New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another damn cat
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This one showed up at my neighbors house a couple of months ago. I thought it might belong to one of my momma cats but they wouldn't have anything to do with it. It must have hitched a ride from town. Anyway, we ended up with her. She is an inside/outside kitten; she stays in a while and then goes out. She sleeps in the garage with the other outside cats and will run over you when I let her in the mornings. Now have to get her fixed and shots. She does love the computer; have to turn it off when she gets on the desk.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
She's just trying to help with your typing.Odds are she knows shortpaw.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
She sure knows how to work the keyboard and she loves whatever is moving on the screen

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can relate. I have had more than one letter deleted by the same process.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And never let us forget how much "help" we get while trying to prepare supper on the island.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
She is a cutie She looks like a couple of rescues we picked up a few years ago they about 6 months old but look like yours now.

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1502 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
Take care of her. She looks like one that I lost a few years ago. A tortoise shell long hair with gray tiger stripes. She was sterile so never had to worry about babies. You must know when you have been had by a cat. Just be happy to be the pet of a cat. Realize who the real boss is. Packy

one of us
posted Hide Post
How is the new cat after the last month? Is she running the household, the finances yet? Packy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It does not take them any time to comendere that position.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We guessed wrong again. Turns out she is a he; got him fixed last week. He loves the computer and will chase the arrow on the screen. Our other male loves to play with him but the two females don't like him. He is an inside/outside cat but comes in the house at night. The neighbors down the road have seen a bobcat and we are missing several cats so a hunting trip is in order.
I'm going to buy stock in cat food and litter. that's were the money is.

one of us
posted Hide Post
So you're going to have his fun cut off? Packy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I remember taking one of my young males to the vet several years ago for shots + the subject came up about if I wanted to get him fixed. The vet (a friend of mine) just grinned + said, "No,not yet.Let him go out + spread the joy."

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Being fixed didn't bother him a bit. Let him out of the carrier and he took off running and playing. I would have had to lay in the bed for a week.

one of us
posted Hide Post
X2 On not playing after that surgery. Packy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know that when I had my vasectomy years ago I had heard all the horror stories so I scheduled for a Friday morning appt. + had a stack of books at home because other than using the bathroom ,I was NOT getting up.Weekend to recuperate,right! On monday night I took my youngest son to cub scouts for his indoctronation into the pack. Well,Dad has to get up on stage + lift him up by his ankles. as a sign of rite of passage.(bear in mind after the surgery,you WILL NOT pick up any heavy item.So here I am on the stage in front of everyone + I have to tell the scout leader that I can't do it,but since everyone in the audience is right there I can't tell him why.He just looked at me with disgust + said that he'd do it himself.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Never in my life have I heard of holding your son up by the ankles at that ceremony. Must be a regional thing. Nothing wrong with it but your situation. Anyone with a back or neck problem could be in the same boat. Guess some thought it was a manly man thing. I'm glad you didn't try. Had the surgery many years ago. I sympathize. I can't imagine the cat going right out and playing afterwards. Not even a couple of days. Packy

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
A buddy of mine married well above his paygrade and age.

He got cut, and the next morning his wife decided it was time to see if he was up to the marital task.

Told me he was black and blue from his knees to his belly button.

He was in bed for a week.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep,an old man that I worked for in 1970 told me a story about his.This was in the 50's (when doctors still made house calls.)He ignored the Dr's advice to NO HOME WORK.His nuts swelled up to the size of mellons. Liz called the Dr. to come at once + for some odd reason Joe wanted his dentures in when the Dr. got there.Well the night before she had put his dentures in a cup with DW soap. She was so in a frenzy that she forgot to rinse them off before Joe put them in his mouth.So when the Dr. arrived,here was this guy rolling in pain + frothing at the mouth.