New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kinky Friedman
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have been reading some of his books and he is one messed up individual. But he did love his cat. Here is one sentence from his book: "They say when you die and go to heaven, all the dogs and cats you've ever had in your life will come running to greet you". I like to think that is true.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like both dogs and cats but I think the dogs will come running; the cat will sit and snear and say, "you're late filling my food bowl." Smiler

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
he is one messed up individual.

Yep.

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Only peripherally related, but I can highly recommend "The Art of Racing in the Rain" by Garth Stein. A fun read that should bring tears to your eyes.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
What do you expect from someone who is a good friend of Howard Stern?????

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13096 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He used to be on Don Imus's morning show at times. His band's name was Kinky Friedman and the Texas Jew-Boys :-)

Posts: 20072 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He's the only Jew in Texas that doesn't own any real estate.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
CATS DON'T HAVE OWNERS, THEY ONLY HAVE WAIT STAFF

TETONKA
DRSS

Posts: 295 | Location: Willow City, Texas & Polebridge, Montana | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
CATS DON'T HAVE OWNERS, THEY ONLY HAVE WAIT STAFF

Words of wisdom from someone with actual experience.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kinky is a Texas icon. Not only has he ran for governor under the slogans "why not?" And "he can't do any worse" he also penned the great song "Proud to be an asshole from El Paso"

A cigar smoking, Jewish, gun shooting, whiskey drinking, Stetson wearing guy in a bolo tie brings a lot of good things to the table.

Posts: 111 | Location: Llano Estacado | Registered: 12 January 2016Reply With Quote