THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CATS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Cats    I guess it was too good to last....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I guess it was too good to last....
 Login/Join

Picture of Mark
posted
Deer season started here on Friday, so I made all my preparations and got out there around sunrise. I was hunting from the ground this year, and I just set up one of those collapsible fabric recliner chairs at the base of a large tree and was plopping in that when to my surprise one of our cats (outside cats) appeared and crawled into my lap. I figured her ears were better than mine so we spent the entire morning together. Besides I do not like to wear a glove on my right hand and it kept my hand warm! Saw a few deer the first day (12) and 2 were reasonable ones but they were both a bit too far away. Anyway, it was pretty funny as several of the deer got to around 15 yards and when I was still she was stone still too, didn't even twitch her tail like she does when she is hunting mice. Anyway, she even walked back with me.

Now today was a bit different, she followed me up and spent a while sleeping and then I went and shot a 13 pointer, and I didn't see where she went after that! Took her an hour to show up back at the house and boy was she grouchy! She still won't let me get within 10 feet of her....

Hopefully she'll have a change of heart after deer season, as there were quite a few squirrels and she'd watch them closely so I will see if I can talk her into following me when I have a pellet rifle and I can at least shoot her a snack without giving her another heart attack.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
We take the Siamese cat to the stand with us from time to time and he does not mind the shooting but we have been working with him for a while now.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote