Find
Notify
Tools

"The Collectors and Researchers Guide to the Great War
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TrapperP
posted
Back again with a question - boy, I'm full of them, right?
This time about a book I just found in a collection I bought from an Estate.The title is "The Collector and Researchers Guide to the Great War" by one Howard Williamson. It appears to be signed by the author and is volume #63 of I don't know how many. Privately published by Anne Williamson, 5 Hankin Avenue, Harwich, Essex CO12 5HE.
This book is profusely illustrated and covers small arms, munitions and militaria. It has tons of proof marks,data on helmets, bayonets, etc.
Anyone know anything about the author or have any idea of what the worth of the volume might be?
Any and all ino appreciated.

Lord, give me patience 'cuz if you give me strength I'll need bail money!!
'TrapperP'

Posts: 3742 | Location: Moving on - Again! | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never heard of it. Anything about the MP 18 and the MG 15 nA in it?

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TrapperP
posted Hide Post
Nothing on Sub- or Machine guns - think there were two volumes and this would have been in the other. Loads of info on French long arms, pistols,bayonettes, flare pistols and awards of WWI - proof marks by Remington and etc for the ones man'fd on this side of the pond! I was aware of Remington building Moisin-Nagants but did not know they built rifles for France. And about 25 pages of case markings [headstamps] for small arms ammo!
Also did not know the Brits used captured German helmets to pave a muddy street but they have pictures of it! Can you imagine!

Lord, give me patience 'cuz if you give me strength I'll need bail money!!
'TrapperP'

Posts: 3742 | Location: Moving on - Again! | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote