New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whatever happened to the HK416?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
It sounded so promising. But HK is not offering it to the civilian market, and it seems the Pentagon lost interest. ???

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
Thre Norwegian Armed Forces adopted it, first 1000 rifles + to the Army and Airforce, Navy elite forces and special forces . And then the National Guard IRF and Special forces will have the rifles, also the HK 417 has been adopted as a DSM rifle .

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
I would have thought that had they offered it in a civilian (semi-auto) version it would have done very well. Wonder what the reason is they didn't? Certainly HK can come up with the production capacity.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I thought they were going to offer a civilian version ? Best check is www.hkpro.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Before the S.H.O.T. show there were rumors that they were going to announce a civilian version. Then they didn't. Now there are more rumors of a civilian version in the relatively close future.

There might be something political like military brass not wanting to adopt a "civilian design", but conversely it would be ok for HK to sell civilians a "military design".

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Turkey adopts the HK 416 to replace its aging G3.

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Then they are more advanced than the U.S. Army! (at least in terms of an infantry rifle)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's not the infantry rifle the U.S. is unhappy with, it's the M4 carbine as it can't handle the long range shots, not enough bullet energy left for one.

It looks pretty much like the FN-SCAR is going to take it's place.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I heard the FN SCAR did not do too hot in a dust-reliability test. Out of 7000 rounds fired, 850 jams in the M4 and 650 jams in the FN SCAR.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
0 for the FA MAS. Cool

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Also 0 for the AK47, and 400 for the M14.

One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
From the HKPRO website...

3.14.2008: HK DEBUTS CIVILIAN 416 AT IWA, THE MR223! AS NEWS BROKE HERE LAST YEAR OF THE CIVILIAN LEGAL RIFLES FOR GERMAN CONSUMPTION, THE MR223 IS DISPLAYED WITH A FACT SHEET THAT SAYS THE GUN WILL ACCEPT STANDARD CAPACITY MAGAZINES. THE FOUNDATION IS BEING LAID FOR CIVILIAN LEGAL 416'S IN THE UNITED STATES, AND SEEMS TO BE PROGRESSING NICELY.

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
500grains,

Can you reveal your source for the testing you reported in your previous posts? thanks

Joe

One of Us
posted Hide Post
SM, a fellow in the LEO community who was in the loop on the test results and repeated them to me. If I had a link, I would post it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks 500...as anymore becomes available please do post it.

Joe

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I actually have a source for them, civilian model, anyone interested in purchase pm me.

Perry

Posts: 2246 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by perry:
I actually have a source for them, civilian model, anyone interested in purchase pm me.

Perry

Perry, I pm'ed you for your source.