Tools

White Moose Killed
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Very sad

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66762 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Very sad

Just a freak of nature.

Doesn't matter one way or another if one is shot.

Would be a shame if it was shot and the meat wasted

Posts: 19314 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The issue to me is poachers.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nopride2:
The issue to me is poachers.

Dave

Yep!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66762 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
About half the people on the face of the earth are lowdown scumbags. Yin and yang, dark and light, good and evil.....been that way since the garden of eden and it ain't changing anytime soon. I hate bad people.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Posts: 245 | Location: US of A | Registered: 03 April 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
White Giraffe any one ? Big Grin

https://www.bbc.com/news/world...980914#:~:text=World's%20only%20known%20white%20giraffe%20fitted%20with%20tracker%20to%20deter%20poachers,-4%20hours%20ago&text=The%20world's%20only%20known%20white,giraffe's%20movements%20in%20real%20time.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1577 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not white, piebald. Google piebald moose, they are not that rare, just odd.

one of us
Picture of erict
posted Hide Post
After reading the article I found this better article with more info that does state it is illegal to shoot white moose in that part of Ontario. Otherwise, I would have agreed fully with pdogshooter above.

Piebald creatures have some special protections in some US states - see this older Outdoor Life article on "white" deer

"Listen more than you speak, and you will hear more stupid things than you say."

Posts: 705 | Location: near Albany, NY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
probably drunken indians

Posts: 1194 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
About five years ago I had a chocolate colored eight point(just average) whitetail buck that all the parts that are supposed to be white were and they stood out brilliantly against the chocolate base. It was during the rut part of the season and he passed right by my front yard(I'm in the country) at mid day with nose to the ground trailing a hot doe but I figured him not to be more than 3 1/2 years old so just watched him through my window. It would have been an easy shot as he was not paying any attention to the world around him but he was too young and average. The only reason too have taken him was for the color variant but I wasn't going to do that either. Now I have two yearling bucks coming through my back yard munching on the brush along the tree line on a regular basis that are both showing some dark color variants but not to the extent that that other buck showed.

Posts: 966 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 23 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bull Sprig:
About half the people on the face of the earth are lowdown scumbags. Yin and yang, dark and light, good and evil.....been that way since the garden of eden and it ain't changing anytime soon. I hate bad people.

Everyone of us had done one time or another bad things
It all depends how bad and if it hurt another human being
Point is, none of us are innocent and judging is for jury now and for God later

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most of the natives in Northern BC that I know wouldn’t hesitate to shot a White Moose

Member NRA, NFA,CSSA,DSC,SCI,AFGA

Posts: 263 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 10 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Spooksar.....what? You mean they are not "spirit moose"? Smiler

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1806 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It was shot by a native, so no problems. - dan

"Intellectual truth is eternally one: moral or sentimental truth is a geographic and chronological accident that varies with the individual" R.F. Burton

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spooksar:
Most of the natives in Northern BC that I know wouldn’t hesitate to shot a White Moose

I wouldn’t either,bad for gene pool

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote