Find
Notify
Tools

SMG Colt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Eye candy. Wink

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like the Colt approach as it is an inexpensive way to do a multiple caliber weapon. The Colt top end is fun, but not exactly a "race" piece. Here are the ones I enjoy for our fun 3 gun matches:

I built the racegun top end from an old Vietnam era upper receiver using parts from Brownell's. The handle was whacked off on a mill. The Weaver rail is from "Accuracy Speaks." The barrel was made from a piece of Shilen stock. Is 10.5" long with a machined-in three port compensator. Since this picture was taken, I've put an Eotech sight on the subgun instead of the PDP-3.

This one is fun and works for me! Wink

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
"Fun" shows that Mike is the master of the understatement.

We've got a pneumatic computerized target array at our range with 8" plates that pop up and then reset periodically. It's fun with a handgun, Kewl! with an MP-5 and funfreakintastic with Mike's race SMG!!!

Imagine shooting a Supersoaker 2000 with muzzle blast. Big Grin

jumping lefty

When I attended the NRA SMG Instructor's school we were issued the Colt SMG and other than some worn out magazine issues it's a very nice rifle disguised as an SMG. Hope you enjoy your's Edmond.

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last time I used it on military pop up targets, despite the shortest reset time we could set up, the target had not always enough time to come up to vertical position.
I am better with a fixed stock MP 5 but this toy is fun, too.

Big Grin

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
up

one of us
posted Hide Post
The only bad thing about the 9mm Colt was the magazines. They were hard to load and if you banged one of them it would spit out several 9mm rounds....

However, they were a joy to shoot and very accurate.

Actually I used and much prefered the same sized "gun" in 5.56/223.
Mine was a flat top. I used one as a work gun for several years.

Compared to the 9mm, the short barreled 5.56/223 was the Hammer of Thor.
Especially with Winchester 55 gr Ballistic Silvertips.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, it is not a normal use to bang on people's head with a SMG magazine. )))

I noticed the spring were weaker on Colt SMG mags, never happens with a UZI mag.

a hint, you can use the UZI mag after you modify it for the Colt mag stop, it was copied from the Israeli SMG itself copy of a pre WW2 SMG.

One of Us
posted Hide Post