THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CANADIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Canadian Hunting    Getting into Canada Do not Try.
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Getting into Canada Do not Try.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Nevada Wapati
posted Hide Post
The outfitter for my scheduled September hunt in British Columbia called me. She made it sound like things weren't looking very good for this year. Said it had been looking good to open up in July until Trudeau announced the new restrictions. I hope she is wrong and that the borders open up.
Don't know if the outfitters can take a second year of being closed.

Posts: 384 | Location: Carson City | Registered: 17 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would suggest that anyone that is scheduled to hunt this fall in Canada get vaccinated. Notify your outfitter and let them know if you are available on short notice.
I think we will probably find out no more than a month before hand if the border will open.
I think only people with proof of vaccination or proof of having covid in the past will get you across the border.
You can thank our useless POS Trudeau for this.

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1227 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
chilcotin hillbilly, as a fellow hunter and businessman I wish the best for you and your business.

As a fellow Canadian I see the closed border as a necessary hardship in dealing with covid 19 and keeping thousands of Canadians alive, including you, your family and your staff. Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3335 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
What I find most interesting is the reference to testing or proof of past infection needed to cross the border. What about proof of immunization?

Seems the whole world has lost the ability to apply critical thinking.

Unless you want to jump on an airplane or spend ridiculous money on the Alaska Marine Highway we Alaskans are now living on an island.

Cheers
Jim

an island with a lot of trucks coming delivering stuff to you.

but i feel the island feeling the same here.

Posts: 1723 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian Canada:
chilcotin hillbilly, as a fellow hunter and businessman I wish the best for you and your business.

As a fellow Canadian I see the closed border as a necessary hardship in dealing with covid 19 and keeping thousands of Canadians alive, including you, your family and your staff. Brian

yes you re right but the borders are not closed completely ...and also canadians are still travelling across provinces and territories. what make different a canadian or a foreigner on that matter?

Posts: 1723 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
medved.
1. The difference is basic public knowledge and you should not need me to explain it to you.

Why don't you send a letter to the editor of your newspaper and tell them that our USA border should be open because Canadians are travelling between provinces.

2. Chicotin hillbilly suggests that "our useless POS Trudeau" is to blame for this mistake of closing the border.

Does that infer that a Conservative majority government would be better/smarter and ignore the scientific facts and keep the USA border open so that we could have many thousands more Canadians die of Covid 19?

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3335 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Brian, you are such a chicken little dude

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
medved.
1. The difference is basic public knowledge and you should not need me to explain it to you.

Why don't you send a letter to the editor of your newspaper and tell them that our USA border should be open because Canadians are travelling between provinces.

2. Chicotin hillbilly suggests that "our useless POS Trudeau" is to blame for this mistake of closing the border.

Does that infer that a Conservative majority government would be better/smarter and ignore the scientific facts and keep the USA border open so that we could have many thousands more Canadians die of Covid 19?

look up the numbers of flights from china that landed in toronto and how the borders were closed lol ...

for the rest well nothing else to be add ...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Brian-
Were Trudeau not such a limp wristed puss you would be well no your way to being vaccinated. As it stands the bungling of the vaccine order and lack of aggressive action afterward has crippled your country. Indefensible!

Posts: 1335 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
crane, I agree with you on that. I don't know if it has "crippled the country" but he sure screwed up the vaccine rollout. Brian

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
And so cries Brian...

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.

“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
crane, I am not well informed on what went wrong with the bungling of the vaccine order and the lack of aggressive action after. I am not yet learning much on the news about it either. Several of my pals and accuantances say the same as you say but they don't offer any specifics.
My understanding goes as far as the fact that Canada compares poorly at a federal level, with similar counties, in getting the vaccine and distributing it, but I can't get a clear picture on what exactly went wrong.
Can you help me out with any specifics on how Trudeau messed it up? Thanks, Brian

one of us
posted Hide Post
There is a lot written about this. A few of the many points written about-

- Perhaps Trudeau's biggest screwup was contracting with the Chinese Communist company CanSino to produce the vaccine, rather than Moderna, Pfizer or J&J. CanSino did not deliver as contracted, leaving Trudeau holding the bag. It is not clear why they did not deliver- politics or lab failure. So after this debacle Moderna and Pfizer reduced their shipments. Politics?
-The above put Canada in 38th place for shots in the arm.
-Canada has 398,000,000 doses on hand. Unfortunately the health officials have nor approved 70% of these doses. Think that one has to fall back on Trudeau.

There are many articles on this subject, many written by Canadians.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

If this pandemic is as bad as what the media has made out why was there less deaths in BC in 2020 as in 2017 not really my idea of a pandemic.
Both Trudeau and Horgan have used this for political gain. There will be a federal election sometime this summer or fall and after Trudeau gets a majority government the borders will open. This is all politics when it comes to our province and country.

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1227 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Crane, Thanks, very interesting. Sounds like he messed up.

hillbilly, Thanks, That is interesting.
Closing the border and following Dr Bonnie Henry's guidelines were the big factors in controlling the pandemic in BC.

Brian

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is a recent report. Brian

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politi...irus-covid-1.5952276

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Crane, Thanks, very interesting. Sounds like he messed up.

hillbilly, Thanks, That is interesting.
Closing the border and following Dr Bonnie Henry's guidelines were the big factors in controlling the pandemic in BC.

Brian

man wake up the bc ground borders are not closed nor controlled ...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have been talking about the Canada/USA border, genius.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

lol i still do not see a difference between a manitoban and an alaskan trying to cross any border .... name calling is always when you have nothing else ...

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Poor Brian is a bit misguided last few years

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medved:
quote:

lol i still do not see a difference between a manitoban and an alaskan trying to cross any border .... name calling is always when you have nothing else ...

I'm still chewing on the difference of an Albertan or a BC resident coming to the Yukon, put a crimp in my Fall plans.
Confused

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1580 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grizzly Adams1:
quote:
quote:

I'm still chewing on the difference of an Albertan or a BC resident coming to the Yukon, put a crimp in my Fall plans.
Confused

Grizz

legally borders are closed. technically they re not ...wish you the best for your fall plans.

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
That is a beauty of US
Cant close borders between states

“ Hávamál”

one of us
posted Hide Post
Closing the international border between New York and Ontario might make a certain amount of sense but closing the border between BC and Montana makes a lot less sense than closing the Trans Canada Highway and Hwy 3 at Hope. We are being fed so much absolute crap, regarding the virus, it's transmission, it's seriousness, and how to deal with it. Bullshit Bonnie Henry is at the forefront.
We live in an area where there are essentially no cases of covid 19. We live twenty miles north of an area in Montana where there are no cases of covid-19. Yet, we are supposed to believe that closing the international border is, somehow, keeping us safe. Safe from what? Too much liberty?
At the same time, we allow flights to come into the country from around the world; as we have from the outset. Does anyone honestly believe the South African or British variants arose spontaneously in BC? They were brought in on airplanes. On the bright side, the super deadly Wyoming strain has been excluded; thanks to the restricted borders. Bullshit Bonnie has actually said, when speaking of variant cases, there is no evidence of transmission from outside Canada. Holy Crap!
Bullshit Bonnie has decreed that no more than ten people can gather outside (unless they are carrying BLM placards. Then, the sky's the limit). This means we can't hold our club matches where we usually draw twenty to thirty shooters. This, in spite of the fact that no one has covid-19. We could get together for a group hug and have no effect whatsoever on the covid statistics.
Just as in other jurisdictions, we have covid deaths counted where the person was killed by any number of other causes and once we were lied to one time, there was no reason to believe a single effing word BSB said.
We have people who are dying from other causes yet their family cannot be with them because of the fear of covid.
From the outset, Canada, the US, and every other country (with the possible exception of China) has been unable to formulate any rational plan for dealing with this pandemic. They have managed to shut down industries with employed thousands while supporting their airline buddies as much as possible.
We have situations, here in BC, where people are turning their neighbours in for having too many guests. This in places where there are no cases of covid, whatsoever.
My uncle, who is the same age as I (71) deliberately caught the virus (not recommended, mind you). For several days, he had to blow his nose more than usual. His wife, lost her sense of smell for four days. His daughter did not appear to catch it. He is 71, overweight but active, and he suffered no ill effects. I'm the same age, in better shape, and am not overly concerned. I will not line up to get injected with any of the available vaccines. Especially since doing so will not improve my life in any way. I'll still be forced to wear a mask, I still won't be able to attend matches with a turnout of more than ten people, and I will still have to put up with Dr, Bonnie's bullshit. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3496 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
I hear ya Bill. I am just thankful that I live out in the sticks and can shoot, hunt, and fish literally in my backyard. When we are forced to go to town for something and I have to wear a mask to go in the stores, my wife and I cannot stand to stay there for more than a couple of hours and then we have to get the hell out of there.

What really makes me laugh is all the people driving around all by themselves in their vehicle and they are all masked up. WTF?!

Oh well, not a damn thing we can do about it. Thankfully spring bear season starts in a few days and the ice is just about off the lake. Smiler

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1806 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have had my first vaccine and looks like I have to wait for a while to get #2.

I have lived my life without worrying about getting polio. I am sure that I grinned when I got that shot a week or so ago. And if the creek don't rise - in a few months I can get onto some big jet and resume the Good Life!

All the best, guys!

Posts: 1532 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scruffy:
I have had my first vaccine and looks like I have to wait for a while to get #2.

I have lived my life without worrying about getting polio. I am sure that I grinned when I got that shot a week or so ago. And if the creek don't rise - in a few months I can get onto some big jet and resume the Good Life!

All the best, guys!

There is a distinct possibility that, even if you don't want the vaccine, you won't have any choice if you want to travel. As I am sure you have noticed, there are more and more companies related to tourism that are talking about making it mandatory to produce a "vaccination passport" that shows you have been vaccinated.

I find that concept rather amusing, as at this point they already know that the vaccines do not preclude your catching the virus. They lessen the severity of symptoms and supposedly eliminate the need to be hospitalized. Vaccinated people could still catch Covid and potentially be infectious. There are several studies currently being done to determine this one way or the other.

What a shmoz.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1806 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Canuck32
posted Hide Post
What happens when the vaccine you may have gotten, isn’t approved by the country you want to go to and therefor you cannot travel there because of it?

If you have that much to fight for, then you should be fighting. The sentiment that modern day ordinary Canadians do not need firearms for protection is pleasant but unrealistic. To discourage responsible deserving Canadians from possessing firearms for lawful self-defence and other legitimate purposes is to risk sacrificing them at the altar of political correctness."

- Alberta Provincial Court Judge Demetrick

Posts: 615 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 17 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
These "vaccines" are considerably different than the Salk vaccine and polio is a considerably different disease than is covid-19. One is devastating in its effect and the other is, most of the time, a bad cold. One crippled and killed children while the other mostly hurts old folks.
One vaccine is nearly totally reliable while the others are only partially so. This is more than apples to oranges. More like apples to puppies. We have been sold a bill of goods and we seem happy to pay. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3496 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I see Whistler/Blackcomb has shut down. Is there another lockdown or restriction?

One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crane:
I see Whistler/Blackcomb has shut down. Is there another lockdown or restriction?

There has been a big increase in new cases, with a good portion of them being the variants. Here is a link that spells out the latest changes.

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021PREM0023-000578

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Looks like you boys are ready for re-education camps up North
Sorry for Western provinces that have to deal with Eastern rules
I was thinking about moose in BC but looks like that will be shelved for this year

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canuck32:
What happens when the vaccine you may have gotten, isn’t approved by the country you want to go to and therefor you cannot travel there because of it?

canuck32 it is our duty to not give up and fight that idea we do not need handguns nor guns for protection.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Canuck32:

Buddy, who is a real Shit disturber, showed up at the local drug store and told them he wanted the Sputnik vaccine, because it was 100% effective. Big Grin

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1580 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

So only people coming from the US carry the virus to sully your pure province? But not all those flights from China and India. Got it. SMH. - dan

"Intellectual truth is eternally one: moral or sentimental truth is a geographic and chronological accident that varies with the individual" R.F. Burton

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dan belisle:
quote:

So only people coming from the US carry the virus to sully your pure province? But not all those flights from China and India. Got it. SMH. - dan

Yes, Trudeau and his minions are a real pack of morons. They were a day late and a dollar short originally when the virus was identified in China. They just let the flights keep coming in, and they were just letting the flights from India keep coming, even though there were numerous passengers on these flights that tested positive. The only reason Trudeau halted Indian flights was because he had people coming at him from all directions asking why he was not stopping the flights.

Trudeau is a waste of oxygen.

One of Us
Picture of Nevada Wapati
posted Hide Post

Posts: 384 | Location: Carson City | Registered: 17 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nevada Wapati:
Damn, extended another month.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...RwhQ?ocid=uxbndlbing

Ya, I knew this was coming but honestly you can't count on anything as things just keep changing as we go along. Best info available now is that there may be some sort of opening happening by August, but it will definitely involve people being able to prove they have been fully vaccinated and doing the last minute tests. Not all of the provincial premiers are on the same page as to when they want to see the border opened, which makes things a bit messy.