Notify
Tools

CMP 1911s could be on the way
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

http://taskandpurpose.com/army-selling-m1911-pistols/

http://www.freerepublic.com/fo.../3606985/posts
The Civilian Marksmanship Program has always been a great way to get your hands on some vintage military rifles. Garands and M1 Carbines have been the staples, but the odd batch of 1903 Springfield bolt-actions pop up from time to time as well. It’s a program actually designed to put military style rifles in citizens’ hands for the purposes of making Americans better marksmen.

However, the program isn’t known for selling pistols, just rifles. That’s about to change.

The 2018 National Defense Authorization Act was approved Thursday to include a plan to transfer the U.S. Army’s remaining stock of .45 ACP M1911A1 pistols to the Civilian Marksmanship Program.

Added as an amendment while the NDAA was in debate in the House Armed Service Committee, it would speed up the transfer of potentially the largest remaining stock of military surplus World War II-era handguns in government hands to the public. The mammoth legislation, which outlines $700 billion in overall defense spending, cruised to final approval on a voice vote in the Senate and now heads to President Trump.

(Excerpt) Read more at bearingarms.com

Posts: 19310 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
From what I have heard from a few lifers (officers) that had access to a lot of these over the years.. They are worn out beaters. You may occasionally find a decent one, or one with some desirable parts, but for the most part, they are well worn guns.

If you want one just to say "I got one!" great. but you would be better served spending your money on a new 1911.... even if it was produced in the Philippines.

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1957 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Please see the post "All US 1911s to CMP" which is just below this post. This is a duplicate and provides no new information, because there is NO new information!

It would be best if this 1911/CMP topic were completely ignored until such time as CMP makes an announcement.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Your September 28th information is old.

quote:
Originally posted by LionHunter:
Please see the post "All US 1911s to CMP" which is just below this post. This is a duplicate and provides no new information, because there is NO new information!

It would be best if this 1911/CMP topic were completely ignored until such time as CMP makes an announcement.

quote:
The 2018 National Defense Authorization Act was approved Thursday to include a plan to transfer the U.S. Army’s remaining stock of .45 ACP M1911A1 pistols to the Civilian Marksmanship Program.

This is the new information as of Thursday Nov. 16th Sorry your information is old.

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
p dog shooter-

I am not sure why you insist on posting about the CMP-1911 issue??? It is not helpful and could result in problems with the completion of the transfer and/or sales. Please stop. The anti's read this forum.

There is, in fact, NO NEW INFORMATION from CMP since 9/28. It is CMP that will announce any progress on the transfer/sales once it is completed, not any other organization, including congress.

BTW, CMP has locked 2 new threads on what you are posting about, on 11/21 & 11/22.

I hope you understand. Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What I am posting is in the national news.

If the anti's are getting there information here it is a poor choice over other news sources.

I not sure why you insist shooters and gun owners be quite.

Shooters can put pressure on also and we should.

The act passed and is going to the presidents desk.

What don't you think he well sign it if not. It is time to call the white house.

It is not time to sit on your hands.
Did you read the article

The $700 billion 2018 National Defense Authorization Act National Defense Authorization Act that Congress sent to President Donald Trump’s desk on Nov. 16 National Defense Authorization Act that Congress sent to President Donald Trump’s desk on Nov. 16 included an amendment that required the Secretary of the Army to transfer a cache of small arms and ammo “ no longer actively issued for military service” to the government-sponsored Civilian Marksmanship Program, including the M1911 and M1911A1 pistols no longer actively issued for military service” to the government-sponsored Civilian Marksmanship Program, including the M1911 and M1911A1 pistols, the M–1 Garand, and .22 rimfire rifles

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Whatever... killpc

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LionHunter:
Whatever... killpc

Very true

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
I'm betting that most will be rattle battle combat firearms with some occasional gems in the mix.

Will be interesting to see if there are some guns of great interest that will hopefully bring high dollar.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4223 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
It would be fun to look at;except more than likely you will not see the actual piece before purchase. I already have a 1943 Remington-Rand all original issue but I'm sure what they will be selling will be more than I paid for this one years ago.Still interested of course.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
CMP 1911 Information - December 4, 2017
CMP via email ^ | 4 Dec 17

Posted on ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2017‎ ‎8‎:‎04‎:‎06‎ ‎PM by real saxophonist

To all CMP constituents:

The CMP Board of Directors has discussed at length how the sales of 1911s would be handled, if the CMP were to ever receive them from the United States Army.

Some preliminary decisions:

Decisions concerning the grade and pricing of the 1911s will not be made until inspection has occurred of a substantial quantity which will take an estimated 150 days post receipt.

All laws pertaining to the sale of 1911s by CMP will be strictly obeyed.

Potential purchasers will have to provide to CMP a new set of documents exhibiting: 1) proof of U.S. Citizenship, 2) proof of membership in a CMP affiliated club, 3) proof of participation in a marksmanship activity, 4) a new form 2A with notary, 5) successful completion of a NICS background check, 6) a signed copy of the 01 Federal Firearms License in which the 1911 will be transferred to.

The CMP customer will be required to complete a form 4473 in person and successfully complete another NICS check by the recipient FFL holder before the pistol can be transferred.

Qualified CMP customer will only be allowed to purchase one 1911 per calendar year.

No 1911s available in the CMP stores, or on line, only mail order sales.

CMP will set the date in which it will accept orders for the 1911s. The date will be posted to the world.

Orders will only be accepted via mail order delivery. Orders will only be accepted post marked on the date or after, no early orders.

Once CMP receives 10,000 orders, customer names will be loaded into the Random Number Generator.

The Random Number Generator will provide a list of names in sequence order through a random picking process to CMP.

Customers will be contacted in the sequence provided by the Random Number Generator. When the customer is contacted a list of 1911 grades and pricing options that are available will be offered for selection of one.

As CMP proceeds down the sequenced list less grade and pricing options will be available. Again, this done completely random.

Mark Johnson

Chief Operating Officer

Civilian Marksmanship Program

www.thecmp.org

one of us
posted Hide Post
With all the hoops one needs to jump through it just easier to go to your favorite Gun store and buy a new one.

https://www.sportsmansguide.co...p-8-rounds?a=1902570

https://www.sportsmansguide.co...-91-rounds?a=2150402

one of us
posted Hide Post
Its pretty darn easy to put a beater back together if its a 1911 pattern...duh! Wink

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41758 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I have owned literally hundreds of the ones that will be sold; I definitely don't want one. And by owned, I mean, I signed for and was responsible for them in Tank Companies and a Battalion I commanded. And I inspected every one of them, frequently, and fired some of them too.

Posts: 17045 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote