THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CANADIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Canadian Hunting    Jim Shockey on the Real Trouble With the Border Closure
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jim Shockey on the Real Trouble With the Border Closure
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry, Sorry, that was 4WD. My mistake. Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3335 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Actually I am an American and a conservative. Job brings me overseas, as it has for the past 28 years. I enjoy the travel.

I have been a fan of Ezra Levent for years, and watch Rebel Media on youtube nightly.

https://www.bing.com/videos/se...iew=detail&FORM=VIRE

https://www.bing.com/videos/se...iew=detail&FORM=VIRE

Canadians don't deserve and should not put up with the government they have.

Biden is woefully inadequate as a president, and has taken bribes. Justin is criminal, he has hurt Canada more than any Canadian PM since the birth of Canada.

Obviously it is unlikely that Justin will go to jail, and the Yukon and NWT are not going to become part of the USA. A thought for both is so impossible, in my mind it was a joke.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian Canada:
Kathi posted an excellent article by Jim Shockey about the Border Closer and it's ramifications. This was followed by a thoughtful, intelligent discussion by a number of AR posters.

Then along came Big Wonderful Wyoming and Boarkiller to make their standard pitifully stupid statements.

I addressed their comments with a small dose of good old Canadian sarcasm. That was a waste of time.

I will try again with some facts.

The Canadian federal and provincial governments of the day, both liberal and conservative, are working as hard as they can to contain the Covid Pandemic and to get Canadians vaccinated. They are doing it to minimize the death and despair that is the world wide pandemic. My province, British Columbia is doing an outstanding job.

They do this to save thousands of lives, not to help outfitters to pay their bill or to please American hunters.

Big Wonderful Wyoming, I assume that you are a German citizen who is temporally dwelling in the USA. You have posted that you plan to go back to Germany soon.

On this thread you posted some nonsense about, "I refuse to book until Justin is in jail..." and,
"The Yukon and NWT are welcome to join Alaska as part of the 49th state."

I don't think you have the knowledge or credibility to make public statements like that. In fact I doubt you could even comment accurately on how you local county is handling the pandemic.

Boarkiller, you are a complete waste of time but I just have to draw attention to one of your statements, "...liberal way of thinking is what got Canada into this mess in first place."

Really? I though the pandemic was the problem. Your silly statement suggests that if we had a Conservative federal government they would not be trying so hard to save lives and they would be letting people like you and Big Wonderful Wyoming come into our country to play.

Incidentally, have either one of you two jackasses gotten your vaccinations?

Simply stated.....you're a fucking scumbag. How's that for thoughtful you limp dick?

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Posts: 245 | Location: US of A | Registered: 03 April 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oops, I must have touched a sore spot. Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3335 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BWW,

You watch Ezra Levent and Rebel Media? That is pathetic!

Just like Trump, when you get busted for saying something really stupid you claim you were joking.

Give your head a shake. Brian

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Yep, watch them regularly.

You should watch them as well, other good ones are American One News, Fox News and Sky Australia.

Wouldn't call it pathetic. They are the only ones with the courage to report that Christians are being harassed in Canada during Justin's covid lock down.

Canada used to be a conservative country, how long before the First Nation's folk claim 100% hunting rights from Newfoundland to Victoria, and your government gives it to them?

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian Canada:
Oops, I must have touched a sore spot. Brian

Not in the least. I pity your ilk.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bull,
I will take that in the best possibly way.
Brian

one of us
posted Hide Post
Anyone who truly thinks any branch of government has done a good job of dealing with this "pandemic" is looking through a special pair of glasses indeed. From the outset, the governments were too stupid to recognize that concentration of cases were in cities with international airports.
Although the geographic origin of the virus was well known, there was never any move to limit incoming flights or require quarantine for arriving passengers. Treatments therapies, proven or not, were ignored or supressed. Locations of outbreaks were kept under wraps. Risk factors were not discussed. Statistics regarding cases, hospitalizations and deaths were distorted, spun, and just flat falsified. Lying by government representatives and by the news media has become commonplace.
Money was borrowed and distributed in ways that crippled productive economic sectors while supporting the non-productive. Again, BS became the order of the day. Inflation, all over North America, is on the verge of blowing up. Excellent handling of the "pandemic", eh.
My wife dropped by a clinic to check on the availability of vaccines and whether or not the shots could be gotten at the intervals determined by the manufacturers to be most effective, through testing. She was told "no" because it has been determined that a longer interval is better. Why is a long interval better? Because they don't have the stuff. I'm doing my part the help this situation by not bothering to get a shot to combat a disease which is rare in general, more rare to be serious, and which can be treated effectively with readily available and inexpensive drugs.
I honestly can't see why anyone would think the liberal government , federally, or the NDP government, provincially, has done a great job. Regards, Bill

Posts: 3491 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
which can be treated effectively with readily available and inexpensive drugs.

You lost me there. That is an absolute falsehood assuming you're referring to ivermectin or HCQ. I love it when some conspiracy troop leader tells the dopey minions a drug has no side effects and prevents/treats covid with ZERO factual evidence to back it up......and they all gobble it up while screaming vaccines are mind control drugs. The world is definitely getting less and less intelligent since we intervened in evolution. Bring back eugenics!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have seen enough firsthand and heard enough firsthand anecdotal evidence, to convince me that Ivermectin is effective. I cannot comment on the effectiveness of the vaccines because I have not seen how they perform in similar circumstances. I only have evidence provided by people who have a stake or have proven a willingness to lie. By the way, I don't get any information from the right wing wackadoodle sites which I consider to be no more likely to be truthful than ABC news.
What do we think about the necessity of vaccinating those who have already had and beaten covid? Is their natural immunity a conspiracy theory too? Regards, Bill

Posts: 3491 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Leeper:
I have seen enough firsthand and heard enough firsthand anecdotal evidence, to convince me that Ivermectin is effective. I cannot comment on the effectiveness of the vaccines because I have not seen how they perform in similar circumstances. I only have evidence provided by people who have a stake or have proven a willingness to lie. By the way, I don't get any information from the right wing wackadoodle sites which I consider to be no more likely to be truthful than ABC news.
What do we think about the necessity of vaccinating those who have already had and beaten covid? Is their natural immunity a conspiracy theory too? Regards, Bill

I do agree with you Bill

But this pandemic turned into a power struggle and tyranny

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I think this guy has it right.

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Leeper:

You're aware of tetanus boosters? Hepatitis B boosters? Antibodies in our bodies are measured by titer and the protective antibody titer is well-known for many pathogens....hence the need for boosters if it drops below. Natural immunity works similarly meaning the titer and/or persistence of antibodies varies from person to person. I don't believe that titer has been established for covid yet however hence the suggestion to vaccinate even those who were infected.

No offense but this is basic immunology and far too many people are commenting on something they know little or nothing about. Letting your emotions guide your actions is how liberals go about their daily lives. Don't be that guy.

one of us
posted Hide Post
And you know what? I don't mind getting tetanus boosters from time to time because the likelyhood that I could get tetanus, given my lifestyle, is probably much greater than the likelyhood of contracting covid and the consequences are much greater.
Letting my emotions guide my actions is exactly what I am not doing. I am just saying "no" to fear mongering. It's largely liberals who are pushing so hard, using lies to create fear. Regards, Bill

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Negotiations, reasonable and understandable negotiation, are the key.

Both clients and outfitters have suffered.

It is unreasonable to expect the client to fork up extra so he can hunt for a hunt he has already paid partly for.

He might be in even more financial difficulties because of COVID.

One has to be fair.

We had to cancel our hunt last year.

I know the people we hunt with keep most of their quota for us.

It is unreasonable to expect them to foot the bill, as they are suffering financially from lack of clients too.

So we agreed on a solution, where we are both happy.

The thing is each case should be dealt with individually.

Saying that every hunter has to pay extra to continue his hunt is not fair.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66762 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well said. While I will take care of my outfitter with extra payments not everyone can and everyone in the hunting community needs to understand this. One could certainly understand how someone who could not afford to do this would feel he had been treated at least as bad as someone who booked thru a booking agent and when the hunt didn't take place refused to at least refund his commission .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Negotiations, reasonable and understandable negotiation, are the key.

Both clients and outfitters have suffered.

It is unreasonable to expect the client to fork up extra so he can hunt for a hunt he has already paid partly for.

He might be in even more financial difficulties because of COVID.

One has to be fair.

We had to cancel our hunt last year.

I know the people we hunt with keep most of their quota for us.

It is unreasonable to expect them to foot the bill, as they are suffering financially from lack of clients too.

So we agreed on a solution, where we are both happy.

The thing is each case should be dealt with individually.

Saying that every hunter has to pay extra to continue his hunt is not fair.

well said and explained.

thank you.

Posts: 1721 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Fascinating how a vaccine divides people.

Years ago, we had to vaccines for several ailments.

We took them.

Never questioned anything.

Certain countries required us to a vaccine certificate to prove it.

We never questioned it.

We got several flu viruses in the past.

Many people get vaccinated every year against them.

I never did.

As I really did not see flu as a major sickness, being a healthy person.

I have never been sick, I am 71 years old.

Then we get this Chink Virus.

The whole world goes bonkers over it.

Politics before common sense, to the extent that the same vaccine, made in different countries, get accepted or not accepted.

We got nuts denying this virus even exits!

I wanted to travel, so there is no choice but to have the vaccine.

In my country it is offered free of charge.

They even come to your home to give it to you if you are 60 or over.

Got the vaccine. Together with all my family.

No negatives at all.

Traveling freely.

I feel rather sad for individuals imposing THEIR will on society by refusing to vaccinate.

They are prolonging the negative effect this has been having on all of us.

Posts: 66762 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

I feel rather sad for individuals imposing THEIR will on society by refusing to vaccinate.

They are prolonging the negative effect this has been having on all of us.

Well said.

It's ironic how the people who say covid is fake, officials are fear mongering and just want it to go away are precisely the ones who are prolonging it and spreading mutations. It reminds me of children who pout because they won't eat their vegetables.

Just get the stupid vaccination so we all can get back to traveling and hunting.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2786 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
People who choose not to get vaccinated against a relatively innocuous disease are not prolonging the negative effects this is having on all of us; governments are doing that. Whether or not they are doing this in support of pharmaceutical companies cannot be said but it is believable. There can be little doubt that the covid pandemic has been used to increase government powers, at all levels, in countries around the world.
By the way, given that there are so many vaccinated people who are infected with and spreading the "deadly Delta variant" (news media classification, not mine), why should those who have not been vaccinated shoulder the blame? It may, in fact, be the response to the vaccine which has led to the evolution of the "variants of concern" (Dr. Faucci's categorization, not mine).
Government officials have become addicted to the power which the virus has given them and seem to revel in their ability to depress various sectors of the economy. In Canada, especially, guides and outfitters are pretty low on any list of priorities. There is talk of opening the country to cruise ship tourism but hunting and fishing don't generate enough money to get much consideration. Regards, Bill

Administrator
posted Hide Post
You are right about the governments.

Just look at Australia!

I understand the vaccinated don’t get it as bad those who are not.

One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
In the US at least only the unvaccinated ones (obviously) are the ones getting covid. No hocus pocus just the facts.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2786 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roger, Agreed. same as Canada. Brian

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cougarz:
In the US at least only the unvaccinated ones (obviously) are the ones getting covid. No hocus pocus just the facts.

Not true. Even the MSM, usually solidly behind the Democrat narrative, have reported on the numerous cases of infection among vaxxed people. Most cases are asymptomatic (just like in most people) but they can pass the virus along.
Variants will continue to be more transmissible but less consequential because that is their way to success in the survival sweepstakes. Vaccinations, especially of the sort we are being given, may or may not hasten the progression but they will allow the recipients to feels a sense of security and, as a by-product, an enhanced sense of virtue! Regards, Bill

Administrator
posted Hide Post
In the UK reports say 47% of those testing positive have had the vaccine.

What they do not mention is how badly affected they are.

Of all the individuals I know that have had this, not a single one suffered any serious illness.

The majority kept saying they felt nothing at all!!

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's not an even remotely true statement.

There are plenty of vaccinated people getting Covid. The result seems to be that they don't experience the more severe symptoms if they do get it. From what I understand, hospitalizations of Covid infected people who were vaccinated is almost non existent as the symptoms tend to be milder.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:

There are plenty of vaccinated people getting Covid. The result seems to be that they don't experience the more severe symptoms if they do get it. From what I understand, hospitalizations of Covid infected people who were vaccinated is almost non existent as the symptoms tend to be milder.

Exactly

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I realize that opinions vary on the subject and what you are saying is generally true. Brian

One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:

LOL. Ok I stand corrected (and to make you feel warm and fuzzy) 1% of the total numbers currently being admitted to hospitals are vaccinated. faint

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_yl...fAmHRZNJYAxATC_oIQg-

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines...atients-unvaccinated

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is another one, from the WHO folks. https://fb.watch/6PihMigo3S/

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just received a new contract to sign from the new owners of Stone Mountain Safaris in BC demanding a 20% increase in the cost of the hunt due to "Covid Rebooking Fee"...

Posts: 1572 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boxhead:
I just received a new contract to sign from the new owners of Stone Mountain Safaris in BC demanding a 20% increase in the cost of the hunt due to "Covid Rebooking Fee"...

Boxhead,
If you don’t agree to that, will the Miller’s agree to give you a 100% refund on your deposit?
4WD

Posts: 657 | Location: Western USA | Registered: 08 September 2018Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4WD:
quote:
Originally posted by Boxhead:

Boxhead,
If you don’t agree to that, will the Miller’s agree to give you a 100% refund on your deposit?
4WD

He should!

He changed the conditions, so if the client cannot afford it, he has to give him his money back!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Agreed

one of us
posted Hide Post
The hunting/outfitting industry is one of the few service sector industries that you are expect to pay 100% of the cost up front months in the future with almost no guarantee that you will receive the service. For most business there is a up front capital cost to start and run the business. That up front cost is usually payed for by the business through money they already have or loans. The purchaser pays a deposit and the balance when services are rendered. It really does not matter what the product or service is it is rare to have to pay up front. A perfect example is if you hired a contractor to build you a new deck on your house. If the contractor quoted you a price of $10,000 for the deck and told you you had to pay it in full 3 months before he started the project what would you do? That contractor has to buy all the materials, pay the labor etc. Just like an outfitter. Would you say sure I know you have up front expenses and I have no problem paying you the full price well ahead of the job with no guarantee you will show up. Most prudent people would not do that. I can certainly see and agree that 25% deposit to hold the spot and another 25% at the start of the job and the balance at the end of the job or hunt.

Why do outfitters think they are the only ones running a business that has a risk. The contractor has the same risk of someone not paying at the end that outfitter does. If someone refuses to pay the balance at the end of the contractors job the contractor can loose a lot of money, no different than an outfitter.

I think we as consumers for any service (contractor, outfitters etc.) are ultimately in control and until we say no I will not agree to those terms business will continue to pass all risk on to us.

For those people who have the resources to write off a 10 or 20K trip more power to you and that is fantastic but the average person cannot afford to do that. They may have saved for years for that one trip and to have the outfitter say "because of stuff beyond my control you have to pay more or not take the trip" is not correct.

Posts: 480 | Location: SW Montana | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
General contact principles dictate no one party can unilaterally change the contract once offer has been accepted.

I floated a trip 2 years due to Covid the outfitter nor the agent tried to change the terms.

Anyone who tried to change the price can go sodomize a billy goat. That includes Jim Shockey.

If you negotiate a risk, burden shifting mechanism such as. “In the event, travel from the US-Canadian border is prohibited…”

Or regardless of all balances are due 2 months before services are to be rendered.”

So, be it. I doubt many people will book with you.

Posts: 10608 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Folks,

The answer as to why you pay up front for the hunt is that if the outfitter doesn't get the hunt fee up front that all too often the hunters just won't pay the balance following the hunt. They might say that they forgot to bring money or they'll send the money after they go home. Hunters often don't see their hunt as a real business deal and treat it with a callous attitude. Additionally some of these hunts are booked with a minimum deposit leaving the majority of the payment to be paid when the hunter arrives or at hunt's end. There just too much room for the outfitter to get truly screwed.

If a hunter doesn't like the terms of payment he shouldn't book. On the other hand if a hunter trusts the people he/she booked with and is honest themselves there's should be no issue.

As for the 20% Covid levy as I said earlier in this thread none of my guys are imposing that and I agree if your contract says you pay x,y,z for your hunt I don't see how the outfitter can charge more. Now if the outfitter agreed to roll the hunt over but with the caveat that the price might go up that is another story entirely.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12842 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Folks,

The answer as to why you pay up front for the hunt is that if the outfitter doesn't get the hunt fee up front that all too often the hunters just won't pay the balance following the hunt. They might say that they forgot to bring money or they'll send the money after they go home. Hunters often don't see their hunt as a real business deal and treat it with a callous attitude. Additionally some of these hunts are booked with a minimum deposit leaving the majority of the payment to be paid when the hunter arrives or at hunt's end. There just too much room for the outfitter to get truly screwed.

If a hunter doesn't like the terms of payment he shouldn't book. On the other hand if a hunter trusts the people he/she booked with and is honest themselves there should be no issue.

As for the 20% Covid levy as I said earlier in this thread none of my guys are imposing that and I agree if your contract says you pay x,y,z for your hunt I don't see how the outfitter can charge more. Now if the outfitter agreed to roll the hunt over but with the caveat that the price might go up that is another story entirely.

Mark

For every crooked PH, there are at least a dozen crooked clients.

PHs get burnt so often, but they don't talk about it.

Do your homework, deal with honest Phs, and you won't regret it.

Cut corners to save a few bucks, and you might end up missing a lot.

I have paid up front for a lot of things over seas, including hunting, skiing and diving.

Never had a single problems.

But, I make sure whoever I deal with is above board.

Trust should be mutual, not one way.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I fully agree that trust should be a mutual thing. why is it that I have to put all my trust in the outfitter by paying 100% up front before I even show up? Why not I pay 50% up front and then the balance at the beginning of the hunt? When the outfitter picks me up at the airport or wherever we agree to meet I could hand him a certified check for the balance. Why is that not a reasonable option? By doing it this way we both have skin in the game and there is a show of mutual trust.

Posts: 480 | Location: SW Montana | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote