New
Find
Notify
Tools

My new unnamed kitty
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Our other kitty died of congestive heart failure. He is really being missed. After a lot of looking we have found a silver tabby Devon Rex male. He is 6 weeks old and we will pick him up Thanksgiving.

He will have big shoes to fill. We still haven't picked out a name.
Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mary Hilliard-Krueger
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about you losing your older cat to CHF. This new little Rex is a handsome little guy. With ears like that maybe "Spock" would be a good name. Wink Nothing like a new kitty in the house. I'll bet November just won't come soon enough. Smiler

Taxidermist/Rugmaker

Posts: 904 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 12 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Does look like an Alien.
Looks like a thinker, too.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Our deceased red tabby Rex was strictly an in house cat. One of the Grandkids left the door open and he was gone. We live in the country and worried ourselves crazy as we have a den of fox behind the house, coyotes, we sighted a long tail cat on our rear deck, and a lot of hawks. We finally found him 6 weeks later in front of the house. By the way, he was declawed when we got him. We called the Vet. and he said if he is a little thin and looks otherwise healthy, give him a good meal and a bath and then whip his ASS. We did all of it but the ass kicking.
Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear of your older cat's passing. I'm sure a new kitten will help liven things up around the house, ours sure has.

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How about Benjamin Franklin Lambert? We could just call him Ben for short, and BENJAMIN FRANKLIN LAMBERT!!! when he gets his ass in a jam.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
He looks like a Cyril.

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
FYI: Murphy, Punkin, Scooter & Tiger are taken.

Phil

NRA Life Member since 1976
philny1@zoominternet.net
877 485-6270
Visa/MC accepted , plus 3%
We have to save the Earth, only planet with beer!!

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history
when everybody stands around reloading".
Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 665 | Location: Western NY- Steuben County | Registered: 02 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good names Phil.
Butch

One of Us
Picture of Mary Hilliard-Krueger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philny1:
FYI: Murphy, Punkin, Scooter & Tiger are taken.

Phil

...and so are: Sauron, Groban and Mr. Persnikitty! Wink

Taxidermist/Rugmaker

Posts: 904 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 12 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a weak moment and sent a deposit for his red tabby brother.
Butch

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice to keep the brothers together.
now you'll need 2 names!

"When doing battle, seek a quick victory."

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Orange tabby--PumpKin or Rusty. Have to think on a name for the silver one. Although Casey would go well with Rusty.

Phil

NRA Life Member since 1976
philny1@zoominternet.net
877 485-6270
Visa/MC accepted , plus 3%
We have to save the Earth, only planet with beer!!

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history
when everybody stands around reloading".
Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 665 | Location: Western NY- Steuben County | Registered: 02 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CamoManJ
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear of your loss. I dread the day my favorite cat goes & I've already started looking for his apprentice. That way it could learn some the older cat's famous antics & domination.

I do engraving work for a pet crematory & they informed me of a new product/service: Shotgun shells loaded w/ your pet's ashes. I thought that was strange, but they sell well especially w/ the waterfowling crowd & their dogs.

"A Lone Hunter is the Best Hunter..."

Posts: 426 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 25 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a guy cat named Sam Snead and wouldn't trade him for anything and he's laying at my feet right now It's fun (the neighbors die laughing) to hit a little wedge shot in the side yard and watch him punce on it. We also have our own "communicationsystem".

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have always had cats and some dogs. At this stage of our life we can leave 3 or 4 days at a time and the cats can take care of themselves. Just leave food, water, and a clean litter box. Can't do that with a dog. We believe a dog needs some outside time, but I don't want them chasing the deer and fox. We have chosen not to have them anymore. I am anxious to have the brothers together as we have never had but 1 at a time.
Sam Snead sounds like a real fun buddy.
Butch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is a photo of the 2 boys with their sister on the left. We will be able to get them the 20th of November.

Butch

one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
The gray one reminds me of an "Elvis," don't know why, but I'll throw that out there.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch,
You are going to have a really neat pair of cats! They are sooo cute.
Tom

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They look like Gin and Tonic--
Cute lil rascals.
They are gonna LOOOOOOVE theur first look at Christmas decorations. dancing

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The grey one looks like "Sam".

Glenn

Posts: 200 | Location: Calgary- Alberta- Canada | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I never name the master until he's been home for a bit. After all, how can you know their mentality?

We run paired animals, cats and dogs.

Our newest is Brat, a year old, four pound ball of fur who is our indoor assault kitten, in charge of killing bugs against the sliders, but who can be found almost anywhere, assuming that she's not in high speed mode, when you'll only hear her bell. The first cat I've had who has zero interest in going out.

Anyway, I tend to name by their character. Doesn't really matter, since they'll ignore you anyway,,,

Posts: 34 | Location: NH | Registered: 27 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My 2 year old Great Granddaughter named them both. Little Buddy and Ashes. They have been a real pleasure.
Butch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
He has that "Touch my tail again and I will fook you up" look...

I've always been partial to cats with what most other call an unacceptable disposition...

The "I will sit on you when I want to, your opinion is irrelevant... I have claws, you don't." attitude.

AD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote