Find
Notify
Tools

Open
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Arrived Canada yesterday.
Outside of WestJet being understaffed and Priority line taking 1 hour to check in, then flight delayed 1 1/2 hours trying to get passengers checked in. Once in Canada no problem if you had all paperwork , tests , and documentation .
4WD

Posts: 654 | Location: Western USA | Registered: 08 September 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good going! Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3335 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bull Sprig:
quote:
Originally posted by Brian Canada:
The USA is tightening the border up. I would not be surprised if Canada does too.

Biden's America is tightening the border up? Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Thank you......I needed a good laugh this morning.

The USA recently closed the Canadian land border for road travellers.
( Bull Sprig You are an ill-mannered, disrespectful person.)

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3335 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
Reports of vaccinated folks heading south from Alaska sound pretty good. My neighbor went through at Beaver Creek yesterday without issue.

We hope to head out late September.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7567 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It sounds like the USA will keep its northern ground border closed until Oct 21, 2021. Brian

One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
quote:
It sounds like the USA will keep its northern ground border closed until Oct 21, 2021. Brian

Brian...not much of a shock there. Smiler Good to see how well coordinated things have been between Trudeau and Biden. Smiler lol

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1806 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Skyline, Chuckle, Yes, they operate in real harmony, don't they. Brian

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
We all deserve them
We need back US Trump and Canadian Trump
Actually joke aside, we need bordeless border and one currency and people working on both side without any special permits…
I know I’m dreaming butif Europe can do it so could we

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's a real Shit Show here in Alberta and I'm worried we'll be selected out for special treatment. I know some people hauling horses back and forth and it seems to be no problem for commercial haulers. I was hoping to go to Alasaka about this time.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1573 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian

( Bull Sprig You are an ill-mannered, disrespectful person.)

Sorry you feel that way because neither of those characterizations are accurate. I will occasionally slip up and call someone out for gibberish however. Stay well my sensitive friend.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Posts: 244 | Location: US of A | Registered: 03 April 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"gibberish"?

One of Us
Picture of wesley timmerman
posted Hide Post
Flew into Canada through Calgary on Sept. 11, had zero problems with proper test results and normal paperwork, hunt was great, on return trip back to US a rapid test was require,called a testing lab that came by the hotel in Calgary,swabbed my nose and emailed me results within 30 minutes($93 Cad),the next moring at the airport people that elected to get tested at the airport with results in 15mins for $98Cad were being told that results may take 2hrs due to volume and understaffed at the testing site, I know some folks were missing their initial flight out, DO Not get your test at the airport,search for testing labs that do mobile test, it really saved my trip back home and its just to easy,pretty sure the company name was Haztech, everything was pretty well organized on both sides if you did what you were suppose to do. I realize thats a stretch for some folks though lol

Posts: 671 | Location: south carolina | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wesley timmerman:
Flew into Canada through Calgary on Sept. 11, had zero problems with proper test results and normal paperwork, hunt was great, on return trip back to US a rapid test was require,called a testing lab that came by the hotel in Calgary,swabbed my nose and emailed me results within 30 minutes($93 Cad),the next moring at the airport people that elected to get tested at the airport with results in 15mins for $98Cad were being told that results may take 2hrs due to volume and understaffed at the testing site, I know some folks were missing their initial flight out, DO Not get your test at the airport,search for testing labs that do mobile test, it really saved my trip back home and its just to easy,pretty sure the company name was Haztech, everything was pretty well organized on both sides if you did what you were suppose to do. I realize thats a stretch for some folks though lol

Thanks for letting everyone know how the flights and testing went for you in both directions. Glad to hear you had a great hunt.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1806 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
wesley,
Good news. Thanks for reporting it. That will be very helpful to many.

One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
Thanks Wesley,

Glad you had a good hunt.

Im 5 weeks out! Man i got to stop worrying about shooting things with pointy sticks and get focused on this hunt.

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Order a test kit from Bionex Now and do the test via zoom from your hotel room. Did this in Edmonton a few weeks back and it was a piece of cake and only costs $66 for 2 kits. One as a backup and they only sell a minimum of 2 kits at a time. Just make sure you buy the kit that includes a call with the medical group.

This test will not get you into Canada but will get you back home.

Mike

Posts: 45 | Location: Bay Area, California | Registered: 17 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
It may be a good idea if we have a new topic highlighted where members can contribute info on testing options that work for the border crossing in both directions. Always easier if one doesn’t have to wade through lots of posts looking for relevant information.

This pandemic and the constantly changing requirements are going to be with us for a long time. Information specific to borders crossing between Canada and the US will be of use to a lot of us.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buzz, is this what you ordered? Did you take it with you from the US?

Heading to Calgary in November and working to get my proverbial ducks rowed up

Thanks

https://www.cvs.com/shop/abbot...&cjdata=MXxOfDB8WXww

Posts: 145 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 02 January 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You need the eMed version, which is different that the one you linked

https://www.emed.com/airline-travel

https://www.abbott.com/corpnew...your-travel-now.html

Posts: 756 | Location: California | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bobby

One of Us
posted Hide Post
For anyone doing the Binax DIY test, the new link to order the kits is https://store.optum.com/shop/p...ome-test-kit-2-pack/

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the late reply but looks like you got it figured out. Good luck.

Mike

Posts: 45 | Location: Bay Area, California | Registered: 17 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No problem at all, thanks Mike