THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CANADIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Canadian Hunting    Anyone still shooting one of Ellwood Epps's cartridges?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone still shooting one of Ellwood Epps's cartridges?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
A thread in the Oz/NZ forum about the .25/.303 got me to thinking on this. Don't hear much Epps talk here in the American Southwest.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16347 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Bill:

Good to hear someone else knows of Ellwood Epps. I've got a soft spot of them since my brother and I used to visit their shop in Windsor, Ont, from our childhood home in Detroit in the late '50s. Lots of good surplus and guns we didn't usually see in the States.

We still do business with them, but they moved up near Orillia some time ago. Not too many "303 Epps Improved" but a good mix of the modern (338 Lapua) and historic (40-110).

Dave Manson

Posts: 683 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 04 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Dave, you sure caught my attention when you mentioned a .40-110! Do tell.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16347 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a 303 Epps but in a 30 cal barrel. It's a 30/06 without the convenience! Mine is on a Ruger No.1. Regards, Bill

Posts: 3514 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have an Epps 303 Improved here built on a Lee Enfield, somewhere. One of the first wildcats I ever got my hands on as a kid. I haven't shot it in years, but I keep it for sentimental reasons. - dan

"Intellectual truth is eternally one: moral or sentimental truth is a geographic and chronological accident that varies with the individual" R.F. Burton

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hi, bill i have a really nice martini sporting rifle..in .303 epps..came from south africa...