New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bergmann MP18.1
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome to our new member, Liflander. He runs a Military Museum at the Military College in Tartu, Estonia, and he has interesting informations related to the Tallin Arsenal SMG.

http://www.ksk.edu.ee/est/muuseum/kogud/relvad/pystolkuulipild

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TrapperP:
Edmond, where in the world do you come up with these things????
It would be worth the trip to fly into CDG and come see your toys!

Wink

if you want to see the best and unique piece, that's the time.
The MP 18.1 is the only one left and I hope for not long now.

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Big up cause I get requests for these topics and threads were buried deep.

Enjoy!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Good info and good pictures. Thanks.

My favorite of these gen 1 submachine guns is the Sterling, especially the suppressed one with the scope mount.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In my top 3. Wink

one of us
posted Hide Post
Edmond
What are your other 2 favorites.

I would have to say mine are the Thompson in 45 ACP, and the H&K.

I have a lot of shooting experience with the MP5 in 9mm, but I would like to give the H&K 10mm with full power ammo a try.

I will say, that while not a "True" submachine gun, I also really like a H&K 53 or a Colt M16 "Commando".

My favorite 2 work entry guns were a H&K 33k, and a Colt Commando.
I am a BIG H&K fan, both of the 5.56, and the 7.62, roller locked rifles, but I will say that the Colt Commando was the handiest of them all.

Also the Colt would easially make head shots at 100 yards and chest shots at 300 yards.
With Winchester 55 gr Ballsitic Silvertips it was very effective as well.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
H&K MP5 and Colt SMG 635 then MAT 49 and UZI followed by a few others.

I ran so much ammo through MP 5 and became so proficient with it that people did not believe their eyes and the timer.

I was always having fun shooting an IPSC course using one. Fixed stock, three points sling, single fire and iron sights. (KISS principle)

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
11 November, a now peaceful witness of the Great War

One of Us
posted Hide Post

quote:
Originally posted by enfieldspares:
Thanks for the MP-18 post Edmond.

You know that musy have been quite terrifying to have been on the receiving end of that...or MORE SO even to hear it coming, nearer and nearer, but unseen, up the trench towards you for the Brit and Aussie soldiers that first encountered it in 1918.

It is only such videos of the thing working that show how the morale impact of it would have been.

add it the flamethrowers..
The way Germany took the best soldiers under 35 from all the units in France, trained them for a few months starting November 1917 for Operation Michael that began March 1918 explained the reasons the Stosstruppen broke the front and pushed the British back 50 km within a few days.

Enjoy! https://www.facebook.com/edmon...0000765626498&type=3

One of the members of the Stosstruppen who breached the French and Bristish trench lines during Operation Michael in March 1918.

March 1918. Picardy, France.
Pushed out of their trenches by the massive German offensive during Operation Michael, French and British troops established a defense line on flat terrain to stop the enemy on the way to Amiens.

German reserves near Albert, Picardy, walking towards Amiens after the Stosstruppen breached the French and British trench lines forcing the Allied to retreat.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Semiautomatic replica of MP18.1 made in Ukraine by the company "Automatic" , shown during IWA 2018 in Nuremberg.
Photo Franco Palamero

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
quote:
When doing some research, I discovered that Mr Heinrich Vollmer had helped set up a factory in China where SMGs were made based on the Bergmann MP18.1 Heinrich Vollmer started a company in 1909 to produce cutting machines then later milling machines.
He became later one of the most prolific firearms designer and the major german SMG manufacturer between 1928 and 1945.

Vollmer's company still exists today and is back to its original activity with subsidiaries in France, China and United States.

Schmeisser's life is well documented except the period he was deported to Soviet Union with many other german firearms designers who were captive until 1953 in Izhevsk where they worked under Kalashnikov's supervision.

Bergmann's company still exist today and is a major actor in plastic industry.

Schmeisser's life after World War Two and his work in USSR where he fathered the Kalashnikov is surfacing slowly.

https://www.facebook.com/DCB.HUET/

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A peculiar Bergmann MP18.1 of the version using the straight magazine, hence the "System Schmeisser" marking since Schmeisser patented under his name the double column single feed straight magazine while he worked for Theodor Bergmann, CG Haenel being indicated as the manufacturer.
This weapon shows the safety installed on all submachineguns used by the german police in the 30s, a device locking the bolt in the forward position.

https://scontent.fiev22-1.fna....bf2e7f5b&oe=5D860A66

https://scontent.fiev22-1.fna....efd019d0&oe=5D82A7A4

https://scontent.fiev22-1.fna....39b8b926&oe=5D846A2D

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A peculiar Bergmann MP18.1 of the version using the straight magazine, hence the "System Schmeisser" marking since Schmeisser patented under his name the double column single feed straight magazine while he worked for Theodor Bergmann, CG Haenel being indicated as the manufacturer.
This weapon shows the safety installed on all submachineguns used by the german police in the 30s, a device locking the bolt in the forward position.

https://scontent.fiev22-1.fna....6ee2f25d&oe=5DAA34A4