THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CATS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Cats    Maine Coon Cat Kitten Scam
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Maine Coon Cat Kitten Scam
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of stubbleduck47
posted
Three weeks ago we lost our 16 year old Maine Coon Cat to cardiomyopathy. Having decided to get another Maine Coon kitten I looked at breeders on the internet. One called "Bigfoot Coons" (Bigfootcoons.com) claimed to have kittens available, pictures and all. As soon as I contacted them via email their whole mantra was send us money via moneygram or "Walmart2Walmart" which it turns out is a system for essentially untraceable money transfer from one Walmart store to another. Anyhow as it became obvious this was a scam I started screwing with them, asking all sorts of questions about how the kitten would be delivered (They said I couldn't pick it up although they claimed to be in Duluth MN and I live in the Minneapolis area). After probably 25 emails back and forth I finally just told them they were obviously a scam and quit that name. I started up again using another email address and played them again for a fair number of emails. I have also reported them to assorted scam sites. Now my request...if you have a few moments go to their website bigfootcoons.com and play the game. Express an interest in a kitten and play out the delivery questions, payment questions, and anything else you can think of. Perhaps if enough folks badger their website they will give it up. Probably a long shot but it doesn't take much time to play the game and it can be amusing to see how many cute questions one can come up with.

Posts: 911 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Scammers should be shut down anyway.Perhaps taken out back + shot is a bit severe,but it is still theft of the worth kind;screwing people due to their sentimentality.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We've had a few people here, scammed by being sold "hairless" cats for big bucks. Smiler

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
Looking for a Maine Coon cat myself. Just had to put my Manx down myself a week ago Tuesday.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You don't indicate where you are but here in AZ if you google Maine Coon rescue you might find something. We got a couple of really great rescue kittens that way.
Maine Coons are like potato chips ya can't have just one dancing
Abby is not full Maine Coon but she is mixed she weights 15.5 pounds her sister is 14+

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1497 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Been to AZ but am in another state right now. Thanks for the advice. Packy

One of Us
Picture of stubbleduck47
posted Hide Post
Try Yeti Coons (Yeticoons.com) and / or Maine Flashes (Maineflashes.com). We have one kitten from each, great cats and good breeders to work with. Both raise their kittens "Underfoot" and they, the kittens, come well socialized and healthy. I believe both breeders have or soon will have kittens available. PM for additional information and photos.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I hope the crooks have been outed in the Coon cat breeder world. Still lookin here in the state of Misery. Just biding my time. I'll snag a new friend one of these days.

One of Us
Picture of stubbleduck47
posted Hide Post
Our kitten from "Yeti Coons" just turned 6 months old and weighs in at 11.5 pounds. It's interesting to have what looks like a full size adult cat that acts like, because he still is, a 6 month old kitten. Our kitten from "Maine Flashes" is 4 months old and 7.5 pounds. He still looks like a kitten as well as acting like one.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The interesting thing about Maine Coon is they really don't start to mature until they are 3-4 years old. Ours are just now turning 3 and have started to calm down from the kitten stage. Altho they are still a joy to have around. one is 15+ and little sister is 12+.

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1497 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stubble + rolland,my lady (an even bigger than me cat person) would love it if you would post a few pics of your kittens.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of stubbleduck47
posted Hide Post
I'd be glad to post photos however I'm not sure how to go about doing so on this website.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
P.M. sent

One of Us
Picture of stubbleduck47
posted Hide Post
NQ...I sent photos...did they arrive?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No they did not.Try again please. Best,Randy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
On the other hand,might be a bad idea. My Lady here loves them + since she/we already have 3 that might be a bit much. I used to laugh at the crazy cat women.