Find
Notify
Tools

Any new cats?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted
I had the opportunity to talk with a gal whose parents used to raise Maine Coon cats for sale. It was a hobby and not a cattery as such. Her Dad was a medical doctor and it was for fun. I felt let down to have missed their cats as the cat parents had gone over the rainbow bridge. Any one get a new cat? I'll live vicariously through others until I get one. We were thinking of a cross between a large Maine Coon and a Manx. I guess we'll see who decides to adopt us. Be Well. Packy

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
My Lady would love to have a Maine Coon but as we already have 3 cats that is pushing it. Maybe when one dies we can entertain that option.My daughter in law has a bumper sticker that says,"Just one cat away from being a crazy cat lady."

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Packy
To answer your question on new cats,."yes" Lady here had an ad for three free kittens 7 weeks old. Since we have a few a$$holes that feed them to their snakes and dogs we picked them up. Will find good homes for them. That puts us a 8 right now.

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1497 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are these Maine Coons?

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No they are what I call salvage/rescue cats, they were not planned apparently. I have an appointment with a no-kill shelter here to place them. If they were Maine Coon I would now have eight. Two of ours are Coonies
With our last hunt with Randal we were comparing cats he said he had 16 on the place so he won But the three that rode with him every day were nice cats.

NRA life member
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1497 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are you familiar with the catch,neuter,release program that is evident by the cats ear being slightly cropped?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am but these guys are only 7 weeks old too young to do that yet,

NRA life member
NRA Golden Eagles member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah the earliest age to leave the nest is 8 weeks. My vet gets really pissed when he sees these young kits coming from the animal control already been fixed at a way too young age.And we are just into the kitten season.