New
Find
Notify
Tools

M1 cartridge belt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I got as part of a trade for some guns a WW II era cartridge belt, green web belt with 10 canvas pouches. 8 of the pouches have the en bloc clip loaded with black tipped ammo headstamped LC 42, one other pouch has the en bloc clip loaded with ammo headstamped SL 56. It seems to me to be in pretty good shape, the pouches all snap closed and it is not too worn.
Is this worth anything? I plan on putting it on the classifieds if it is worth anything (to trade for bullets).

Thanks for any input.
Karl

Karl Evans

Posts: 2743 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As much as you can get for it.

Posts: 19354 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
I got as part of a trade for some guns a WW II era cartridge belt, green web belt with 10 canvas pouches. 8 of the pouches have the en bloc clip loaded with black tipped ammo headstamped LC 42, one other pouch has the en bloc clip loaded with ammo headstamped SL 56. It seems to me to be in pretty good shape, the pouches all snap closed and it is not too worn.
Is this worth anything? I plan on putting it on the classifieds if it is worth anything (to trade for bullets).

Thanks for any input.
Karl

Not exactly what I was looking for but thanks for taking the time to reply.

Karl

Karl Evans

Posts: 2743 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Check out www.simpsonsltd.com Go to US militaria then web gear.

They have a number of belts for you to compare.

Might help.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RCG:
Check out www.simpsonsltd.com Go to US militaria then web gear.

They have a number of belts for you to compare.

Might help.

Thank you, very helpful.

Karl

Karl Evans

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The new Chinese made ones are $20.00 or so. If yours is in very good condition it should certainly be worth more than those.

Dutch