THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CANADIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Canadian Hunting    Moose hunt with Parson's Pond Outfitters?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Moose hunt with Parson's Pond Outfitters?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone hunted moose with Parson's Pond Outfitters? A few of use from my local SCI chapter are looking to book a Newfoundland moose hunt for next fall (2019) and this has been suggested by one of the group members. He'd spoken with them at the Harrisburg PA show.

Posts: 1426 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know nothing of them,I will say there are moose everywhere.My concern would be are you looking for a meat hunt or trophy say 40"plus.I prefer to hunt with outfitters that have their own planes to move you around.Check references for last year,ask the guys that went home without a moose & why?

Posts: 370 | Location: northcentral mt | Registered: 25 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Parson Pond a few years ago an killed a medium size bull, my 2 buddies each killed also...a big cow and another 30" bull. With that said you are going to bust your butt walking in that terrain and their meat handling is terrible. They may advertise that they will move your meat quickly but they are not going to fly a copter or plane in or just 1 moose pickup in the field. Weather was on warmer side and my one pal lost both hind quarters of his cow because of that...meat was as green as an olive but they owner said," oh we just cut that part away".
Regardless o whom you use as an outfitter yo most likely kill a moose if you just want meat get an either/or tag and have the option of taking a big cow. The one my partner shot was 250# heavier than either of our bulls.
Effords & Sons are a good outfit to check out so is Ray's.

Posts: 735 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Doc. That's a bit of a bummer to hear. I'm going to contact a few other of their references as well. I'll check out those outfitter listed below, as well.

Posts: 1426 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Bob Efford in 2016.Saw lots of moose & passed up several trophy bulls as I didn't want to pack them 2 plus miles.I 've shot moose before so it wasn't a burning desire.My hunt was a combo and I was more interested in caribou and shot a woodland of my dreams.Check out Efford.

Posts: 370 | Location: northcentral mt | Registered: 25 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hunted Newfoundland for moose with SNOWSHOE LAKE OUTFITTERS, very fine outfitter. call RON HICKS 1-888-you-hunt. Tell him don hertz recommended

Posts: 1096 | Location: UNITED STATES of AMERTCA | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With Quote