THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CANADIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Canadian Hunting    Advice for non resident hunting.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Advice for non resident hunting.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
There’s a chance I may be traveling to Ontario around October/November for a few weeks.
I would like to enjoy a hunting experience while I’m in Canada for the first time.
Any advice on hunting in this province or the wider eastern Canadian area would be appreciated. Initial research lends me to think Black Bear would be the logical target.
I haven’t been able to discover what the rules are around tags and non resident tourist hunters. I will be staying sw of Ontario. No idea what possibilities exist around that zone.
I would appreciate any advice.
Thanks in advance.

Posts: 460 | Location: New Zealand, Australia, Zambia | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Like a lot of places ONT. has complex hunting rules depending on the area.

Can you be more specific as to where.

Big game one most likely one will need a out fitter.

Deer and bear tags were over the counter.

There are areas that have great grouse hunting.

I hunted it a few times.

Posts: 19361 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:

I hunted it a few times.

Thanks for your input.
Friends live near Petrolia and I will spend some time in and around Toronto if that helps. I’m happy to travel within the province.
Cheers.

Posts: 460 | Location: New Zealand, Australia, Zambia | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ridgeman:
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:

I hunted it a few times.

Thanks for your input.
Friends live near Petrolia and I will spend some time in and around Toronto if that helps. I’m happy to travel within the province.
Cheers.

I hunted the Dryden Red lake and Pickle lake areas western ONT

Do not know much about Toronto area

Posts: 19361 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not a lot of help around Ontario specifics, but here in Saskatchewan the bear season is closed by early October and the bears are already in their winter dens. So probably bear hunting is not on the menu at the time of your visit. I'd suggest you contact some outfitters that offer Whitetail deer, and / or moose. There is some excellent waterfowl hunting is some areas and grouse too.

Posts: 233 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 24 January 2009Reply With Quote