THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CANADIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Canadian Hunting    Just Back Home = Yukon Moose Hunt

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just Back Home = Yukon Moose Hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Four of us with three bull moose tags left our home in Watson Lake Yukon, for a two week moose hunt in the Yukon.
For the first two days we saw very few tracks and not one moose. The third day no more tracks but I did have a bull respond early in the evening. He was high up on a mountain across the valley at least a mile away. For calling I was using a brand new fibreglass call developed by Mark Allardyce who has the web site
www.all-about-moose.com Mark was along on the hunt but being a non Yukon resident he did not have a tag. The new call weighs about 5 ounces. It worked like a charm. I called the bull into less than 50 yards then decided to take him. As the calls are a brand new design I was the first to use the call and first to take a moose with the call.
Kirk and Rob took bulls on the 5th and 7th day. We looked for caribou on a couple of occasions too but without any luck.
Mark has the new fibreglass moose calls for sale on his website.
We will share the moose meat equally so each of us gets 3/4 of a moose.
I was looking at shipping rates for game meat on Air North, Yukon's Airline and came across the following.

http://www.flyairnorth.com/Car...alCargo.aspx#hunters

Have a read. Too bad all airlines were not like this..

Watson LaKE

Posts: 326 | Location: Watson Lake, Yukon, Canada | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Watson Lake:
Four of us with three bull moose tags left our home in Watson Lake Yukon, for a two week moose hunt in the Yukon.
For the first two days we saw very few tracks and not one moose. The third day no more tracks but I did have a bull respond early in the evening. He was high up on a mountain across the valley at least a mile away. For calling I was using a brand new fibreglass call developed by Mark Allardyce who has the web site
www.all-about-moose.com Mark was along on the hunt but being a non Yukon resident he did not have a tag. The new call weighs about 5 ounces. It worked like a charm. I called the bull into less than 50 yards then decided to take him. As the calls are a brand new design I was the first to use the call and first to take a moose with the call.
Kirk and Rob took bulls on the 5th and 7th day. We looked for caribou on a couple of occasions too but without any luck.
Mark has the new fibreglass moose calls for sale on his website.
We will share the moose meat equally so each of us gets 3/4 of a moose.
I was looking at shipping rates for game meat on Air North, Yukon's Airline and came across the following.

http://www.flyairnorth.com/Car...alCargo.aspx#hunters

Have a read. Too bad all airlines were not like this..

Watson LaKE

wow Yukon at the best.

thanks for the report.

Posts: 1721 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is a link to a couple of pictures.
The moose I took and our garage after arriving home.

http://redirect.viglink.com/?f...%2FdXKSRWk6gfiFCuPg7

Watson Lake

Posts: 326 | Location: Watson Lake, Yukon, Canada | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Watson Lake,

Those pix take me back to my days in Alaska and hanging the moose at hunts end in the garage just like you did. It always to me anyway smelt so good in there as the meat aged.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12842 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Two days after the moose was down I had a real nice grizzly on the kill site. Was there for three days at least We pulled the game camera on the the third day. got over 1,000 pictures. Will try to put a few on later.
Watson Lake

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I looked at your pictures. That's a great moose. I'll bet it was nice to have four of you there once you had him down.

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on that moose! I absolutely love their responses to calling / scraping -- and of course the meat too !!

Posts: 425 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 06 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For getting the three moose out of the bush we were real lucky. One of us 4 who was Mark from B.C. said they always bring their moose out in one piece.
So we gutted them and pulled out in one piece. Loaded onto my 14 ft ATV trailer, took back to camp and skinned right on the trailer. Hung on the pole right there. Never had easier moose actually. Just pull from the hind legs and away they go.
Butchering starts Monday or Tuesday.
Next year we are tentatively planning a fly in.
Or maybe back to the same place as this year.
Watson Lake

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The new fibreglass call Mark makes worked like charm.
Check his website www.allaboutmoose.com

The call weighs I thin about 5 ounces.

Watson Lake