THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CANADIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Canadian Hunting    Getting into Canada Do not Try.
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Getting into Canada Do not Try.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buzz4me2:
United Airlines announced this week immediate COVID testing with results prior to boarding the plane. They are going to use this to get people to Hawaii and when they land passengers will not need to quarantine for 14 days. Costs are $250 for the test and paid for by the passenger. If this is successful why wouldn’t Canada open up the boarder besides just stubbornness?

I don't think it's just Canadians getting tired of this shit.

https://globalnews.ca/news/735...atigue-pyschologist/

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1575 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
And saga continues and politicians are slowly but surely becoming public enemy number one
That is how I see it because this turned me against politicians more than just about anything else

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
As expected the government announced today that the US/Canada border will remain closed until at least November 21.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1806 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well, they wrecked all the other seasons. Why not wreck deer season as well.

Posts: 11905 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The outdoor recreation economy in Western Canada is being destroyed. Some of the B.C. businesses are OK due to their proximity to Vancouver but the rest not so much.

Posts: 1335 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Absolutely true, but even near Vancouver it is primarily relying on Canadian residents to provide some business. That is not enough...and with the resurgence of Covid case numbers that we are seeing in the US and Canada it is going to cause more people to shut down again and local provincial governments are likely to shut down certain venues again.

The negative affect on wilderness tourism, as in outfitters providing hunting and fishing opportunities, is horrendous. Sadly, this is global, not just in Western Canada. Any country that has a huge wilderness tourism industry is suffering badly and many operators are going to go down the tubes. The shut downs of these businesses will have many long term problems that the survivors will have to deal with.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1806 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Canuck32
posted Hide Post
Alberta is going to open up with a quick test program at Coutts border crossing and Calgary airport. Alberta pilot project

“ Today we announced a new pilot program that provides a safe alternative to the current 14-day quarantine requirement for returning international travellers. Beginning on Nov. 2, COVID-19 testing will be offered initially at two ports of entry into Canada: the Coutts land border crossing and the Calgary International Airport in Alberta. Travellers who participate will receive a COVID-19 test upon entry into Canada before proceeding into the required quarantine. Once the test comes back negative, they will then be allowed to leave their place of quarantine so long as they commit to getting a second test on day six or seven after arrival, at a community pharmacy participating in the pilot program. Participants will be closely monitored through daily symptoms checks. They will also be required to follow enhanced preventive health measures, such as wearing masks in public places and avoiding visiting high-risk groups.”

Posts: 615 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 17 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canuck32:
Alberta is going to open up with a quick test program at Coutts border crossing and Calgary airport. Alberta pilot project

“ Today we announced a new pilot program that provides a safe alternative to the current 14-day quarantine requirement for returning international travellers. Beginning on Nov. 2, COVID-19 testing will be offered initially at two ports of entry into Canada: the Coutts land border crossing and the Calgary International Airport in Alberta. Travellers who participate will receive a COVID-19 test upon entry into Canada before proceeding into the required quarantine. Once the test comes back negative, they will then be allowed to leave their place of quarantine so long as they commit to getting a second test on day six or seven after arrival, at a community pharmacy participating in the pilot program. Participants will be closely monitored through daily symptoms checks. They will also be required to follow enhanced preventive health measures, such as wearing masks in public places and avoiding visiting high-risk groups.”

unfortunately this is for Canadians, permanent residents and Foreign national that reside in Canada that have been travelling outside the country.
. It is a small step in the right direction but don't see Trudeau opening up borders until late spring.

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1227 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry to say, I wouldn't expect the Canadian border to open until Trump is gone and the USA gets more control over the spread of the virus. I think that there were 76,000 new cases of Covid 19 in the USA yesterday.

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3335 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
I'm afraid you are quite correct sir. We have done a pretty pathetic job of it so far and for no good reason.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2785 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cougars, Canada, is getting "spikes' in cases now. Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3335 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Brian,
Yes I saw that. Lots of European countries also spiking. Hopefully with doing the right thing for all concerned we all can work our way through this.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2785 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cougarz:
Brian,
Yes I saw that. Lots of European countries also spiking. Hopefully with doing the right thing for all concerned we all can work our way through this.

Cougarz...yes sir, parts of the EU are shutting down again. Canada is spiking. Many areas in the US are out of control. With this just being the start of what they call the "flu season" that so many medical types were worried about, it is hard to say what is going to happen over the next few months. One thing is for sure, it makes it hard to plan any hunts when you do not know which door is going to close on you in the near future. What a mess.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess Canada won't be opening up until Trudeau is gone and y'all can get a handle on this Roll Eyes

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is the status now ?

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mboga biga bwana:
What is the status now ?

If you're a politician or government big wig, No Problem. Big Grin

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

Posts: 1575 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grizzly Adams1:
quote:
Originally posted by mboga biga bwana:
What is the status now ?

If you're a politician or government big wig, No Problem. Big Grin

Grizz

Unfortunately Not

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
mbb.....as of today, here is a link to Govt of Canada website with the new travel restrictions. Canada/US border remains closed except for essential travel in both directions, plus the new restrictions.

https://www.canada.ca/en/trans...national-travel.html

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skyline:
mbb.....as of today, here is a link to Govt of Canada website with the new travel restrictions. Canada/US border remains closed except for essential travel in both directions, plus the new restrictions.

https://www.canada.ca/en/trans...national-travel.html

Thanks Skyline

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

one of us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps now the border closing has evolved into a pissing contest over the cancellation of the Keystone XL Pipeline. With testing there is no other reason. The border could be safely opened tomorrow. Biden has screwed over Montana and the Dakotas while Trudeau has managed to screw over all of Canada, particularly the Provinces with heavy tourist trade. Alaska's cruise ship industry is likely gone for 2021 due to Trudeau's policy. Most of those ships route through Vancouver. I know several "essential" folks who come and go at will.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Canada just wants to have less Covid not more covid.

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Gee Crying Brian...really?

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.

“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Brian- Perhaps you can enlighten us on what the policy is for those termed "essential". From what I know (and stand to be corrected if needed) these folks are going back and forth at will, without testing. Aren't most of the Covid cases in Canada found in Montreal and Toronto? Thinking I have read less than 1% traced to border.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Crane, I don't know much about what they mean by "essential". I will google it.

Yes, Eastern Canada has it the worst but we are getting more in BC and the west. I live in a little city in south central BC and we are pretty locked down. Schools are still open.

Your 1% figure might be right. I don't know. I will get back to you.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I should add that I don't think that Trudeau has "screwed over Canada". I am very grateful for the way that the federal government has handled this.
In BC, our chief medical officer, Dr Bonnie Henry has done an excellent job. We still have too many idiots that don't follow the simple guidelines.

In light of the way the USA has handled Covid 19, I hope our southern border stays locked tighter than a drum.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here are the rules for traveling to and from Canada via USA.
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-co...content=488204120381

One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.canada.ca/en/publi...l-health-advice.html

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Government of Canada expands restrictions to international travel by land and air

News release
February 12, 2021 | Ottawa, ON | Government of Canada

Canada has some of the strictest travel and border measures in the world, including a mandatory 14-day quarantine for everyone returning to the country. With new COVID-19 variant detections increasing in the country, the Government of Canada is announcing today further testing and quarantine requirements for international travellers arriving to Canada’s air and land ports of entry. These new measures will help prevent variants of concern from reaccelerating the pandemic and making it more difficult to contain.

For travellers arriving to Canada by land, as of February 15, 2021, all travellers, with some exceptions, will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 molecular test result taken in the United States within 72 hours of pre-arrival, or a positive test taken 14 to 90 days prior to arrival. In addition, as of February 22, 2021, travellers entering Canada at the land border will be required to take a COVID-19 molecular test on arrival as well as toward the end of their 14-day quarantine.

All travellers arriving to Canada by air, as of February 22, 2021, with some exceptions, will be required to take a COVID-19 molecular test when they arrive in Canada before exiting the airport, and another toward the end of their 14-day quarantine period. With limited exceptions, air travellers, will also be required to reserve, prior to departure to Canada, a 3-night stay in a government-authorized hotel. Travellers will be able to book their government-authorized stay starting February 18, 2021. These new measures are in addition to existing mandatory pre-boarding and health requirements for air travellers.

Finally, at the same time on February 22, 2021, all travellers, whether arriving by land or air will be required to submit their travel and contact information, including a suitable quarantine plan, electronically via ArriveCAN before crossing the border or boarding a flight.

The Government of Canada continues to strongly advise Canadians to cancel or postpone any non-essential travel, including vacation plans, outside Canada. Foreign nationals should likewise postpone or cancel travel plans to Canada. Now is not the time to travel.

Quotes
“I want to thank Canadians who continue to make sacrifices to protect each other from COVID-19. We continue to detect variants of concerns, and this is why we are putting these additional measures in place. Now is not the time to travel, so please cancel any plans you might have."

The Honourable Patty Hajdu
Minister of Health
“With these additional COVID testing requirements and safety measures at the land border we are taking extra steps to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and its variants. As we do for air travel, we are now also requiring travellers by land to provide information using ArriveCAN to facilitate processing and limit points of contacts between border services officers and travellers. We’ll always prioritize the health and safety of Canadians as we make decisions.”

The Honourable Bill Blair
Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness
“We’re moving forward with these critical measures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and the introduction of new variants of the virus into Canada. At the same time, we recognize the importance of the continued movement of goods and the ongoing delivery of essential services in Canada. Our government’s response to this pandemic includes necessary measures to protect the health and safety of Canadians while keeping our economy going.”

The Honourable Omar Alghabra
Minister of Transport
Quick facts
Canadians citizens, persons registered under the Indian Act and permanent residents arriving by land to Canada, who do not present a valid COVID-19 molecular test, will be allowed entry, but may be subject to a fine of up to $3,000 per day or face criminal prosecution. Travellers may also be required to go to a designated quarantine facility if they are symptomatic on arrival at the border, or do not have a suitable quarantine plan.

Foreign nationals who have obtained an exemption to enter Canada, will be refused entry, with limited exceptions, if they do not have a valid COVID-19 molecular test result.

Failure to provide accurate information is an offence under the Quarantine Act. In addition, violating any quarantine or isolation instructions provided to travellers by a screening officer or quarantine officer when entering Canada is an offence under the Quarantine Act and could lead to serious penalties, including 6 months in prison and/or $750,000 in fines.

Exemptions continue to be in place to ensure that economic supply chains continue between Canada and the U.S. The Government of Canada is closely engaging the Biden Administration on our respective border measures and we continue to keep the lines of communication open.

Associated links
Infographic for travellers arriving by air
Infographic for travellers arriving by land
Backgrounder - Additional testing and more stringent quarantine requirements for travel to Canada
COVID-19: Travel, quarantine and borders
COVID-19 measures, updates, and guidance issued by Transport Canada
ArriveCAN
Group Exemption from Quarantine under 6(e) of the Order
Contacts
Media Relations
Public Health Agency of Canada
613-957-2983
hc.media.sc@canada.ca

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is a better/shorter page.

Canada refines definition of “essential travel” during coronavirus
Even foreigners who are exempt from coronavirus travel restrictions have to demonstrate they are coming to Canada for an essential reason
Shelby Thevenot
Shelby Thevenot
Published on May 1st, 2020 at 03:00am EDT
Updated on May 19th, 2020 at 11:12am EDT
Aa
ACCESSIBILITY

8.2kShares
With travel restrictions still in place, Canada has clarified what types of trips are considered “essential” in order to gauge which travellers should be let into the country.

Foreigners who are exempt from Canada’s coronavirus travel restrictions, such as temporary foreign workers, immediate family members of Canadians, and certain international students, must demonstrate the purpose of their trip is for an essential reason. In the government’s words, the reason must be “non-optional” or “non-discretionary.”

Meanwhile, the mandatory quarantine period for new arrivals and the restriction on travel for sick individuals are still at play. With few exceptions, everyone who enters Canada from abroad must undergo 14 days of self-isolation. Furthermore, they must demonstrate that they have an adequate quarantine plan.

Find out if you are eligible for any Canadian immigration programs

At the end of the day, it is up to the officer to assess whether or not the reason for the trip is permissible for entry to Canada.

Some of the travel purposes that are considered essential may be:

economic services and supply chains;
providing service that is essential to the health, safety, security, or economic well-being of Canadians and the government, in other words, “critical infrastructure support;”
health (immediate medical care), safety and security;
supporting Indigenous communities;
transiting through Canada for essential purposes;
studying in Canada if approved before March 18, 2020, Canada is still accepting applications for international students and will advise them when travel opens to them;
tending to sick family members who have no one else to help them in Canada; or
any other activities that are deemed “non-optional” or “non-discretionary” by the Canadian government.
The government defines “optional” or “discretionary” travel as coming to Canada for the purposes of tourism, recreation, and entertainment among others. Some examples of trips that the government does not consider essential include:

visiting family for a vacation;
coming to Canada for the birth of a new family member, although they may make an exception for the baby’s parent;
visiting a secondary home even for the purposes of upkeep and maintenance; or
attending the funeral of a family member, as quarantine measures in Canada already limit the number of attendees allowed at funerals under provincial restrictions.
What about family reunification?
Family ties will not automatically qualify as essential travel. Travelling family members of Canadian citizens and permanent residents must prove that they are travelling for an essential reason such as:

taking up full-time residence in Canada, which includes prospective permanent residents as well as temporary residents who are coming to Canada to live with immediate family members;
caring for sick family members or family members who are otherwise unable to care for themselves when no other arrangements can be made, the 14-day quarantine for travellers will still factor into whether the travel is considered discretionary; or
shared custody agreement across borders, as this would be in compliance with a court order.
This is not an exhaustive list. Foreigners are also allowed to spend the pandemic period with their immediate Canadian family members to help ensure each other’s health, safety, and well-being. This allows families to be together during this difficult time, the government webpage says.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This covers it all. Brian

https://www.google.com/search?...EAY&biw=1107&bih=590

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Basically, I would say don't come to Canada unless you have to.

My wife and I would love to hang out in Texas or Florida for a couple of weeks. It's cold enough to freeze the nuts of a jeep up here. But, we won't even go out for dinner in Kamloops. I want to live and let live!

one of us
posted Hide Post
The folks I am acquainted with are falling under "economic services and supply chains". I would not consider any of them "essential" to anything, yet they come and go with no testing requirements.
In the process of cancelling yet another trip north. This will the third, scheduled for July. Don't see how you can survive in tourism after year two of this. So sad.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes it is sad. Brian

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Besides when we in US will have herd immunity, you guys up North will be still scared shitless of this Chink shit
In US, cases started dropping, which means maybe we are accomplishing that
Countries with strictest of rules, they still got it coming

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian Canada:
Basically, I would say don't come to Canada unless you have to.

My wife and I would love to hang out in Texas or Florida for a couple of weeks. It's cold enough to freeze the nuts of a jeep up here. But, we won't even go out for dinner in Kamloops. I want to live and let live!

I've heard a couple of scare stories of snow birds getting the virus and being stuck with horrendous medical bills their insurance wouldn't cover.

Grizz

James R. Doolitle

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've heard a couple of scare stories of snow birds getting the virus and being stuck with horrendous medical bills their insurance wouldn't cover.

I am in Yuma now the number of people around for the winter is easily down by 50%.

We normally get lots of Canadians here.

If this restrictions last through this summer I wonder how many resorts and outfitters will go under.

Posts: 19308 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Feel sorry for countries with strict lockdowns as you cannot lock this virus away and sooner or later it ( virus ) will come back to haunt you

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
What I find most interesting is the reference to testing or proof of past infection needed to cross the border. What about proof of immunization?

Seems the whole world has lost the ability to apply critical thinking.

Unless you want to jump on an airplane or spend ridiculous money on the Alaska Marine Highway we Alaskans are now living on an island.

Cheers
Jim

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7569 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim- The Governor and your Congressional folks need to jump on that arcane law making the cruise ships stop in Canada yesterday. If something is not done on this in the next month 2021 is lost. Glitter Gulch might dry up and blow away. Canada is committing economic suicide. No need for Alaska to suffer another disastrous year.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skyline:
If it was something legit and considered "essential travel" then arrangements would have been made in advance between US and Canadian agencies to facilitate the crossing. But then I fully expect that the vast majority of Americans do not even know the border is closed, I know most of my old hunters thatI talk to didn't. As they have said, the US news/media doesn't really report much on what is going on in Canada as most people down there don't give a shit.

Lots of Alaskans with jobs outside with documented proof are told it is up to the Border patrol to allow entry. No way I know to have travel preauthorized. Several of my neighbors that sold their houses with jobs in the lower 48 were told they could be turned back at the border. This was when the border was somewhat open for restricted travel.

kk alaska