New
Find
Notify
Tools

SMART CATS
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
One of my cats figured out that when she wants to go out at night and I am sleeping to jump up on the bed & meow in my ear till I wake up.
She's done it 4X. Smiler

Cats have nine lives. Which makes them ideal for experimentation...

Posts: 947 | Location: NYB | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Cats are a lot smarter than most people believe.

The big deal is, most people have grown up believing that cats can't be trained and aren't intelligent, but they are, they just normally are not worked with in the way dogs are.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cats can be very intelligent, we have two Siamese that are way too smart for there own good.

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1502 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I had one once that when she wanted to go out she would leap up + hang by the doorknob. She had that association down.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All three of mine jump up on the window sill when the want to go out or come in. I'm in a cabin with wood stove. Less heat is lost when just the window is open. I trained them to do that by tapping window.
In summer or when it's warm they scratch @ door.

PS. I also trained them & the 2 dogs to be friends along with a feral domesticated rabbit.
I'll try to get a pic with all of them together.

Kinda like Rodney King wished for "Can't we all just get along".

Cats have nine lives. Which makes them ideal for experimentation...

Posts: 947 | Location: NYB | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Kinda reminds me of one of Ben Franklin's words of wisdom. " If a cat lands on a hot stove,it will never land on a hot stove again,or a cold one." I keep that in mind constantly as a reminder about relationships both personal + business.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post

Caption that goes with this pic:
Had to unplug the touch lamp to prevent this adorable bastard from turning it on whenever he was hungry at night.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7760 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
Mine doesn't turn on the light. She just runs over me then curls up on me and gives me a look. Like "What are YOU lookin at?" Somtimes it works. But she has gotten a flying lesson or two.