Notify
Tools

Gear question
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted
Two actually,

I have a farm country mule deer hunt booked near Edmonton Alberta.(first week of November) Its described as ride around in the truck and glass from vantage points. When you find a buck you want to go after. Get out and stalk him.

Packing list has set of whites on it. What are a good brand to buy?

Boots,
I usually use leather hiking boots and gaiters for hunting out west or in the mountains. I do have some danner pronghorns that have some insulation. Ive never really hunted in snow day after day. What boots would you wear?

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Depends on the time of year right now jeans and running shoes, later good waterproof boots that fit well. Depends on how you handle cold weather but a good layer system. I live North West of Edmonton now but lived 20 years in Northern places I wear pants and layers on top, haven’t worn long underwear hunting for years as I get to hot walking or stalking

Member NRA, NFA,CSSA,DSC,SCI,AFGA

Posts: 264 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 10 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No cotton underwear. "Cotton Kills"

Light weight wool or poly in Layers is the best.

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3336 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hand and boot warmer.

It can be hard as one might need to take warm and cold weather gear.

Posts: 19354 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Farm Land, drive around Hunt . Your outfitter has permission to hunt that ? We have a real problem with rogue outfitters hunting land they are not permitted on. You could be in for a world of Hurt.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1585 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Grizzly Adams1:
Farm Land, drive around Hunt . Your outfitter has permission to hunt that ? We have a real problem with rogue outfitters hunting land they are not permitted on. You could be in for a world of Hurt.

Grizz[/QUOTE
Interesting we have a problem with lease holders not allowing people on to crown Grazing leases after Oct 15is this the problem or are they going on private land.

Member NRA, NFA,CSSA,DSC,SCI,AFGA

Posts: 264 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 10 April 2013Reply With Quote