THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CANADIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Canadian Hunting    Jim Shockey on the Real Trouble With the Border Closure
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jim Shockey on the Real Trouble With the Border Closure
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
On my major international trips. I have never paid 100 full up front. Not even, when booking on my own.

I always pay: a deposit which after X period of time is non-refundable, balance 30 days before trip, trophy fees when game is killed, this time I paid trophy fees when I got home.

I had never hunted with before.

Posts: 10608 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
LHeym500,

What you described is pretty normal for Africa with trophy fees coming post safari. Letting you pay trophy fees once you have returned home shows a high level of trust and it is also a great way for an operator to get burned. It happens all too often.

We ask for a trophy fee deposit 30 days out to at lest cover the main animals the hunter wants to pursue. This allows hunters to travel with very little cash and keeps everybody honest.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12842 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would not be upset at all if an Outfitter insisted on TF after the shot or escrow.

There is no way in Hell I would pay 100 percent up front nor allow an Outfitter or Booking Agent to increase the price after I signed on the line and paid the deposit.

Hell would be raised to the gate of Heaven.

Posts: 10608 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
This allows hunters to travel with very little cash and keeps everybody honest.

Only keeps the hunter honest.

Posts: 19314 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:
This allows hunters to travel with very little cash and keeps everybody honest.

Only keeps the hunter honest.

This is my whole point. The whole trust is one sided. By paying everything up front the client is putting 100% of the trust in the outfitter and the outfitter is telling the client I have no trust in you.

Posts: 482 | Location: SW Montana | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MtElkHunter:
I fully agree that trust should be a mutual thing. why is it that I have to put all my trust in the outfitter by paying 100% up front before I even show up? Why not I pay 50% up front and then the balance at the beginning of the hunt? When the outfitter picks me up at the airport or wherever we agree to meet I could hand him a certified check for the balance. Why is that not a reasonable option? By doing it this way we both have skin in the game and there is a show of mutual trust.

That's exactly how we do it.

Posts: 517 | Location: North West South Dakota | Registered: 26 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How to stop the spread of Covid... quit getting tested.

A couple months ago I came down with some kind of a cold/flu. I was sneezing, runny nose, coughs, congestion then eventually head ache.

I did not get tested. Just went to work as always. No mask.

Whatever I had, not a single co-worker 'exposed' to me during that week that I went to work sick got sick.

And if I get some other kind of cold/flu, you can bet that I'm just going to work then. Not submitting to stupid testing.

Which I am sure will astonish the leftwing panty waists ....

Posts: 828 | Location: Whitecourt, Alberta | Registered: 10 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Demonical:

A couple months ago I came down with some kind of a cold/flu. I was sneezing, runny nose, coughs, congestion then eventually head ache.

Whatever I had, not a single co-worker 'exposed' to me during that week that I went to work sick got sick.

And if I get some other kind of cold/flu, you can bet that I'm just going to work then. Not submitting to stupid testing.

You sound a lot like a former client of mine. I say former as he died of COVID after 22 days in intensive care. His wife has since changed her tune. She got the vaccine.

Posts: 11909 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
^ I got the Pfizer vac just for the record, in July. But I'm not concerned about the damn thing anyway.

And the virus is being created and sent out deliberately by the Chinese anyway.

SARS, H1N1, Swine Flu, Covid all Chinese creations.

They'll have the next Corona variant/mutation ready anytime in the next3-5 years. But trying to get something more virulent next time.

Posts: 828 | Location: Whitecourt, Alberta | Registered: 10 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rgrx1276
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MtElkHunter:
I fully agree that trust should be a mutual thing. why is it that I have to put all my trust in the outfitter by paying 100% up front before I even show up? Why not I pay 50% up front and then the balance at the beginning of the hunt? When the outfitter picks me up at the airport or wherever we agree to meet I could hand him a certified check for the balance. Why is that not a reasonable option? By doing it this way we both have skin in the game and there is a show of mutual trust.

I agree with this. While I normally go on self guided hunts out in the western states, after not getting a draw and rewarding myself for getting out of Afghanistan, I bought a "last minute cancellation" hunt... Was a LOT of fun being guided, but there was no way in hell I was going to pay all up front to someone I had never met, much less never heard anything good or bad about this person... Did kill a nice bull so went home happy. Paid the lessor in full the 50% I owed the day I showed up in camp.

Posts: 45 | Location: Israel and Florida | Registered: 23 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:
Originally posted by Demonical:

You sound a lot like a former client of mine. I say former as he died of COVID after 22 days in intensive care. His wife has since changed her tune. She got the vaccine.

THANK YOU LARRY!

Posts: 212 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 24 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
I would not be upset at all if an Outfitter insisted on TF after the shot or escrow.

There is no way in Hell I would pay 100 percent up front nor allow an Outfitter or Booking Agent to increase the price after I signed on the line and paid the deposit.

Hell would be raised to the gate of Heaven.

Your contract should protect you against any price increase other than government fees that nobody can guarantee.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12842 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well seems most outfitters in the yukon survived the covid issues and back to open the season that is starting in a month and 10 days.

from what i ve seen prices increased a lot.

Posts: 1721 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medved:
well seems most outfitters in the yukon survived the covid issues and back to open the season that is starting in a month and 10 days.

from what i ve seen prices increased a lot.

Phil...yes I have seen some of the new pricing for hunts in western Canada and our north. Some of the increases are rather staggering and although I imagine some with deep pockets will just pay whatever they have to in order to go on these hunts, others who have no problem affording the hunts are saying enough is enough and are spending their money and time where they get a better value for the dollar.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1806 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
worldwide pandemic
feel so sorry for the outfitters who lost and the hunters who lost but who's to blame, CHINA what good did any of the closers do for anyone

As for someone to ask about vaccinations they are as clueless as the state health experts

Posts: 291 | Location: wisconsin  | Registered: 20 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
It's hard to believe.

But it's Trudeau.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13329 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
It's hard to believe.

But it's Trudeau.

trudeau alone, greed is a bad vice ...

Posts: 1721 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's hard to believe.

But it's Trudeau.

Don't know why it is hard to believe.

He is a communist through and through.

Posts: 19314 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
NEVER trust a commie!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66765 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
NEVER trust a commie!

we have a lot here ...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:
It's hard to believe.

But it's Trudeau.

Don't know why it is hard to believe.

He is a communist through and through.

certainly came from his supposed father ...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is it just me that thinks...fuck them! They over sell their areas, charge scalpers fees, often treating clients from the USA (vs. Canada) like unwanted step children,etc. etc.
Look what the industry did to Sask. whitetail hunts...over booked, not by a few but by the ten fold, price hiked by the ten fold, etc. to the point the average buck killed by clients went from 150" to 120",etc. etc.
A trophy moose hunt went from $3500.00 to over $
15,000 . Yup! Screw them I'm done with my rant

Posts: 735 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote