New
Find
Notify
Tools

MP 40, eye candy
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TrapperP
posted Hide Post
Well, I saw one of these slung on the back of a Heer trooper on the History channel this weekend - and he was aiming down the barrel of an M1 Garand! I have seen this same picture/film clip a couple of times and would like to have a copy but so far I have been unable to find the one I'm referring too.
I guess they liked the ol' Garand too!

Lord, give me patience 'cuz if you give me strength I'll need bail money!!
'TrapperP'

Posts: 3742 | Location: Moving on - Again! | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eric
posted Hide Post
Dammit Edmond! Would you stop posting all those pictures of stuff I have coveted my whole life and can't afford!

Bloody hell man, I'm jealous.

Eric

"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."
Benjamin Franklin, July 4 1776
Lost once in the shuffle, member since 2000.

Posts: 199 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: 05 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
But you have much better legislation than we have. You don't go through red tape to buy handguns, handguns ammo, semi auto or even a bolt action rifle using a former military caliber, etc..

I exchange place anyday, Eric. I am seriously thinking about it. Wink

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They have one of these, or did, at the shooting range under Avenue Foch when I went there some four years ago. Part of the Paris Police Collection or some such.

Re "Military Calibres": Surely, now, today, the "Loi 1939" could be struck down under EC Law as being "restraint of trade"? In that its effect is to effectively "protect" the domestic gun trade against imports of sporting arms in "military" calibres? I find it quite bizarre that bayonet lugs, even, have to be ground off No4, SMLE or "Mauser" rifles!

Posts: 6813 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the one they have there is deactivated. This one is being deactivated at Saint Etienne proof house like a few others I sold recently to collectors.

There are now more deactivated firearms sold in France than live ones and the total ain't much after the 6 waves of restrictions we had for the past 30 years, the worst being the amendments of 1993 and 1995.

The 1939 law is still enforced and had gone even more restrictive using an article of the Shengen Treaty required by Netherland and enforced by France that any member can enforce stricter law than the basic requirements of the treaty.

The law makers of 1939 were afraid of a revolution and wanted to prohibit access to military calibers because of the availabililty of huge quantities of ammo in army depots.

one of us
posted Hide Post
What makes this collection of stamped metal parts, eye candy?

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
I exchange place anyday, Eric. I am seriously thinking about it. Wink

That would be interesting!

I read the title wrong and thought this was going to be about the MP5/40 -- must be my day to be confused.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by onefunzr2:
What makes this collection of stamped metal parts, eye candy?

Still no answer?

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You're right, when one sees them and uses them frequently, it's no eye candy no more. Wink

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Edmond where do you keep finding these nice toys? Big Grin Yes this is real eye candy. I have had the pleasure to shoot a MP40 & I loved it!

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8343 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have explained in other threads how I can legalize these weapons since I have the necessary license to acquire them. But then, they can be resold to individuals only deactivated or converted to semi auto.
I can export them to corporations or individuals where local laws allow ownership.
I am selling the collection, now.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
up

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
All SMG's increase in price as there is a finite number of them allowed for civilian ownership. I have two SMG's as a civilian...they are not cheap and never will be..at least not in America. One British and the other Finnish. Both in 9mm at 650rpm and 950rpm respectively.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
My ex-dentist is a class 3 + a couple of years ago he had one for sale for $12,500.00. Not bad if you can afford it. Had a sheriff come up here several years ago because my wife had a greenhouse (she sold starters to nurseries) + when he found out I had a gun shop he was my best friend.He had one thrown in the trunk with the spare tire.Since he took it in a raid he had no concept of value.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6372 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by enfieldspares:
They have one of these, or did, at the shooting range under Avenue Foch when I went there some four years ago. Part of the Paris Police Collection or some such.

Re "Military Calibres": Surely, now, today, the "Loi 1939" could be struck down under EC Law as being "restraint of trade"? In that its effect is to effectively "protect" the domestic gun trade against imports of sporting arms in "military" calibres? I find it quite bizarre that bayonet lugs, even, have to be ground off No4, SMLE or "Mauser" rifles!

The 1939 law has been finally changed to abide to European Firearms Law, there is no more "military calibers" except 5.56 NATO, 5.45mm Soviet, 7.62x39mm and 12.7x99mm.
There is no need for paper work anymore for purchase of regimatd ammunition as lon,g as you show the valid firearms certificate and do not stock more than 1000 loaded rounds (no limit on brass and projectiles)

The firearms made before 1900 have been declassified. Only weapons still prohibited are the select fire and automotic weapons.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Maschinenpistole 40 ("Machine pistol 40") descended from its predecessor the MP 38, which was in turn based on the MP 36, a prototype made of machined steel.[5] The MP 36 was developed independently by Erma Werke's Berthold Geipel with funding from the German Army. It took design elements from Heinrich Vollmer's VPM 1930 and EMP. Vollmer then worked on Berthold Geipel's MP 36 and in 1938 submitted a prototype to answer a request from the Heereswaffenamt (Army Weapons Office) for a new submachine gun, which was adopted as MP 38. The MP 38 was a simplification of the MP 36, and the MP 40 was a further simplification of the MP 38, with certain cost-saving alterations, most notably in the more extensive use of stamped steel rather than machined parts.[5]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Military Museum, Kyiv, Ukraine

Made during WW2 by the communist resistance

another clone was made by the OUN, Ukraine's National Armed Resistance, fighting both nazi Germany and Soviet Union

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Armed resistance in countries occupied by the Soviets was not eradicated before mid 50s.
German weapons were commonly used but MP44 were quickly unuseful due to their peculiar 8x33mm cartridge, unlike the weapons using full power 8x57mm ammunition or 9mm

http://forums.accuratereloadin...1043/m/750108067/p/3

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Happy Easter Edmond. It's good that you're still here on AR. I've just come back from five weeks in Nigeria then two weeks in France. I'm still well too but I've made a decision to avoid the Political Forum. Thus my absence from that bear pit! I don't regret it!

Posts: 6813 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MP 41 Schmeisser, was never an official German Armed Forces or Police weapon, rather a commerial product sold to foreign customers like Hungary.

https://scontent.fiev22-2.fna....2238a376&oe=5DB87B89