Find
Notify
Tools

Another oddball I found
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of The Metalsmith
posted
Alright I'll admit to being fairly new in the whole Krag Jorgensen scene. Read a little in a few books and that's about it. I just put my money down on one and just waiting for the California's 10 day period to be up. Pain the ass I must say.
Now it's a nice one, although someone did some work to it that I really wish they hadn't unless it's a unusual military addition. The stock has a inset/glued on pistol grip addition instead of the straight grip as usual. Kinda struck me as odd. I'm not exactly sure what model it is though, as the thing is lacking cartouches in the stock as well as any markings, serial or model, throughout the whole rifle. The only notable things on it is that it has a solid front band, is the carbine model, and the rear ladder sight is calibrated out to 1800. It has a steel buttplate with one trapdoor. I'm not at all sure what model it is, I'll post some pictures when I do have it in my hands.
If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated as far as any clues what it is, and I apologize for the lack of details and my experience! Thanks!

"Molotov Cocktails don't leave fingerprints"
-Dr. Ski

Posts: 579 | Location: Astoria, Oregon | Registered: 24 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Metalsmith
posted Hide Post
Alright well I picked up the rifle last night, pictures are to follow. But after looking it over and seeing some pictures, I'm convinced it's a 1894 that's been sporterized. Still confused as to why it doesn't have a serial number though. It's in great condition actually as you'll see when I post the pics.

"Molotov Cocktails don't leave fingerprints"
-Dr. Ski

Posts: 579 | Location: Astoria, Oregon | Registered: 24 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
popcorn

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote