Find
Notify
Tools

Memories
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
Looking at that 98 in the top pic. reminds me of when I had my FFL when Reagen was in + the USSR had just folded up their tents. I was getting crates of these 98's in cosmoline W/bayonet + leather (brand new) for $150.00 ea.Lugers were going for $300.00.I bought + sold + did O.K. Try to find any of these today.I know that time moves on but I still get pissed when someone wants to sell a junk 98 action for $400.00.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
I remember a friend (FFL holder) showing me a box containing 25 98 actions (perfect and pristine) that he had just received.

12 bucks each.

BUT that was then!!!

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
That's my Dutch Juliana on top.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Or used SKS's for 60 bucks and 1200 round crates of 7x62x39 for another 60 bucks.

For 120.00 one could have a good fighting rifle and a good bit of ammo.

Lots of them went out the door.

Just before the bush ban on importation a friend in the business.

Had a buddy sale on AK's buy two get a case of ammo free. I he sold some where north of 200 rifles in less then a month.

He was on the nightly news for a week.

In real dollars a lot of firearms were becoming cheaper than before then Obama happen.

Prices are dropping again, If we could get some pro firearm laws passed one would see prices drop more.

Easier machining and other techniques make them cheaper and faster to make.

Posts: 19359 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I was young and Johnson was in the white house, a gunsmith/ffl told me of buying, years earlier, crates of Remington Rolling blocks, Mexican 7x57 for about $12 each... I never did that well but got in on some surplus Mausers. Another ffl/gunsmith told me of pulling stocks and barrels, 7mm and 8mm, and putting them in the trash... oh welllllll Happy Trails.