that hated cats;would go out of his way to kill them. Old man + his claim to the hatred was that growing up during the depression his aunt next door had food for her cats but not enough to share with his family.Total B.S IMO,tell daddy don't have so many kids,etc. but his phobia only increased over the years. He was a plumber + when he made house calls if there was a cat there he would kill it.This has been a long time ago but how can one forget that behavior?!

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Thread demands photos!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16367 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
Thread demands photos!

Bill, The fellow mentioned above about allergies. We have a couple family members that have allergies. Now we have Devon Rex kitties. Was told they didn't have dander or whatever. We have had no problems since.
Our first was Buddy J

Buddy J died of a heart attack.
We decided to get 2 brothers. The red calico is Buddy Robert and the grey is Ashes. My Great Grand Daughter named them.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the pics. The other half was almost in tears looking at your babies + making comment.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Cute little toots, Butch. I did not know that Devon Rexes had a reputation for being danderless. They have quite the ears!

Cool

– John Green, author

Posts: 16367 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cute little toots, Butch. I did not know that Devon Rexes had a reputation for being danderless. They have quite the ears!

Cool

Yeah, big ears, very short kinky hair, and really bother you for a rub.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
And they share the universal kitty addiction for folded clothes fresh out of the dryer ...

– John Green, author

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
And they share the universal kitty addiction for folded clothes fresh out of the dryer ...

Wife just sent pics of the big brother in the dryer sleeping.
About 45 years ago we had a top load dryer in the garage. Wife turned it on and stepped into the house. Fortunately she was only fluffing the clothes and checked on it in a few minutes. She said, wow, load must be out of balance. No, it was our Siamese. He was dizzy and bleeding, but after staggering around for a minute, he was good to go.