New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cats and windows
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My wife is scared to death of many things, including the possibility our year-old Calico will fall out of a second story window. Lilly (cat, not wife) seems to be of normal intelligence. Have you ever seen this happen?

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Many years ago. Cat landed on a sidewalk and wasn't hurt.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My nephew pushed his mothers cat out of the window twice. The cat would lay on their open window on their 2nd story apartment, The cat landed on his feet the first time and was not hurt. The second time it landed on his head and didn't make it.

Posts: 557 | Location: Michigan, US | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
they are making more of them everyday.
leave the cat alone, it'll fall or it won't.

Posts: 4964 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
It does happen. I am more concerned about them getting out of the 2nd story window,climbing down a tree + getting eaten by the coyotes;I have lost several that way,but I am out in the country.I did have a calico that fell off the balcony a few years back but (fortunately) fell into my Salvia flower bed;no harm done.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote