The Accurate Reloading Forums
Open

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7621043/m/5491097562

06 May 2021, 17:11
boarkiller
Open
You boys ever gonna open borders?
By now, it seems literally overboard to be still locked up with vaccines going in full swing

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”
07 May 2021, 17:47
crane
From what I am hearing a big NO. Had a July trip just cancelled. Canada can't seem to get the needles in the arms. Last I heard it was under 4% of the population fully vaccinated. Sucks.
08 May 2021, 00:00
69deer
Hopefully we can cross if we can show our proof of getting vaccinated. My doctor said that is going to be protocall shortly. He lived in South America and said they are going to be changing to that shortly.
09 May 2021, 05:47
Demonical
protocol
09 May 2021, 06:05
medved
they will eventually open them but i doubt the vaccine will help.

they re controlling the population ...

multiple wannabe dictators are in love with the control on us.
09 May 2021, 19:30
boarkiller
quote:
Originally posted by medved:
they will eventually open them but i doubt the vaccine will help.

they re controlling the population ...

multiple wannabe dictators are in love with the control on us.

That right there I agree with

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.

“ Hávamál”
11 May 2021, 01:23
Canuck32
It’s not needles in arms, it’s our idiot prime minister who placed his one and only order with the Chinese until they told him to pound sand. We are at the back of the line for vaccines, even had the India. AZ order cancelled till they get under control.

If you have that much to fight for, then you should be fighting. The sentiment that modern day ordinary Canadians do not need firearms for protection is pleasant but unrealistic. To discourage responsible deserving Canadians from possessing firearms for lawful self-defence and other legitimate purposes is to risk sacrificing them at the altar of political correctness."

- Alberta Provincial Court Judge Demetrick

11 May 2021, 16:58
crane
32-
I hope it costs the PM his power and you get a new government. Many of us here love your country and support it with multiple trips per year. Not sure many in the tourism sector can survive this second year.
11 May 2021, 19:01
Skyline
quote:
Originally posted by crane:
32-
I hope it costs the PM his power and you get a new government. Many of us here love your country and support it with multiple trips per year. Not sure many in the tourism sector can survive this second year.

Agree completely. Trudeau and his minions needs to go. You are correct about the tourism sector, many are having an great deal of trouble keeping things pasted together and there has been little or no help from the government, especially with the wilderness tourism operators. Very sad situation.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

11 May 2021, 21:15
Thunder Head
Patiently waiting,

I really need to do a Moose hunt

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.
12 May 2021, 08:10
boarkiller
That’ll be second year I can’t go see friends and go fishing on Dieffenbaker lake
Besides moose hunt is what my doctor told me I have to do soon to stay alive...

“ Hávamál”
14 May 2021, 09:10
buzz4me2
Canada is so screwed up it's beyond unbelievable. When are the people going to stand up to the idiot in charge and get him out? The rest of the world will be opened up before Canada is.

Mike
15 May 2021, 07:17
medved
quote:
Originally posted by buzz4me2:
Canada is so screwed up it's beyond unbelievable. When are the people going to stand up to the idiot in charge and get him out? The rest of the world will be opened up before Canada is.

coming from a commiefornia resident i found it great ... and funny.

anyway so true we need to get a different leader here but i doubt otoole is the answer ...
18 May 2021, 00:20
buzz4me2
Keep making fun of California while your borders remain closed and you lose another summer season.

Mike
18 May 2021, 00:30
Skyline
You mean the state where people are leaving like rats fleeing a sinking ship? I thought everyone made fun of California...every US hunter I know does, including the ones who live in CA. Smiler

None of us like the border situation, but snivelling about it will not get it open sooner. It is what it is and the average tax payer has to ride it out until Biden and Trudeau decide on a plan to reopen. In the mean time everyone needs to do the best they can fishing and hunting at home.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

18 May 2021, 07:16
medved
quote:
Originally posted by buzz4me2:
Keep making fun of California while your borders remain closed and you lose another summer season.

our borders are not closed: you cannot travel there, you see the difference ...

i do not like what is happening but like kelly said i doubt you ll get any sympathy or support about you coming from that lovely state that has more restriction on guns than in canada ... or more restrictions on hunting or importing trophy ...

we do not like the situation and most of us live on tourism but your attitude tell us how fun you might be as a client or around a campfire.

while you cannot come i will try to enjoy the fishing and hunting offered in our wonderful territory ...
20 May 2021, 17:14
Kathi
https://www.voanews.com/americ...-least-another-month

Just received an e-mail our July fishing trip to Great Slave lake has been postponed to 2022.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."
20 May 2021, 20:43
Skyline
Kathi...sorry to hear that but I imagine it is not completely unexpected. Covid issues are even a bigger problem in the remote areas of northern Canada, as First Nations people are disproportionately affected by it in several ways.

Many live in remote communities that are only accessible by plane or boat in the summer and ice roads in the winter, so they are sheltered from the unwashed masses in the big cities. If Covid gets in to their community it is either from members of their community travelling to the outside and bringing it back with them or by strangers bringing it in when they access the community for one reason or another.

The First Nations people also suffer from some of the highest rates of obesity and diabetes is a big problem...so they fall into the parameters for those most seriously affected by Covid. Most First Nations communities at present are completely closed to outsiders. This is the case even near where I live in northern BC, with even the smallest reserve/communities being blocked to outsiders with roads into the communities blocked with cement barricades and manned by residents.

This issue with the First Nations means that many of them are not going to be out working at the lodges as they would be pre-pandemic, so lodges will have issues with having enough guides, etc. to function. Also, at this point in time many of the lodges will have decided that they simply will not be able to operate this year even if the border eventually opens at some point this summer, due to that they will not have enough time to round up employees and get all of the supplies needed to operate at the last minute.

Costs to operate in the north are enormous and without a close to full slate of clients they would not be able financially able to open their doors.

Hopefully we will all be able to go out and play by the fall, but some of the outfitters I know are not holding their breath about that either. Time will tell.

21 May 2021, 23:06
boarkiller
So what happened to vaccination program with the most vulnerable?
I would think these communities then would get the first pick and actually be already vaccinated
Seems strange Canada is not finished with vaccinations as there is 10% of you guys in comparison with US

“ Hávamál”
22 May 2021, 00:43
Skyline
Boarkiller...they are vaccinating the First Nations as a priority, but that is not the issue. The First Nations bands/communities are prohibiting anyone from going on the reserves, not the government.

Also, one has to remember that in the Yukon, NWT and Nunavut the First Nations have a big say in what happens, not only on their reserve/community areas, they have a big say in anything that takes place on their treaty entitlement areas (meaning traditional/historical use areas).

It is also worth noting that this is very remote country and in many cases there are no doctors in the communities. At best some communities have a nurse practitioner. If they have a serious medical issue they have to be flown out to a big city for treatment.

22 May 2021, 01:52
medved
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:
So what happened to vaccination program with the most vulnerable?
I would think these communities then would get the first pick and actually be already vaccinated
Seems strange Canada is not finished with vaccinations as there is 10% of you guys in comparison with US

you re producing vacine we do not do that anymore plus the country is huge ...

for a territory one third of alaska we re 42000 at max and have only 4 beds allocated for the covid disorder.

so as kelly explained to you if any communauties is impacted no one will be able to be taking care of very shortly and fast.

in the yukon 65% is vaccinated so far but i doubt it will be enough and they re releasing some freedom here but we still to wear that masks even vaccinated so it is not because you can travel all over your country that we can here ...

the problem we have is more about controlling crowd and preventing them to travel ... trust me i have been raised with that in mind when my family escaped communist regime of europe ...
nobody ever dreamt to control the world that way ...
22 May 2021, 22:47
boarkiller
Gotcha, thanks guys

“ Hávamál”
09 June 2021, 05:13
Brian Canada
They may be opening the border in phases starting July/August. Maybe!

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.
09 June 2021, 15:34
Nevada Wapati
Fingers are crossed. I have a September moose/bear hunt booked that I want to keep.
09 June 2021, 20:48
Nevada Wapati
Just read this. Things are looking better.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/s...ted/?sh=5064e0e53e6f
11 June 2021, 18:32
Grizzly Adams1
Call me a pessimist, but the Indian variant, now renamed the Delta variant by the politically correct, has been infecting fully vaccinated people here. Tough to make real decisions when we're fed so much Bull Shit.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell
11 June 2021, 19:12
Skyline
quote:
Originally posted by Grizzly Adams1:
Call me a pessimist, but the Indian variant, now renamed the Delta variant by the politically correct, has been infecting fully vaccinated people here. Tough to make real decisions when we're fed so much Bull Shit.

Grizz

Grizz...I am also pessimistic about it. When I first heard about the Delta (India) variant and how it is spreading, along with the warnings that it is very contagious and spreading quickly, I thought here will be the next excuse to affect opening up.

Now last night on the news they are already starting to broadcast that people will not be protected from the Delta variant unless they have had two shots. Roll Eyes Can anyone say "fourth wave"?

14 June 2021, 05:05
boarkiller
I think, Liberal way of thinking is scaring everyone shitless and make you being scared as well even if it means to fine you, arrest you or whatever else gov thugs can come up with.
Canadian freedom is at peril or maybe already beyond that…
Commies are taking over this world in the name of protecting you from yourself…in the name of security

“ Hávamál”
14 June 2021, 07:00
Skyline
quote:
I think, Liberal way of thinking is scaring everyone shitless and make you being scared as well even if it means to fine you, arrest you or whatever else gov thugs can come up with.
Commies are taking over this world in the name of protecting you from yourself…in the name of security

boarkiller...yes it is the Liberal mind set that is the biggest danger to "freedom" of the people these days. It is funny, but the Liberals who like to think they are the most "woke", are in fact a very closed minded group. They are the antithesis of what they purport to be. They believe in freedom of speech, they say, as long as what you are saying conforms with their position. If not they go out of their way to attack you and are not happy until they have destroyed you, your business and the rest of your family. definitely a malignant mindset.

Having said that, I do not think that Canadians are in any more danger of losing their freedom than many other countries. Even in your United States of America we have seen a total meltdown throughout this "pandemic" in a number of states, including CA, OR and WA. Way more draconian lock downs have been seen in a lot of other countries as well, such as Australia, New Zealand and the UK.

It is what it is, and given the fact that we cannot do a damn thing about it, I try not to dwell on it and I just assure the local politicians that I will remember everything they did when we go to the poles next time.

14 June 2021, 07:57
boarkiller
quote:
Originally posted by Skyline:
quote:

boarkiller...yes it is the Liberal mind set that is the biggest danger to "freedom" of the people these days. It is funny, but the Liberals who like to think they are the most "woke", are in fact a very closed minded group. They are the antithesis of what they purport to be. They believe in freedom of speech, they say, as long as what you are saying conforms with their position. If not they go out of their way to attack you and are not happy until they have destroyed you, your business and the rest of your family. definitely a malignant mindset.

Having said that, I do not think that Canadians are in any more danger of losing their freedom than many other countries. Even in your United States of America we have seen a total meltdown throughout this "pandemic" in a number of states, including CA, OR and WA. Way more draconian lock downs have been seen in a lot of other countries as well, such as Australia, New Zealand and the UK.

It is what it is, and given the fact that we cannot do a damn thing about it, I try not to dwell on it and I just assure the local politicians that I will remember everything they did when we go to the poles next time.

Totally agree with you Skyline on rest of the world as well
Of course this is on Canadian forum so I pointed it on Canadians
That being said, just visited Oregon and they all still have mask mandate…crazy
Just got back from Europe and it’s nuts there as well
I grew up in Communism and this is as close to being communism as I have seen it with all the mandates, threats to non compliant citizens and fines and etc.
World gone crazy…that is especially Liberal thinking politicians
When Trump tried to close southern border…he was a bad man
When Trudeau did it, he was applauded to…
Go figure…

“ Hávamál”
16 June 2021, 08:33
twilli
Border should be opening up 6/21/21. Canada will have specific things in place that will need to be complied with. Negative covid test and quarantine but check out Canadian site for detailed specific information
16 June 2021, 10:09
boarkiller
I’d take test but quarantine?…they can shove that up theirs…

“ Hávamál”
16 June 2021, 10:21
Skyline
There is lots of speculation about the border opening. Trudeau has called a meeting on Thursday with the Premiers of all the provinces and territories to discuss the border issue. The push is for a planned reopening in stages, so we will see what gets announced as the current closure restrictions end June 21.

Trudeau is under a lot of pressure and he talked to Biden while at the G7, but there have been no announcements. Much will depend on what happens at the meeting on Thursday I expect.

20 June 2021, 17:11
Kathi
https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/...ne-targets-1.5476103

Extended to July 21.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."
20 June 2021, 23:22
medved
quote:
Originally posted by Skyline:
quote:

if there is any other poles one day ...
21 June 2021, 10:11
DLS
I was at two different border crossing spots this week, from Montana into Alberta. Everything was locked up tight as a drum. There were signs saying that going beyond them would result in a $5,000 fine as well as prosecution. Not sure what they’d prosecute for, but the threat was there.
21 June 2021, 20:11
Skyline
Trudeau was on the news and speaking to the border closure. We already know that both Canada and the US mutually agreed to extend the closure to July 21. Trudeau stated that the border would not open fully until 75% of the population was fully vaccinated with two doses, and Canada currently sits at less than 30% fully vaccinated.

So maybe it will get accomplished by July 21, but I would not be holding my breath and I would not be surprised if it did not open until late August at the earliest.

22 June 2021, 01:55
medved
quote:
Originally posted by DLS:
I was at two different border crossing spots this week, from Montana into Alberta. Everything was locked up tight as a drum. There were signs saying that going beyond them would result in a $5,000 fine as well as prosecution. Not sure what they’d prosecute for, but the threat was there.

this is the new way of enforcement threatening but not fining, if the fear is enough in your head they won without using their pen or explaining in front of a judge what they did wrong ...
15 July 2021, 20:47
TigerPaw
Just need my Rocky for my Slam and you all are holding me up! Smiler
Haven't met a Canadian I didn't like (note - havent met Trudeau...) and certainly don't want anyone catching that Wuhan stuff.
19 July 2021, 01:04
Brian Canada
This is just my opinion stated here to be helpful to our American friends planning a trip to Canada. Don't shoot the messenger.
Before the very recent increase in covid (variant) cases in the USA, the Canadian government was hoping to open the border for Americans in mid August. Personally I think that there is good chance that it will be changed to a much later date. JMO. Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.