sheephunterab
one of us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Sep 17, 10:59 AM Hide Post
Hunt: Tur in Azerbaijan
Dates: Sept 5-11, 2013
Outfitter: Bryan Martin, Asian Mountain Outfitters
Gear: RMR 270WSM, 130 grain GMX, Zeiss 4.5-14x44 with Rapid Z 800

Posts: 100 | Location: The island in the east | Registered: 13 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
Haha....I had a couple messages on here telling me to stop wasting my breath on you chin and pointing out the obvious....there's only one person that would so desperately try to derail a thread about a convicted poacher. Smiler

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sheephunterab:
The judge kind of took care of that issue with the 10-year outfitting suspension.

I'm not so sure about that.

We'll have to see the actual court ruling and interpretation before concluding that this stops a person from owning and profiting from an outfitting business.

"a ten year prohibition from providing guiding services for ten years, and a two year ban from holding a recreational hunting licence or accompanying or assisting anyone in hunting for two years."

It's too bad that we are relying on the unpredictable actions of the courts to determine how Outfitters/guides are "held to a heightened responsibility", when the governments and the outfitter governing body (APOS) could and should do this directly and accurately.

Posts: 48 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 13 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walking buffalo:
quote:
Originally posted by sheephunterab:
The judge kind of took care of that issue with the 10-year outfitting suspension.

I'm not so sure about that.

We'll have to see the actual court ruling and interpretation before concluding that this stops a person from owning and profiting from an outfitting business.

"a ten year prohibition from providing guiding services for ten years, and a two year ban from holding a recreational hunting licence or accompanying or assisting anyone in hunting for two years."

It's too bad that we are relying on the unpredictable actions of the courts to determine how Outfitters/guides are "held to a heightened responsibility", when the governments and the outfitter governing body (APOS) could and should do this directly and accurately.

Isn't a conviction kind of a pre-req to being on the APOS board of directors?

Posts: 100 | Location: The island in the east | Registered: 13 June 2013Reply With Quote