THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CANADIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Canadian Hunting    Getting into Canada Do not Try.
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Getting into Canada Do not Try.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted
My brother in law was refused entry into Canada just now. He flew into Seattle and drove up to border post. He is a produce inspector and had letters from US Depart of Ag as well as NC Commissioner of Ag.

Canada would not let him in. If he goes to another border post and tries to enter he can be denied entry for up to four years and can face criminal charges.

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Why did he think he even could? Didn't he bother to check it out before flying?
Roll Eyes

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2790 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cougarz:
Why did he think he even could? Didn't he bother to check it out before flying?
Roll Eyes

X2. We've had Americans claiming to be going to Alaska apprehended here. Very substantial fine. We take Closed Border very seriously and your Shit show isn't helping any. What the Hell would a NC, North Carolina ? produce inspector need to do in Canada ??

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1585 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
If it was something legit and considered "essential travel" then arrangements would have been made in advance between US and Canadian agencies to facilitate the crossing. But then I fully expect that the vast majority of Americans do not even know the border is closed, I know most of my old hunters thatI talk to didn't. As they have said, the US news/media doesn't really report much on what is going on in Canada as most people down there don't give a shit.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1808 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Had no idea that Canada was closed; no reason to go there, especially now.

Posts: 17094 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grizzly Adams1:
X2. We've had Americans claiming to be going to Alaska apprehended here. Very substantial fine. We take Closed Border very seriously and your Shit show isn't helping any. What the Hell would a NC, North Carolina ? produce inspector need to do in Canada ??

Grizz

Perfect!! tu2

Posts: 2350 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skyline:
If it was something legit and considered "essential travel" then arrangements would have been made in advance between US and Canadian agencies to facilitate the crossing. But then I fully expect that the vast majority of Americans do not even know the border is closed, I know most of my old hunters thatI talk to didn't. As they have said, the US news/media doesn't really report much on what is going on in Canada as most people down there don't give a shit.

Exactly what I was wondering. If the travel was essential it would have the appropriate permissions taken care of before hand.

I guess it does appear most more southerly states don't know what's going on. Since I live on a boarder state it's common knowledge. The BC/Washington border in a few places is no more than Americans on one side of a street and Canadians on the other. The street itself is the actual border.

Hopefully we down here will eventually get it together and quit this stupid crying about not wearing a mask and a few other things and get through this mess. Roll Eyes

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2790 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I heard correctly, even a Canadian citizen returning to Canada from the US must quarantine for 14 days. We have a close friend in Colorado who is a Canadian citizen that told us that.

I suspect that if the USA had close our borders earlier and especially to all flights from China and Chinese travelers, we may not have the mess we have.

According to CNN, 430,000 Chinese travelers entered the US from China after the first cases showed up in China in November. Most came thru NYC and Seattle.

Posts: 10133 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Let's be clear here, Canada didn't just close the border. There were and are ongoing discussions between Canada and the US on the border closure. Our countries jointly made the decision to close the border and what constituted "essential travel". The extensions to the closure have also been mutually agreed upon.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1808 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I suspect that if the USA had close our borders earlier and especially to all flights from China and Chinese travelers, we may not have the mess we have.

That goes for everyone, way too much navel gazing in the early stages.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

Posts: 1585 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

That goes for everyone, way too much navel gazing in the early stages.

Grizz

Yes our government was guilty of this as well. Should have shut the gates a good four to six weeks earlier than they did, but our politicians were too busy trying to avoid the "racist" label by appearing to be down on the Chinese people.

One of Us
Picture of Canuck32
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
If I heard correctly, even a Canadian citizen returning to Canada from the US must quarantine for 14 days. We have a close friend in Colorado who is a Canadian citizen that told us that.

According to CNN, 430,000 Chinese travelers entered the US from China after the first cases showed up in China in November. Most came thru NYC and Seattle.

US closed the borders before Canada did. Trudeau allowed China flights to continue with no screening or quarantine.
In that last 2 weeks Canada has had 26 travellers in via air who were showing COVID symptoms and then tested positive for Wuhan flu.

There has been several cases of US travellers saying they were headed through to Alaska and ended up being found touristing and then returning to border, never actually heading to Alaska

RCMP fined 7 Americans

If you have that much to fight for, then you should be fighting. The sentiment that modern day ordinary Canadians do not need firearms for protection is pleasant but unrealistic. To discourage responsible deserving Canadians from possessing firearms for lawful self-defence and other legitimate purposes is to risk sacrificing them at the altar of political correctness."

- Alberta Provincial Court Judge Demetrick

Posts: 615 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 17 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here are some Washington State/Canada covid 19 stats from a couple of days ago.

WA State confirmed cases 51,864. deaths 1,534

BC Canada confirmed cases 3,392. deaths 190

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3336 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian Canada:

I wonder how many people in Canada were pulling guns on others because they were asked to wear a mask in the supermarket??

I know we are supposed to "free" to decide what we should wear, but the situation in this case is vastly different

One infected idiot can change how our lives are.

The UAE and Sweden have roughly the same population.

Sweden's are spread over a very large area, we are mostly confined together in large cities.

Sweden took an open attitude of nothing is happening.

We took drastic measure.

They had curfews late at night, where they disinfected all public areas.

Sweden had 78,997 infected, with 5,697 dead. That is 7.2%

The UAE has one of the highest rate of tests, almost half the population were tested!

Infected were 58,913, deaths were 344! That is 0.58 %

The US has 4,371,839 infected, and 149,849 deaths. That is 3.4%

Can anyone make any sense of this?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66907 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Sure, easy to make sense of.

We have a president who called it all a fake and has still to this day basically done little to nothing other than continually trying to blame it on everybody and everything else.

Point is no we could not have completely stopped it no matter what but we could have done so much more with all the medical experts who DID give plenty of early warning if they only would have been taken seriously.

(Oh I can hear the trumpees getting tuned up as I write). sofa

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

I wonder how many people in Canada were pulling guns on others because they were asked to wear a mask in the supermarket??

I know we are supposed to "free" to decide what we should wear, but the situation in this case is vastly different

Sweden's are spread over a very large area, we are mostly confined together in large cities.

We took drastic measure.

The UAE has one of the highest rate of tests, almost half the population were tested!

The majority of people in your part of the world live like pigs anyway.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grubbs:
quote:
quote:

We took drastic measure.

I would rather be a live pig than a dead human! rotflmo

Posts: 66907 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

We took drastic measure.

Well , Saeed, maybe this fellow is referring to Canada? Whatever, he may not have Covid but surely he is infected with something.

Posts: 1533 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scruffy:
quote:
quote:
quote:

We took drastic measure.

Well , Saeed, maybe this fellow is referring to Canada? Whatever, he may not have Covid but surely he is infected with something.

We have to humor the brain dead!

Regardless of nationality! clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

We have a president who called it all a fake and has still to this day basically done little to nothing other than continually trying to blame it on everybody and everything else.

Point is no we could not have completely stopped it no matter what but we could have done so much more with all the medical experts who DID give plenty of early warning if they only would have been taken seriously.

Good Lord the butt hurt and TDS in your post is almost palpable. You must have multiple safe spaces. rotflmo

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Posts: 246 | Location: US of A | Registered: 03 April 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bull Sprig:
quote:

Good Lord the butt hurt and TDS in your post is almost palpable. You must have multiple safe spaces. rotflmo

No I'm not the one with my head up their emperors butt. animal

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Sorry Old Man, part of the blame has to be laid on WHO who downplayed the original outbreak and dilly dallied on counter measures.

Grizz

James R. Doolitle

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Obongo would have snapped his magic fingers and made it go away......anything as long as it improved his legacy in his own mind. If it weren't for this wet dream of a year for the liberal idiots with its double whammy of covid and the black/anarchist free for all Trump would've been re-elected in the biggest landslide in history. Results matter most (economy, security, markets, unemployment, trade, etc.) but the democrats may win based entirely on Trump's lack of presidential etiquette. Imagine an entire party based on feelings and social nonsense.

One of Us
Picture of Canuck32
posted Hide Post
As of July 27- Alberta 4.5 million people. tested over 550,000, 11,000 positive test, 187 deaths. Average age of death 83 years.

Only 1 death had no comorbidities. 70% of deaths had 3 or more comorbidities.

Posts: 615 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 17 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, and Joe Biden wouldn't have stopped travel from china......

Posts: 41766 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
But they weren't the president at the time and didn't call it fake news. Don't try to change the subject. rotflmo

But back to the real original subject.

The local news ran a story this evening about the differences in response between the US & Canada and why the border remains closed. The story made it quite clear just why this is happening. Big difference in how each country responded to the pandemic unfortunately. We in the states have a lot of work to do.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was planning an Alaskan trip, only a negative Covid test required, but he chances of picking the bug up seem extreme and my fellow Canadians might not let me return. Big Grin

James R. Doolitle

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is 6 active cases in the entire province where I live and for whatever reason we have been amongst the lowest in Canada. Entering into Canada is a privilege that most people have taken for granted especially our neighbours to the south sharing the same borders. Because of the low numbers, our economy is booming and I’m run off my feet work wise and I wish to continue to see this trend. All of our amazing lakes have had a huge relief from being over fished by foreigners and I’ve now been able to book a moose and mountain goat hunt for reasonable rates with my fellow Canadian outfitters helping them out! Drew an elk tag also so for once I will be enjoying adventures in my own country and not abroad this year. Sorry, but we have for the most part been socially responsible and I don’t foresee our borders opening anytime soon rewarding those that have not done their part.

Posts: 623 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

We took drastic measure.

Saeed, let me help you a bit with the math. The USA has a population a bit over 326,000,000. With a rounded off number of COVID deaths of 150,000; that equals 0.00046% of the population of USA. That is 4/10,000’s of 1%.

Posts: 3851 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AR MAN:
There is 6 active cases in the entire province where I live and for whatever reason we have been amongst the lowest in Canada. Entering into Canada is a privilege that most people have taken for granted especially our neighbours to the south sharing the same borders. Because of the low numbers, our economy is booming and I’m run off my feet work wise and I wish to continue to see this trend. All of our amazing lakes have had a huge relief from being over fished by foreigners and I’ve now been able to book a moose and mountain goat hunt for reasonable rates with my fellow Canadian outfitters helping them out! Drew an elk tag also so for once I will be enjoying adventures in my own country and not abroad this year. Sorry, but we have for the most part been socially responsible and I don’t foresee our borders opening anytime soon rewarding those that have not done their part.

I guess it has nothing to do with the population of your whole province being so sparse.....less than 1.5M people.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Having a sparce population plays into that equation but do the math and divide by 8 active people. Also not allowing an influx of infected southerners flood into our “sparce” population...

My advice is to enjoy your own country for this year

Posts: 623 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

There's actually an opportunity for us Canadians to enjoy out own country for once. Wink

James R. Doolitle

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

There's actually an opportunity for us Canadians to enjoy out own country for once. Wink

As long as you listen to the native people's rules. rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bull sprig I call bull shit on your thoughts archer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

As long as you listen to the native people's rules. rotflmo

Big Grin

Posts: 41766 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bull sprig I call bull shit on your thoughts archer

Lighten up cupcake. I love conservative Canadians.....liberal ones not so much.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok Sugar sounds like we can agree on politics.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Update in BC Canada covid 19 situation.

29 new cases today and 5 covid19 patience in hospitals.

Too many USA citizens have been touring BC after telling the border officials that they are going to go straight to Alaska. So the Canadian border officials are registering these Americans when they come to the Canadian border and they are given enough time to get to the Alaskan border by a direct route. Several USA travellers have recently been fined for touring around BC after they have registered at the border as bound for Alaska.

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3336 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Hope the fine is a stiff one. Being stupid helps no one.....

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Two very sensible posts from both sides of the fence. On the bright side I’ve now also added a mule deer archery hunt on to my plate this year. I can’t seem to stop pulling the trigger on these newly priced Canadian hunts!! By far my busiest hunting year ever and it’s in my own country, go figure lol