THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CANADIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Canadian Hunting    Great night last night with a former BC outfitter/guide

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great night last night with a former BC outfitter/guide
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The evening started with Ms AZW and me attending a wine tasting charity event. We all had to begin by stating our first name, favorite wine to include whether we preferred white or red, and an adjective that described us.

I stated my favorite wine was white and its name is Bud Light (not true, but I had to break the ice) and the best adjective for me was "jaded."

Honestly, it turned out to be fun, but our neighbor had invited us over to meet her brother, a retired outfitter from BC. Talked hunting all night, then he wanted to see my trophy and reloading rooms. Bullshitted until almost 1 am. He invited me up to hunt. Great guy; had a really good time, which I appreciated since I cannot do any running, hunting, or shooting until at least this Friday due to eye surgery. If you can't be out hunting or shooting, this was a pretty good surrogate.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How does he invite you up to hunt if he is retired.
Or does he still own the area.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Friends that are still in the business. Not expecting a free ride, but he said he could put me on moose, goat, or mountain lion for less than the price I would expect to pay.

We will see...it was a lot of fun just bullshitting about hunting, clients he had, the pics (had a really nice moose pic), etc.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a fun evening and the beginning of a good friendship

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4192 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote