New
Find
Notify
Tools

USA to Canada Shipments
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a military gunstock for sale and a Canadian would like to buy it. Can I ship the gunstock directly to the individual in Canada?

Jim

Posts: 546 | Location: Winter, Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 19 December 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've ordered Garand stocks and other parts from US dealers, without any problems, so I would think the same. Some specific parts need an export permit but I don't believe stocks are on the list. Canadian customs don't care, they'll just add GST. Wink Always confusing to me why a lot of Americans don't want our business. "Seller does not ship to Canada"

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stocks are not ITAR controlled so not a problem

Member NRA, NFA,CSSA,DSC,SCI,AFGA

Posts: 266 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 10 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think most American companies would love to have Canadian business. The problem is our goofy laws and regulations make it just about impossible to sell common sporting firearms, parts, accessories, and ammunition in that market.
As I recall, it wasn't always so. Up until about 1999 most of those items were exempt from export licensing requirements if shipped directly to Canada. Then, President Bill Clinton, out of the goodness of his crooked little heart, decided to "help " our friends to the north with their gun control and registration schemes by restrictions and licensing to help keep down the number of US origin stuff and things used in Canadian crime. Yeah, sure. But anyway he slapped on the export licensing requirement which meant that a Canadian shopper in Walmart couldn't even buy a box of .22's. And so it remains today.

A good job is sometimes just a series of expertly fixed fark-ups.
Let's see.... is it 20 years experience or is it 1 years experience 20 times?
And I will have you know that I am not an old fart. I am a curmudgeon. A curmudgeon is an old fart with an extensive vocabulary and a really bad attitude.

Posts: 324 | Location: Too far north and 50 years too late | Registered: 02 February 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Always confusing to me why a lot of Americans don't want our business. "Seller does not ship to Canada"

My input is that I too, on eBay, won't ship to Canada. I've no issue with Canadians but I have had plenty of issues with Canada Customs!

Packages held up for three months plus...such that the buyer issues an "goods not received complaint".

Packages then sent back to UK because they haven't got the sender's address on the FRONT LEFT CORNER but maybe on the back, or on the side, or...

So yes I also have "won't ship to Canada" on my eBay sales. Sorry but until Canada Customs gets less anal and more customer friendly then I too "won't ship to Canada"...

Posts: 6815 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jgrabow6493:
I have a military gunstock for sale and a Canadian would like to buy it. Can I ship the gunstock directly to the individual in Canada?

Gun parts not specifically mentioned in ITAR will still need a US State Dept. export license if the value is over $100 wholesale.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1327 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kebco:
quote:
Originally posted by Jgrabow6493:

Gun parts not specifically mentioned in ITAR will still need a US State Dept. export license if the value is over $100 wholesale.

Actually, I think that has been increased to 500.,"for Canada only."

http://www.borderview.com/serv...t-exemption-details/

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I import far more than export so had to go look.
Good news & bad. Yes it has been increased but there is a reporting requirement that is impossible to comply with unless you are registered with the State Dept to use the automated system. The last time I was registered (10 years ago or so) it cost me over $2,000 a year. I use my customs broker for exports now & costs me just under $500 for every transaction. I will ask what he would charge for this type of entry.

123.17a(2)iii
The exporter makes a declaration
via the Automated Export System,
pursuant to § 123.22(a) of this
subchapter, and the exporter is eligible
to export under this exemption,
pursuant to § 120.1(c) of this
subchapter;

Scroll down its on the 3rd page
https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/FR/2013/78FR40630.pdf

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter