Find
Notify
Tools

Polish P-64s
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
These little handguns from the Radom factory are fun to play with. Swap out a couple of springs with Wolff replacements and they become more user friendly. More compact than a Makarov, but in the same caliber -- a 95-grain .365 bullet at 1,000 -- giving a leg up over the .380. Folks used to the Walther PPK will this one very familiar in function and takedown.
I think they are a pretty decent buy at $200 shipped, if you have a C&R license, and there is a forum dedicated to them -- "The Unofficial P-64 Resource."

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16299 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
I had one for a time. Nice little pistol. Shot well, but ammo was a special order proposition and being steel framed, a bit heavier than what I wanted for a carry gun.

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
They are nice pistols; who has the best ones right now?

Posts: 17044 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My first inclination after seeing two YouTube videos was "I may want a P-64,"
Thn I went to the P-64 Forum to read what people were saying.
After reading lots of P-64 Forum posts, I decided it has too much potential for problems. Maybe if a person was to get to hand select one out of several, you might get one that is excellent. Buying one of these sight unseen just doesn't seem like what I would want to do.

Bob Nisbet
DRSS & 348 Lever Winchester Lover
Temporarily Displaced Texan
If there's no food on your plate when dinner is done, you didn't get enough to eat.

Posts: 830 | Location: Texas and Alabama | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My buddy and I both got ones that looked virtually unfired. Changed the springs and they are great performers.

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division.

Posts: 1034 | Location: Oklahoma y'all | Registered: 01 April 2003Reply With Quote