THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CANADIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Canadian Hunting    A Bedouin Experience In The Frozen North Of BC, Canada!Photos, Videos Added!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Bedouin Experience In The Frozen North Of BC, Canada!Photos, Videos Added!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Last year we went to Bela Cola in BC for heliskiing.

Had a great time, and the weather was not too bad.

This year we thought we would try another area, and are half way through our stay close to Terace, BC.

My family and friends heliski and I generally make myself busy doing other things.

We went to Rupert to salmon fish.

Caught one fish, and got stranded in Rupert because the road back was closed.

And what was going to be a bit of a set back, turned out well.

I found out that ALF, a member of AR, lives in Rupert.

He was kind enough to pick me up from the hotel, and I spent a great evening with him and his family.

Funny part is one meets someone for the first time, but with so many interests in common, one feels like meeting an old friend.

Next day the road was still closed, so a helicopter came over to get me back to our place.

This delay put a dent in a an arranged wolf hunt in Smithers.

Went to Smithers yesterday, and my PH is half New Zealand and half Canadian.

A very knowledgeable and friendly man. We found lots of things we had in common and got on very well.

He kindly arranged a dinner for us with some of his friends, and it was a great evening for all of us.

Next morning we went hunting, did not see any wolves, but saw lots of moose.

We had a bit of fun trying to fly a drone.

The iPad battery died.

The drone battery died - despite the fact they were charged!!

I discovered I was not the only one suffering from the extreme cold!!

Flew back in the afternoon from Smithers to Terace.

The weather was great nd we enjoyed a fantastic flight.

This morning I am meeting my friend ALF and we are going to fly around sightseeing.

Tomorrow I am driving very early to Smithers, hunt for 2 days, and fly back Monday evening.

Will let you know how things turn out hunt wise.

Regardless of whether we get anything or not, we are all having a ball.

1. Go Pro mounted on our helicopter

2. Go Pro mounted on our helicopter

3. Go Pro mounted on our helicopter

4. Go Pro mounted on our helicopter

5. Gopro on Hessa's crash helmet

6. Skiers dropped on top of the mountain

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66936 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
This wonderful site started by you has resulted in lots of friendships,thanks for posting,enjoy tu2

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saaed
I had the pleasure of meeting another AR member yesterday. His job regularly brings him to New Zealand and we arranged our first meeting yesterday over coffee. It was a very comfortable and pleasant experience discussing, of course, hunting, game, travel & hunting memories, shooting, reloading Anx favourite bullets. All possible due to the community environment of AR. That is really quite wonderful.
Best of luck to you if still hunting Wolf. I am trying again in April. Wolf is ond animal i truly wanf to take. Had no luck at all so far on 4 hunts. I love that area of BC where you are. It's beautiful and I hope you are managi g witb tbe brutal cold.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2018 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to pictures!

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
here's hoping you and yours will continue to enjoy the northern winter and that it will be kind to you tu2

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing Saeed. Hope you continue to have a swell time!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36553 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing. I have a summer cabin in that area, nice to hear you are enjoying your stay and experiencing a little bit of Canadian Winter.

Posts: 233 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 24 January 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Sounds action packed, enjoy!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill73:
Saeed,
This wonderful site started by you has resulted in lots of friendships,thanks for posting,enjoy tu2

Well said. Good luck on the hunt.

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you should have come over around -45c without the windchill bison hunting at his best ...

glad you enjoyed a little of our winter.

Posts: 1732 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
It is minus 31!

We had been calling all morning but so far not seen anything.

Put up more bait and will check early in the morning!

This is a brand new ball game for me.

At any given time one part of another of my anatomy is frozen solid it seems!

Toes, fingers, and nose are the worst culprits.

My friends from Africa keep telling me “that place is not fit for human beings!”

And I totally agree!

Posts: 66936 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hope you enjoy your stay here! It’s a beautiful place but I agree that area and cold isn’t fit for year round humans!

Some great goats up in those mountains!

Hope you get a wolf, they’ve become a serious problem in a lot of places. We didn’t take any elk on this years last trip up in northern BC but we heard packs of wolves every night and lots of wolf kills too

Posts: 133 | Location: B.C. Canada  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Enjoy it Saeed
I feel just about the same in warm climates
I can take it for week or so and I miss cold
Go figure...

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The key to cold weather hunting or fishing is to either keep moving. Hunting snow-roosted ruffed grouse in northern MN at -20 was fun. You stay warm trudging through the snow. Or, sit in an ice house with a heater cooking lunch!

Extreme cold and heat are somewhat similar. You need to know when you have had enough before you get too cold or hot.

Tom

Posts: 341 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 21 November 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"Modern" Bedouin this Big Grin More technology packed in his backpack than the "watches and dials " on that chopper !

Eeker A drone watching a helicopter somewhere on the banks of a river way off the beaten track
In summer this is a awesome fishing spot

Chris our helicopter pilot had enough sense to take his Blundstones off and swap them for a pair of rubber boots, Them low boots are snow traps

Minus 18 a bit up from the minus 21 when we woke earlier in the morning

Saeed and his two Air hostesses Wink

All jokes aside: Saeed is the most gracious and generous host you can find and I will say without a word of hesitation that my world would be infinitely poorer for not having met him and not have come across AR when I did all those years ago clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed I hope you have a great trip in Canada!

Posts: 234 | Location: Northern Ontario | Registered: 25 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A moose came visiting, some snowmobilers on the lake sent it running

The snow is a issue, no where to push it to

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Got back from Smithers yesterday.

Saw lots of moose but no predators at all.

Had a great time with BRIAN and Gavin, both were absolutely great and tried their best.

We had lots of laughs together, and I really enjoyed a totally different way of life and hunting.

One thing that struck me was the amount of food they give you per serving!

Enough for 6 meals for me!

I am going through the videos and e tracking lots of photos to post here.

I will do that once we are home, hopefully on Sunday.

It is snow right now, so looks like we are going to be here in the lodge.

No hardship at all, as every conceivable comfort is provided.

If it clears we might go on the snow ski machines to look around.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like big fun. And yes, because of AR I have friends from all over the planet.

Thank you Saeed, thank you very much.

Posts: 41769 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BCHunterfsj
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing your Canadian "adventure".
Come visit us in Fort St. John next time...

Posts: 43 | Location: Fort St. John, B.C., Canada | Registered: 16 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I truly wish that we could meet sometime. In comparison my means are modest, but I can set you up with a 300 Weatherby, scoped with a Schmidt and Bender T96 in 2.5-10x50. It shoots 175 Barnes LRX bullets quite well.
Between Prince George BC, my city of residence and Terrace there's a good number of AR members and we'd be honoured to be of service for you and your family.
Cheers
Bruce

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .366torque:
I truly wish that we could meet sometime. In comparison my means are modest, but I can set you up with a 300 Weatherby, scoped with a Schmidt and Bender T96 in 2.5-10x50. It shoots 175 Barnes LRX bullets quite well.
Between Prince George BC, my city of residence and Terrace there's a good number of AR members and we'd be honoured to be of service for you and your family.
Cheers
Bruce

Bruce,

Thank you very much.

Your generosity and kindness is reflected in everyone I met in Canada.

Wonderful country with wonderful people.

We all had an absolutely great time.

Everywhere we went, we were made to feel like old friends.

Met and made many new friends.

We flew all over the Terrace Smithers area, and I have hours of video.

I will post some of these once I am home - I am writing this on EMIRATES right now passing over Europe on route to DUBAI.

Some of you warned me about Air Canada when I complained about flying BA through Heathrow.

What a difference!

We flew DUBAI Toronto on Emirates, then Air Canada Toronto Vancouver.

Great flight and the ground services were excellent.

Really put Bloody Awful and their service at Heathrow to shame!

We flew Air Canada Vancouver Terrace.

Again, everyone was extremely helpful.

Most of the people I met were hunters, and as you can imagine, we had lots to talk about.

We are trying to get over the jet lag now, as it is 12 hours between DUBAI and Terrace.

Woke up at 2:30 in Terrace, flew to Vancouver, almost 6 hours lay over, flew to Toronto, 2 hours lay over, and 12:30 flight to Dubai.

Slept all the way from Vancouver to Europe - looks like I am the only person awake in First Class!!

Just had breakfast, fruits, pancakes, grapefruit juice and now on my second cup of coffee and posting on AR!

Air travel does not get any easier!

Going through both Toronto where we had to clear immigration, was a breeze!

We were warned that immigration lines can be very long in Toronto, which turned out to be true.

In fact, we were asked to remain in the plane at the gate for about 20 minutes because the immigration hall was full!!

We organized a meet and greet service, which worked very well.

I think we were through in less than a minute.

The lady looked at our visas, stamped our passport and said “welcome to Canada”.

Met a gentleman on the flight from Vancouver to Toronto, and we talked about all sorts of things, agreeing that no matter what color is one’s skin, no matter what country one is from, we all have so much in common.

Wonderful break, and the icing on the cake was finally meeting ALF and his family.

I think between him and his daughter Shaughne and myself we must have taken thousands of photos on our helicopter ride.

I cheated a bit by using a video camera instead - 30 frames a second at 4K for an hour one gets over 108,000 photos! clap

I have extracted a few photos to send to friends on WhatsApp, and I will get a few more and post them for your enjoyment.

Could not use the drown as much as would have liked.

The batteries in both the mini iPad I use with it and it’s own battery never stopped complaining of the extreme cold!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I apologize for the weather, it's been a rollercoaster ride of warm to cold and back.
Your next visit we can organise a meet and greet.

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great trip; Canada is such a great country!

And do please get in contact if you're coming to London!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
The Stewardess on Air Canada from Vancouver to Toronto was an absolute gem!

Another fascinating thing our pilot on Emirates made an announcement before take off saying that we will be in Dubai at 19:14 the next day.

I could not believe it when the A380 touched down at Dubai International Airport.

It WAS 19:14 precisely!!!

We were home by 8, which is great, as Hessa has school in the morning.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Here are some photos from our trip.

There are more, and I will post them as I process them.

Our two pilots, Chris and Jeff, did a grand job keeping everyone busy, and happy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We are blessed living in BC.
You should see it in September.
The colors of the woods, roaring rivers
become gentler and the rut is in the air!
You can almost feel and taste it.
The sluggishness of summer gives way to a vigour.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Great pictures thanks for sharing.

Posts: 19364 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
Stunning photography; and great to see everyone wearing 'avalanche airbag' backpacks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Even I who is not skiing had to have an emergency locator in my backpack.

Very well run operation by professionals in their field.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Coming from a skier and outdoorsman I found your photos absolutely outstanding and captivating. You are a very talented photographer Saeed. Thank you for taking the time to share them.
Scott

Posts: 413 | Location: Ridgecrest,Ca | Registered: 02 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Beautiful images.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9868 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Beautiful photos Saeed, but that's too cold for me and I used to live in Idaho!

I agree with you that one of the great things about traveling a lot is getting to meet great people that I have a lot of common interests with.

I visited with four AR members (including 30.06 King), in New Zealand earlier this month and I've met AR members in Namibia, Zimbabwe, RSA, etc., every meeting was like talking with an old friend.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Looks like a great time!

I too Havre had the pleasure of meeting other members. I am honored to be in such good company.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wish I would have seen this sooner Saeed, I live in Terrace and would have loved to have met you...

Chris

Posts: 40 | Location: British Columbia.... | Registered: 05 February 2011Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I am processing some videos from the air and Insill post them for you.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the pictures

Posts: 19364 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I have added some videos from our helicopter.

You can find these on my first post on this thread.