THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CANADIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Canadian Hunting    Ralph Goodale plans to “increase gun safety and reduce gun violence”

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ralph Goodale plans to “increase gun safety and reduce gun violence”
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
here we are again ....

https://canadianfirearmsblog.c...increase-gun-safety/

Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale writes letter on on 27th anniversary of Polytechnique massacre, is “developing [a] detailed plan” to “increase gun safety and reduce gun violence”

In a letter to Public Safety portfolio employees, Safety Minister Ralph Goodale declared that he and Public Safety Canada are “developing [a] detailed plan needed to deliver on [their] commitments to increase gun safety and reduce gun violence.”

According to the letter, which was made public on Public Safety Canada’s website, part of this plan is to reconstitute a firearms advisory committee that is supposedly to include experts in law enforcement, public health, agriculture, hunting, and recreation.

Of note, however, was also the inclusion of experts from “women’s groups” – something that has been questioned by members the firearms industry who contend that emotion should not be used to undermine facts when determining federal policies and legislation.

It is clear that the current government is intent on fulfilling its election platform on the issue of gun control, but exactly how they plan to achieve their goal remains to be seen.

The announcement comes on the 27th anniversary of the École Polytechnique massacre where 25-year-old Marc Lépine shot and stabbed 14 women and wounded 14 others before taking his own life at the Montréal engineering school in December of 1989.

The event has been used as a regular talking point for many gun control advocacy groups, notably the Coalition for Gun Control lead by outspoken busybody Wendy Cukier, and was a major factor for the ushering in of Bill C-68, more widely known as the Firearms Act, by Jean Chretien’s Liberal government in 1995 thus defining Canadian gun laws as we know them today.

https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca...str-20161206-en.aspx

Letter to Public Safety Porfolio Employees on the National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women

To: All Portfolio Employees
Date: Tuesday, December 6, 2016
Subject National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women

December 6th marks the anniversary of the murder of 14 female engineering students at l'École Polytechnique de Montréal in 1989. These 14 individuals lost their lives because they were women. Every year we commemorate the tragic loss of these women and others like them on this National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women.

Today is an opportunity to speak out and to take action. I encourage you to:

wear a white ribbon to show your support for victims of gender-based violence;
start a conversation with family and friends about violence against women;
engage youth in a discussion about gender-based violence; or
join the conversation on social media by using the hashtag #ActionsMatter.

My Cabinet colleague, Minister Patty Hajdu, is leading a vital government-wide initiative to raise awareness about gender-based violence in Canada and to end the fear and suffering it causes. I am proud of the work done across my Portfolio to support Minister Hajdu's efforts - in government, with the public and online.

Within my own mandate, Public Safety Canada is developing the detailed plan needed to deliver on our commitments to increase gun safety and reduce gun violence. We will soon be assisted by a reconstituted Firearms Advisory Committee including expertise from law enforcement, public health and women's groups along with agriculture, hunting and recreation.

I was also mandated by the Prime Minister to ensure that all parts of this Portfolio provide workplaces free from harassment and sexual violence. Together, we must all lead by example in the way we conduct ourselves, both on-the-job and off.

Let's make a difference for the better every day.

Yours sincerely,

Ralph Goodale
Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness

hope this time all in our country will be on our side ...

Posts: 1730 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
All sounds good on paper but these politicians will never get the fact that you cannot legislate human behavior
Common folks need to protect themselves before law arrives
We cannot afford bodyguards like these politicians
Do politicians call 911? No, they have hired guns
So what are we suppose to do?

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
is “developing [a] detailed plan” to “increase gun safety and reduce gun violence”

So he is planning on screwing the Canadian gun owners over.

Posts: 19355 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
iirc, there were several studies showing that about 95% of the people who would enjoy hurting other people could be identified in kindergarten.

Perhaps they will emulate the Nazi ovens for those who flunk the exam...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
We will see...... as with most career politicians Ralph baby is so full of himself. At this point it is hard to say what they are going to come up with, but with a Liberal government it won't be good. All of us know that.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1808 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Goodale is no friend to hunters and other firearms owners. Just another leftwing Liberal flunky, embarrassing the people from Regina who he pretends to represent. - dan

"Intellectual truth is eternally one: moral or sentimental truth is a geographic and chronological accident that varies with the individual" R.F. Burton

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Put together the usual committee of woman's issues and gun haters. Goodale, just another fossil from a bygone era.

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:
is “developing [a] detailed plan” to “increase gun safety and reduce gun violence”

So he is planning on screwing the Canadian gun owners over.

Yes that's the Liberals plan here in Canada
flame

Posts: 482 | Location: British Columbia Canada  | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Goodale was hated as a politician in provincial politics so in order for residents to be rid of him at the provincial level they voted him in at the Federal level to get him off their backs... little did they realize what they were doing...

Posts: 98 | Location: Fraser Valley B.C. | Registered: 07 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saskatchewan Liberal Party...an oxymoron of sorts... That guys been a dirty cotton rocksucker from way back. Al Franken,s funky twin from another mother, just without any history of at one time being funny. At least not humorous kinda funny...

Anyhoo, can,t help hoping he gets run over by a Zamboni, tragic curling rink accident, something...

Posts: 806 | Location: Ketchikan, Alaska | Registered: 24 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote