Find
Notify
Tools

Lewis Machine and Tool Big M16 Order From Estonia
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted
LMT just got a huge M16 rifle order from Estonia, so it is moving from Milan IL to Iowa. As are many companies and every individual who has the wherewithal to do so.
Illinois is sinking fast and the new Dem governor will hasten that downfall. I read it is the number one loser of people and businesses in the US, for good reason.
The Dem "machine" can't be stopped; too ingrained.

Posts: 17046 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Depending on the timetable, getting moved and into production ought to be a nightmare.
Plus continuing with any current contracts.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4223 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
LMT just got a huge M16 rifle order from Estonia, so it is moving from Milan IL to Iowa. As are many companies and every individual who has the wherewithal to do so.
Illinois is sinking fast and the new Dem governor will hasten that downfall. I read it is the number one loser of people and businesses in the US, for good reason.
The Dem "machine" can't be stopped; too ingrained.

Tom- having grown up in Joliet, I know all too well that you are correct. Pritzker, Madigan and the entrenched machine politicians will continue to be their own worst enemies. Pity they cannot recognize it.

Good for LMT, though.

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Yes, true.
It's only a 5 mile move across the river but sure, moving all that CNC machinery and setting it up will take time.
ArmaLite moved out of Illinois to Arizona, I think. Les Baer moved across the river.
I was driving along the river today and heard this giant sucking sound....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TCLouis:
Depending on the timetable, getting moved and into production ought to be a nightmare.
Plus continuing with any current contracts.

If they stay in the quad cities area it won't be a long move.

"For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind..."
Hosea 8:7

Posts: 579 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 January 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
How true that is. As we all know there are an amazing amount of firearms related businesses moving south of the Mason/Dixon line. The insanity that I can see is where do local politicians seem to see that destroyed local industry + having it move elsewhere is a boon for their community?

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh + BTW; STI is about 30 minutes from my home + LaRue only 15 minutes away.Nice neighborhood.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Lewis is moving to Eldridge; like one mile north of the Quad Cities; and the way the housing developments are going in that direction it won't be long until it is part of the QC. Only one corn field left standing anyway. (can't go south) (Oh, the river runs East and West here) because that is Illinois and NO ONE is building anything over there.
I read that Pricker, the new Governor, is doubling the salary of his staff, from his own pocket., from $150K to $300K. That is making the unions mad. Worst run state and highest debt. Only one way to solve it; Raise Taxes.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nothing new under the sun.